You can do this!

ONE year and 170 days ago I was a smoker. In that time, my life has completely changed for the better. I no longer feel chained to addiction. I feel less anxiety. I can run. I don't fear traveling. I don't fear hanging out or being stuck in a car with my non-smoking friends. I am not embarrassed of the way I smell. I don't miss out on moments because I am outside alone while everyone is inside having a great time. I became a mother in the past year and a half. I don't have to worry about my daughter being exposed to second hand smoke. I never have to freak out about being down to my last cigarette or not being able to find a lighter. Becoming a non-smoker has opened up so much time in my life. I am overall happier and more relaxed. I don't miss it. I used to always be afraid to quit smoking because I thought I would spend the rest of my life missing smoking but I truly don't. My life is better now. I am happier. My relationships are better. I have more money. I am in better shape. I look better, feel better, smell better.

I never thought I would be at this point in my life. I smoked 1+ pack a day for 17 years. I am finally free of it. I know how difficult it may seem to initally quit, I know the back and forth your mind puts you through. I just wanted to stop in here and tell you guys to stick with it. There is light at the end of the tunnel and you TRULY will be so much happier without it in your life. Smoking never did a thing for me. All it did was take from me. Cutting it out of my life was the best decision I have ever made for myself.

If you need help getting into the right mindset (and I believe that is the most important part of this), you can pick up a book by Allen Carr, easyway to quit smoking. It really helped put things in perspective for me.

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • This is where I want to be!,,

Thank you for your post, it says it all

JWell done you

I'm only nearly 6 weeks but I know I'm going to get there.

It's such a monumental change to ones life. I want to be where you are. 

I've failed so many times and I'm fed up with failure

Onward and upward hopefully.

Teric x

• Hi I'm nearly six weeks too but it's brilliant we got this far don't look at other people's time being a non smoker ,because one day that will be us ,don't think about your past failures it doesn't matter it's the past ,think about today as being a non smoker xx

• Every day counts! Just remind yourself that smoking does NOTHING FOR YOU! You are on the right path to getting your life back! You got this!

• Cant wait to get to where you are - to know there will be a time when it feels normal to be without the cigs

• I remember being exactly where you are looking at the long road ahead and thinking "how am I ever going to make it!" and here I am! I promise it will be worth it and you will feel a way better version of NORMAL without cigs!

• Thankyou Griffy for a fantastic positive post that will encourage us all to keep going👏🏼

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter and she's sooo lucky to have a lovely non smoker for her mummy💞 

17 months quit is awesome, congratulations🎈🎉🎊 you can be very proud of yourself and I loved reading your post. Delighted for your good health and happiness👍🏼💐😊

• Thanks Griffy for such a great post. This is so inspiring for all of us.

Congratulations on having your daughter and what a great gift you have given her by being a non smoking mummy 😀😀

You post will help so many of our newer members - so thank you again 😀😀❤️❤️

• Whoooflippinwhoooo griffy, 17 months quit, gorgeous daughter, positive attitude, sweet smelling and richer in every way😊 You go girl 😊

Thanks for the great post and good luck. 😊😊🍀🍀🍀

• Hi Griffy. Thank you so much for posting. Your life has definitely turned round , and everything you say is so true. Thank you for sharing and congratulations on becoming a mother, so much to look forward to. I wish you all the happiness for the future :)

• thanks Griffy, inspired by your post

• fabulous testimony on the rewards of quitting--should be a must read for all smokers--thanks Griffy

You may also like...