hi I have suffered from raynauds for many years along with arthritis, I am 38 years old an live alone as my son has his own house, I only work part time due to having theses 2 conditions, both conditions are bad an seemingly getting worse every year, working part time on a low income after paying my rent council tax, tv licence, gas an electricity I am left with only £8.50 per week for food, and that's never having the heating on at all due to it being to expensive, I understand people raynauds are to try an keep as warm as possible at all times, so I sit at home with about 5 layers of clothes on, it was suggested to me to apply to the government for a little extra help towards my gas bill so I could put my heating on even if it was for a hour a day, so I done this an I was refused, I am even unable to bye some of theses things people are talking about, as I struggle with only having £8.50 left per week, does any body know of any free help please.

11 Replies

  • Sorry to hear you are struggling. I suggest you visit your local Citizen's Advice Bureau who will help you to see if you are eligible for some financial assistance. The Raynauds and Scleroderma Assoc of course can help with tips on how to keep warm.

  • Firstly get to a place and get to the Foodbank voucher then ask for toiletries and cleaning stuff if they have it . Go to job centre and tell them . As you may be intited to DLA or EsA . . ?? Use Foodbank you can use 3 times in 6 months but you could ? Use every week ? If you in trouble . depending on Foodbank . And don't give up . vouchers from job centre Lots of places . You could go into a church they sometimes can help some keep food .

  • Don't be embarrassed to. Use Foodbank we could have redundant high earners in . happen to anyone

  • Sorry I didn't explain myself propley, I just ment help or information about raynaurds thanks .

  • Also go to your council ??? Some of our Foodbank people go there for help but not sure what they do . But they might sort out rent rebate if there's such a thing ???

  • Thanks for all the reply s, an I'm sorry I didn't explain myself propley, I ment any free help or advice for raynaurds, I understand that I'm not entitled to any help regarding my money situation. Thanks everyone.

  • There's more help on net . There are pills that help . hospital can help . ring RsA or Scleroderma soctiy

  • Hi thanks for your reply, I've been on the tablets and they don't work, an what more do you think the hospital can do as my doctors told me if the tables don't work then there's nothing else they can do.

  • You might find Iloprost treatment helps. Do you see a specialist? You should be seeing a rheumatologist not just a GP. The Raynauds and Scleroderma Assoc have lots of tips on keeping warm and a nurse helpline as well, do get in touch, they would also give you advice if you feel your doctor is not taking things seriously. Also ask them if there is a support group near you, a chance to talk to others with the condition.

  • Thanks for your reply no I don't see anybody else my doctor has never suggested it to me, in fact my doctor doesn't seem to intrested, so I will take your advice thanks.

  • Gas company give help to raynaud sufferers if your income is low. Your best bet is to contact citizens advice bureau who will give you lots of info about what you're entitled to. You need referring to a rheumatologist too. Also the raynauds and scleroderma assoc. are there for advice and help. Keep warm!!!

You may also like...