best way to stop smoking

hi there when i pick in with the fags i just stopped went cold turkey and that was 14 years ago, the way i did it was never put yourself near someone that is smoking, two never take money out with you if you work, unless you need money for food but only what you need and third if someone says are you coming for a smoke just say no thanks and see how you get on, one tip you know when you get those carvings for a fag the way i stop those was just to take a deep breath in hold it for a few seconds then let it out as though you were just blowing smoke out, that's my way i did, please let me know how you can on i'm Alan and its nice to meet you

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks Alan, good tips .. sounds like yrs of experience to back it up, too!!! Congratulations!

BTW: The "deep breath" really works for me and I use it a lot.

• Hi there yes and better health wise with my chest but rest of my not good, glad that you use the same as me its now 14 years now take care Alan

• Hiya Alan, thanks for the tips👍🏼😊x

• Your welcome Alan

• Hi Alan, hope you are well, I will try your tips for stopping, take care xxx

• Hi Karen I didn't know that you smoked, hope you can do it, how are you today OK I hope take care speak to you soon your friend Alan xxxx♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

• Hi alan,

I did stop once but then started again, I will do it again tho, have you got any nice plans for the weekend? xxxx

• hi Karen i hope you can stop smoking its saves you a future and better health, as for weekend yes been invited to a tenth years wedding anniversary tomorrow night wow must be first time i've been invite anywhere, have you got something on over weekend take care big hug n kiss for you your friend Alan xxxxxxxxx

• No hun nothing this weekend, but you have a really good time tomorrow will do you good getting out , have fun karen xxxx

• hi Karen that sounds like your going to be lonely this weekend, that makes me feel sad that you haven't got anything special happening this weekend. would you like a visit one weekend so we can meet up would that be o.k take care big hugs n kisses and a big cuddle from me to you your friend Always Alan xxxxxx

• Hiya Kazz and welcome to quit support😊

When ever you're ready to quit, we are all here for you, take care😊x

• Hi ya Kazz60, a big warm welcome to our lovely quit support community :) :)

Kazz, if you want to quit smoking, then you will :) BUT, you just have to find the way that works for you :)

Our lovely BigAlan has given you some great tips :) :) but if they dont work for you, then please, please lets try something else for you eh :)

Never ever give up giving up, cos one day, you WILL succeed :) and become smokefree :) :) and hopefully, we will help you to get their :) :)

Take care now Kazz and see ya soon :)

Pete :)

• Hi Alan, thanks for the tips :) :)

• Your most welcome

You may also like...