Sensitive Issues for Men
1,278 members197 posts

Physical Therapy to Help Urinary Incontinence

I had my first session of physical therapy on Thursday, April 28, 2016. It went well. Dr. Kathleen Roth taught me 3 different exercises and then I had to do each exercise 3 times. I laid on my back with my knees up. She placed one hand on my perineum on top of my shorts during the exercises to make sure I was doing them correctly. She used her other hand to count the muscle contractions. I did a total of 30 Kegel exercises. She said I did well. She gave me homework. I have to do each exercise 10 times each session and do 3 sessions per day for 3 weeks. I will return for more therapy in 3 weeks. So I need 90 Kegel exercises every day. That will make my muscles stronger.

Kegel exercises help with incontinence and impotence.

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Sounds hard work, Bob - but worth the effort. Good luck.

1 like

Thanks. Yes. it will be worth it. I go back in 3 weeks.

BTW, there is even an App to help with KEGELS! How great is technology!

1 like

Thanks. What is the app?

It's just called MyKegel and it works on the iPhone (go to the App Store) and probably Android systems. Actually there are two or three. 

Thanks for the information.

May 19, 2016---2nd physical therapy with my therapist. She said I am doing well. I did 30 Kegel exercises which I learned last. time. Then she taught me new exercises which involved strapping my ankle to the bed with a rubber band and kicking in 4 different directions. I did 40 exercises with each leg. She gave me homework to practice for 3 more weeks. I have to continue to do 90 other Kegel exercises every day.

New exercise details---I kicked forward 10 times. I kicked backwards 10 times. I kicked to the right 10 times. I kicked to the left 10 times. I did this with both legs.

My exercises are going well. My incontinence is improving a little at a time. My therapist said it takes time. It does not happen overnight.

I had my 3rd session of physical therapy for urinary incontinence. It went well. My therapist gave me 4 new exercises. I have to do each one once per day in addition to the other Kegels I have learned.

I had a total of 6 sessions over 4 months. I am doing well. I just leak a tiny bit once in awhile.

good luck!

You may also like...