Cold Turkey is better than E-Cigs and other alternatives!

I'm 22 smoked since I was 14 (I know its very young) I have tried to quit twice using patches the first time and E-cigs roughly a year ago. I found no joy as it made me want a fag more. However three weeks ago I was hospitalised with severe CAP pneumonia for a week and it forced me to go through the cold turkey stage. The first 3-5 days was horrid I was sweating biting my nails to the point they was physically sore to touch but after the 5th day I felt fine and I haven't touched a cigarette now for three weeks ans have no intentions to! Good Luck to the rest of you who are quitting. I thought it would be helpful to others to share my experience and recommend not using alternatives and quitting completely.

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hiya Liam well done , and you quit cold turkey what an achievement . I know you were forced to make the decision because of you having pneumonia , but hey it's the best thing you have done for your health. Stay strong. We are always here if you need a chat. Thanks for sharing

• Hi Liam, 3 weeks cold turkey is a terrific achievement so well done to you๐Ÿ˜Š

The nicotine is well and truly out of your body and thanks for sharing your post with us๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Forced cold turkey has worked well for you and just remember to keep an eye out for any temptations that might visit you. You've quit this dirty habit while you're young and I'm very happy that you have. Be proud coz it's the best thing gift you'll ever give yourself. NOPE not one puff ever๐Ÿšญ๐Ÿšญย 

• Hi Liam well done on ur quit you're doing really well ๐Ÿšญ

• Well done please don't start remember we are here you should be proud of yourself well done ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

You may also like...