SHARE Metastatic Breast Cancer
1,415 members739 posts

Lower dose of Ibrance

I took Ibrance 125mg for 2 weeks but have been OFF for 3 full weeks due to low counts.

The 1st week off my counts dropped to 780, 2nd week off (worst week!) to 450 and finally started rebounding &. feeling much better on week 3 @ 950.

So, this week I’ll finally be at 1000 and will skip to 75mg.

I wish I could tolerate a higher dose but will be glad to at least be back on it!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Tri78

I had similar experience first time on Ibrance. Second month I took 100mgs snd did much better in that! Although my off week now and this week exhausted - guess others were nit kidding! Today is 5th day off and energy a bit better. Will your doc let you try middle dose for two weeks

2 likes

I’m glad your getting your energy back! It’s a good feeling!😊

I meet with oncologist this week and plan on asking about the dose reduction. They ordered 100mg the 2nd week off, then 75mg during the 3rd week off.

1 like

Where are you located? So are you telling me that you took the 100mgs. while you were still low neutrophils? Or you were off all meds for a week or two? I began with 125 mgs, took two weeks-low neutrophils then no meds for a week, then another blood test and another dip of neutrophils, still no meds and third week of blood draw which would have been week 5 since I began but I only took any dosage for two weeks. Then I was off for three weeks THEN, a say third week was up to 1000, the doc then put me on 100 mgs. So, being off all meds for 3 weeks helped get number back up and it ws like starting over again with 100 mgs. I did so much better on that taking dosage the second month of ever taking Ibrance. I hope that makes sense. I am sure your doc knows what he is doing and every patient is different. I did not want to take anything until my numbers got better so that I could actually know how the different dosages affected me. See what he/she says. Not sure I understand what happened with the 100 mgs. dose for you?

2 likes

I had the same experience with 2 weeks on 125mg and 3 full weeks off.

I’m not sure why 100mg was skipped.

I was told the dose would be reduced to 100mg because my counts didn’t rebound after the 1st week off. Then counts dropped more during the 2nd week off, 3rd week off counts were not quite high enough to start and onco reduced the dose to 75mg.

1 like

Sounds similar to my story. I am now finishing my first round of 100mgs with week off. I have decided on my own, that I want to see my bloodwork before beginning again. I will go tomorrow. I am not too worried but I want to see. My neutrophils last week at 22 days was 900 which is much better than on the higher dose.

1 like

Sorry about your experience Tri78. I started on 75 mg and my dr. is going slowly. On my 3rd round my white count was too low to start on time but it came back up in a few days. My dr. is most concerned about the ANC, absolute neutrophils. I hope you can get a good dosage for yourself. May I ask, what are your symptoms when your counts go low? And, are you red cell accounts affected as well? My RBC and hemoglobin are really low, too. Hang in there.

2 likes

Thanks!

Did you re-check your counts a couple days later to restart? My doc had me wait another week for lab but I was thinking then it probably only needed a few days since it was so close.

Yes, my RBC and hemoglobin were low as well. The second week off (when my counts really dropped), I had a few days with some lightheadedness, increased fatigue and getting winded easily.

Increasing my fluids really helped the lightheadedness so that was probably mild dehydration too.

1 like

More water is REALLY important! I am drowning in water, but just fine for me, close to a gallon a day. I do put fresh lemon in my glasses which helps make it more pleasant to drink, not that I dont like water but never drank QUITE this much before. But, if you look up Pfzier info that is what is suggested. I usually get about 3/4 gallon down a day of just water. That seems to work okay for me.

2 likes

Thanks. Makes sense. Yes, I waited about 4-5 days to recheck and my counts came up enough for them to feel comfortable ad have me start again. I'm certainly at a lower energy point with 4 pills to go for this round. Looking forward to being off and hopefully getting my energy up. Of course, during this time I get my faslodex injections. Always something.....:-)

And question about your name -- Tri78? Is there a story there? Just curious. Don't share if you're not comfortable.

2 likes

Thanks!!

I wish I had a good story but it was just an “available” profile nickname that’s stuck with me 😁

2 likes

I would like to understand why some of have Issues with low wbc. When my oncologists said after a second week break I may still have to go to 100mg, all I could think was will it work as well. She did explain that there is too much of it in my system. Even though I'm still on the letrozole, I worried about being off the ibrance.

1 like

You may also like...