I am new here I have RA

I was diagnosed 7 years ago with negative serum RA, I just now have tested positive for RA. Now there is really no questions. I am a PE teacher and coach. I have refused to give up my joys and passions to this disease! But I have to say there are times I don't have a choice but to listen to my body and brain. I am a fighter but at times I just cry when I am by myself because I am so sad this is happening to me. I was a college athlete I took care of myself and now this??? Taking orencia monthly, plaquinel, prednisone 5 mg and an anti depressant. Most of the time I feel pretty well but the last few months my Achilles have been killing me😁 If I sit down after work for a while, when I get up it is so painful to walk! Try to stay happy but sometimes just tired!! Yawned all day at work in this heat wave!!

I don't know if this helps anyone else but this is me 😋

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for sharing. I feel your pain. Ito very hard to stay positive some days.

• Tizzyli, I feel your pain. I have been a yogi for 36 years and now have had a knee replacement, which limits me so much. But now my wrists are so painful, I am up in the night sometimes with the pain. I can't believe this is happening to me, but my aunt had it and I guess it passes down through the family. The RA does not show up in a blood test but the x- rays tell it all. God bless us all in this struggle.

• So sorry. I was very active also. Haven't been able to do much of anything in 3 years. Just had shoulder surgery. Now got to have the left one fixed. Hoping everyday that I will find something that will give me my life back. I cry a lot I'm on placqunil. And Mobic pain meds muscle relaxers. It's tough but we got to be strong.

• Yes we do!!

You may also like...