A Year down the line

HI All, it has now been over a year and I have not had a ciggie........you know the saying it does get easier well believe me it actually does. I always had my ciggies with me and was always smoking and never thought i could give up quick to say they are my friends......or I cant live without them........or I cant give up...i havent got the willpower to give up.

Thanks to the ladies from Quit support in Speke Liverpool, Jane and Sarah words can not express how greatful i am to you both. you made me realise my triggers and i will share my main trigger with you it might help someone (GUILT)...... you proberbly think Guilt how can be a trigger, well here it goes

You smoke to much you feel GUILTY ...... You buy another packet you feel Guilty ......... oh no Ive smoked to much today GUILTY ....... Have i got another money for another packet BIG GUILT ........and so the circle goes around and around....... and we make up such good excuses ..... How many of us have raided piggy banks to provide our GUILTY Pleasure I have and even thought about my addicition for a ciggie before my kids.....now that is scary .......... but the GUILT kicks in again I need my ciggies to be a calmer person and so the circle starts again.

Dont get me wrong I still love the smell of a ciggie and will walk past someone just to get the smell of it, I was on holiday and nearly relaspsed and thought no I can not start the cycle of guilt again.

To each and everyone of you on your quit journey dont give up keep going back and trying......listen to yourself and your excuses and see is you can find your trigger..........GOOD LUCK ALL..........

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hiya miracle, loving the nameπŸ˜‰

Huge congratulations on a fantastic milestoneπŸŽˆπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰ and thankyou so much for coming back and sharing your story with us. It really does help to hear how well you've done and about the triggers. As you say you nearly relapsed on holiday, delighted you didn't of course, but its a good reminder to all of us that it can happen and not to let our guard down. Here's to a healthier future and guilt free of course. Thanks again for your help😊x

• Hiya miracle, whooohoooo what a great quit, over a year is fantastic, well done hun πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠπŸΊπŸΊπŸ°πŸ°πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­πŸš­

• Hi miracle,

That is awesome...one whole year smoke free πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Thank you so much for sharing your story πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Let us know your actual quit date and we will add you to our wall of winners

• Thanks for sharing with us... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

The last 6 months I smoked I felt like a real creep every time I bought tobacco.

Nicotine addiction is indeed a "vicious cycle" no matter how one might put it to words. Thank God for the freedom from it!

• Hi ya Miracle123, a massive WOOOOOPY DOOOOOOPY DOOOOOOO :) :) 1 Year quit is just fantastic gal :) :)

Thank you soooo much Miracle for coming back to us and sharing your story with us :)

If you could please let us know your quit date, then we can keep your Winners badges up to date and add you to the Wall of Winners :)

Thanking you again, Pete :)

You may also like...