1 week no cigs

Hi everyone I quit smoking 1 week today I would say it is one of the hardest things I have done, I was just wondering if anyone has had any bad anxiety while quitting, I felt really rubbish for the first few days, but the anxiety has been bad, I have copd and do now that if I don't stay off the cigs my life is going to be so bad, I think it is that thought at present I feel worse now than I did a week ago before quitting

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Hi Maggie and a warm welcome to quit support :) :) Well done on getting through your first week :) :)

Sadly anxiety is very common for many of us on our quit journey

Are you using any NRT are going cold turkey? Sometimes the NRT just eases it a little

Quitting smoking will be up there the toughest things that you ever do in your life. But it is also the very best thing you can do for your future health.

We have a great quit family here who will support you along the way :) :)

Have a read of some of the pinned posts to the right as there is a wealth of information on quitting and what to expect as part of the quitting process

I will put your Quit date as the 15th November. if this is wrong, please let me know so i can make it right :) :)

• Welcome Maggie Ann

1 week๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰.

The first week is so hard. Way to go! I'm 2 months smokefree in a couple days and I went through a hard withdrawal which is very normal I was exhausted and I had headaches and nausea. To tell you the truth, I cant remember everything because time has flown by so fast. ....Anxiety is very normal... There are some good posts about breathing and this anxiety will pass as well...

Keep this site close There will always be someone on this site for you to chat with no matter what time of day or night. I'm from Canada. It's 10:30 pm and I'm here now and someone from another part of he world will be here for you at another time

You're doing great!!!!

• Way to go Maggie, 1 week quit is fantastic ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Sorry but your gonna feel worse before you feel better ๐Ÿ™ But I promise it does get better ๐Ÿ˜Š

I do remember some previous posts from quitters who have COPD. They said that at first it felt that their illness got worse and were considering going back to smoke..... That flippin mr nic tries everything to get you to light up......Please please please don't do this, your body just needs extra time to get used to not having 4000+ killer toxins in your system. Giving up is the best thing you could do for yourself, be strong, keep this site nice and close and we will give you as much support as we can ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Good luck Maggie stay strong and keep the faith๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

• Hello Maggie,

I can't really add anything to what the others have said above, but just wanted to say "hi" and WELL DONE!

• hi i was a smoker for 55years from the age of 12 i tried everything to stop then my son told me about champ ix i have been on them 5 weeks haven't had a cig for 4 weeks they do work only downside is side affects feeling tired all the time and silly dreams but i know i can do it

• Hiya Ellen and welcome to quit support๐Ÿ˜Š

Congratulations for 4 weeks smoke free, well done๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Šx

• Congratulations Ellen!!!!!! I quit on champix (chantix) too and normal sleep did return. Sleep trouble and weird dreams can occur from nicotine withdrawal alone, too.

Thanks for posting and let us know how you are doing!

• Hi EllenKelly :) a big warm welcome to our lovely quit support community :) and a massive well done to you for reaching 4 weeks quit :) :) and I hope your soooo proud of yourself :) :)

Ellen, please, please finish the course of champix :) cos I didnt :o and I ended up back on the 'you know what' after a week or so :(

Yes as our Will_C has said, our sleeping pattern gets disturbed, but I have tried all sorts of different NRT :o and it seams the same for most of them :o BUT, it does get better with time :) :)

Ellen, if you could please let us know when you actually quit :) then we can add you to the Wall of Winners and keep your Winners badge up to date :)

Your doing ever soooo well :) but if you need any help what so ever, you just come a shouting gal, cos there is always someone around here :)

Hope to see ya soon Ellen :)

Pete :)

• Hi Maggie and welcome to quit support๐Ÿ˜Š

Yes unfortunately the first week or so is really hard but you've got that done, so well done๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ don't look back and just take one day at a time. We are all here to help you as we've all been through this experience. Give it a bit a time and your body will start to adjust to this new way of life, good luck๐Ÿ€๐Ÿ˜Šx

• Hi Congrats on your decision to quit. I realy struggled the first month and am onlya 6weeks quitter.Istill have bad days but i feel its the right way to go.Hang in there we are all behind you and welcome to the Ateam

• Hi I am 1 week as well. I haven't noticed increased anxiety it's been ok. Sure it will be worth it in the end X

You may also like...