No coughing?

Hello everyone. So glad I found this board. So much great knowledge being shared. I am a 55 year old female. I originally quit in 1995 for 17 years and then in August 2012 a traumatic situation led me back. I have smoked on and off since then and have had so many lung problems due to smoking. I just quit again June 18th. I expected to cough slot but oddly I'm not coughing at all. I feel odd in my back and chest though. Went to the dr got an X-ray all checks out ok but I feel like something is wrong. I scheduled another visit fir this week hopeful to get a ct scan to rule out any issue. I know a lot of my symptoms could be mental which create 60-80% of our ailments. My mother passed in 2014 from COPD. I was her caretaker and should have known better to ever smoke again. Well thank you for allowing me to be part of s great board. Many blessings and prayers for all. Best

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Hope and a big warm welcome to our quit support community :) :)

Congratulations on your quit so far :) :) In relation to not having a cough - Many of our members have said that they too have not had one. I for one have never had a cough and I quit almost a year ago after smoking 30 a day for 40 years :D :D I do understand your concern. At least you are under medical supervision so that should put your mind at rest :) :)

Take a read of some of the information under the topic headings as there is a wealth of information on what the common symptoms are and things that have helped other members.

One of the many great things about this support group is that we all have been where you are :) :) and understand the struggles that come with quitting.. We are all here to offer you support in any way we can :) :)

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...

• Hiya Hopes and welcome to our quit family😊

Congratulations on making the decision to quit and although it's difficult, the support from this terrific group will make a huge difference.

It's great that you got checked out by the doc and that's all good. I think we all worry about our health and become more aware of our bodies when we quit.

All withdrawal symptoms differ individually and it's lucky that you don't have a cough.

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss and I'm sure your mum would be very proud of you. So keep going hun and we're here to help😊x

Our mantra is NOPE not one puff ever

• Welcome to this wonderful site😊 I have not had a cough as yet but my voice does go husky now and then much the the amusement of my sons😠

• Its lovely to see you Hopes143 :) a great big WELL DONE to you for getting to very nearly a week quit now :) and a big warm welcome to our lovely quit family :) :)

Our minds and boddies are all different Hope, so we all get different symptoms :o Yes, I think sometimes our minds tend to run away with us somewhat :o so just try to calm down a bit and take each day as it comes :)

Our lovely Glolin has reposted some breathing exercises, have a go at them and see what you think :) Take care now and speak soon :)

Pete :)

You may also like...