Quit 3 months ago YAY!

Hi there

I haven't posted for a while but I hope everyone is well and happy?

I just wanted to update you on the my quit journey. It's been 3 months now since I quit and I am super happy to be smoke free. I used Champix along with reading Allen Carr's book and downloading Jason Vale's How to Stop Smoking in 2 hours.

I took up walking 10 km a day and haven't piled on weight this time either and unlike my last quit attempt I made sure that I went to the pub a few days after I stopped. I now find I am able to have a few pints without worrying about being tempted.

I cannot recommend Champix highly enough. Yes initially you feel a bit queasy shortly after swallowing the pill but this easily subsides if you have a little something to eat after you take them. I had nightmares for approx a week but after that I was fine and they seriously stop you craving so that the craving is manageable.

Jason Vale's app was ace too. It cost a couple of quid to download from the app store but the two hour quit session is well worth it as it's so fantastic.

Good luck to everyone on their smoke free journey

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi Bee! Congratulations on your smoke-free quit .. and thanks for sharing your experience.

I used Champix (Chantix in the US) too, and glad I did. I had used other means (NRT, etc.) in the past -- but Chantix really took the edge off -- it wasn't "easy" but much easier than before. I also wanted to get off the nicotine ASAP and that's another reason I favored it. I think that being "addicted" to nicotine bothered me even more than some of the other health aspects of the smoke -- and you can't break the addiction while you are still using nicotine.

I did not have the weird dreams that some people get -- but you can also get them from nicotine withdrawal alone. Increasing my exercise routine helped a LOT, too! I did have some trouble sleeping -- but then, you can also experience that from withdrawal alone, too.

All the Best to you, too!

• Fab that you stopped 4 months ago, well done you! Feels great doesn't it? It's amazing not to smoke after spending 20 years of my life doing it. I've saved myself Β£350 too so putting that towards my travels to Costa Rica, USA and Japan. Have a great day : )

• Hi Bee, congratulations on 3 months that's amazing and thanks for sharing ur tips and tricks.

• Well done bee, 3 months smoke free is fandabidosie πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ well done hun πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• Ace to smoke free right? Well done you, you are definitely winning! : ) x

• 3 monthsπŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ I'm right behind ya!!!!!!!!

• Well done! How fantastic does it feel to be smoke free? Embrace how healthy and great you feel.... so much more energy than before right? : )

• That awesome Bee πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

What was your quit date, so we can update your details😊😊

• Friday 11th September YAY!

• Hiya Bee, great to see ya doing so well, congratulations on a job well doneπŸ‘πŸΌ

Thanks for sharing your success with us as this really does help. You must be super fit as well with all that walking. Here's to a healthier, wealthier future for youπŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ˜Šx

• I found walking into work and walking home took my mind off smoking, I stick in my earphones and off I go. You tend to eat a bit more when you stop smoking so this was a good way for me to keep my weight under control. Well done on quitting for 20 months... almost 2 years that's incredible! Here's to a healthier and wealthier you too! : ) x

• I have really bad nightmare.s your lucky yours stopped so quick xxx

• I guess everyone reacts differently but hope the nightmares subside soon. Well done on being smoke free for half a year... fab! x

You may also like...