Just a Lil intro

Hi ppl! :) so it's been 9 days since I've had a cig (yay me! ) I was a smoker since I was 22..smoked for 14 yrs..I'm using wellbutrin and I must say it's amazing! Besides the dry mouth and heart burn lol. ..I'll take that over the c word. Ive tried quiting in the past and failed but this time its going to stick, last week my uncle was hospitalized given 6 mos to live :'( he's got no voice, esophageal cancer,throat cancer, and more cancerous tumors on his organs. ..it absolutely breaks my heart to see him like this amd I don't want my family to see me go thru this. I can do this!

6 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome newstart😊

Firstly well done on 9 days smoke free!. I think I joined this site not long after I quit and the support from other members and admin is, amazing!.

I'm really sorry to hear your Uncle is terminally ill, if only they'd been good advice for his generation about smoking, I hope he is as comfortable as he can be with his loved ones near❤️.

You sound determined which is great, that and positive thinking can be a really good start for you.

Have a look at the pinned post section, lots of hints and tips there that could help. Also I shall put your quit dat down as 23 June, and I'll get you a badge and put you into our wall of winners.😊

Any advice or help, just ask as there are always members or admin about to help. Even if you need a good moan or shout from the rooftops at how well you're doing, we'll be here😊😊

Angie xx

3 likes

Welcome to quit support, You have a really good start with 9 days quit.

Our lovely Frostie has given you some good advice.

You take care and look forward to you joining us. :) xx

3 likes

Hi Newstart and welcome😊

So glad you've joined of us and well done for 9 days smokefree, brilliant👍🏼

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

You're doing the very best thing possible for your future health and

YES you can do it and we're here to help. We say NOPE not one puff ever🚭

Good luck🍀

2 likes

Thankyou all for such great feedback!! And as far as my uncle, he's in very good spirits for someone who has been dealt this card..he can't really talk just kinda raspy whispers bit he's smiling...I feel great and have honestle had zero cravings, and it's gonna stay that way, I've got way too mucb to live for, my fiance (who il be marrying sept29) and my beautiful 2 yr old daughter Kenzie. Strength to all! Thanks again!

1 like

Hi Newstart 👋

Congratulations on your 9 day quit 👏👏 and what great reasons you have to stay smokefree for good 😊

Great advice already given here, so it just leaves me to say the best of luck to you, I'm sure you'll be fine 🚭👍

Karen xxx

2 likes

Definitely the right choice to make... and for your daughter to never see you smoking as she grows is the best thing you could ever do😊😊. Really pleased your Uncle is doing well despite his illness ❤️

1 like

You may also like...