Day one tomorrow

Have been planning to quit for a couple of weeks now and tomorrow is the big day. I have read numerous posts and been inspired an encouraged that it IS possible to succeed even though I have failed many, many, many times...

I have my knitting, my swim membership, am learning Tai Chi and I am as ready as I will ever be...wish me luck and a great positive attitude!!!

40 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Great stuff Catherine! Brilliant that you've prepared so well, that reeaallly helps a lot :)

Wishing lots of luck and strength for tomorrow......and the rest of your smoke free life! Freedom!

Xx

• Hi Catherine and a big warm welcome to this lovely quit support community :) :)

You sound as if you are ready for it :) Like you, I have tried a fare few times now to quit :o but if we want it bad enough and stay focused and above all positive :) we can do it gal :) I'm about 5 and a half months now, the longest I've ever done :)

I tell you now Catherine, those first 2 weeks are the worst :P You have to learn to say NO to yourself :) when that mr nic comes a calling, you hold your head up high and say NO to him and yourself :) Thump a cushion or something, get the hoover out and wizzzz around with it :o just get your mind somewhere else :)

Your hobbies sound great gal, although sadly I'm not into knitting yet :o perhaps one day eh :D :D Swimming and Tai Chi are excellent forms of exercise which I know myself does help a lot :)

I wish you all the luck in the World for tomorrow Catherine :) :) and am sending you loads of get ready quit vibes to get you ready :) and even more readiererererer seeee :o :D :D

Just wandering, if your going to use any form of NRT to help you ?

If you need any help or just want a chat or a good old moan, then you come on here gal and let it out :) :)

• Hiya Catherine and welcome to quit support :)

Congratulations on making this decision, you have planned and you are ready to do this and we are all here to help you :)

Good luck on your first day, stay positive and focused on your quit and let us know how you get on :)

You CAN do this, YES you CAN :) :) x

• Good evening Briar, I hope your well and recovered from having the littleieieieieies today :o :D :D

Just wandering if you have a scooter or not :o xx

• Good Evening to you Sir :D

Errrrrrm a scooter :O why................do ya want a race :P :D x

• Just wandering if I will have to scoot faster to catch you :o :D :D xx

• Ooooooooooooo I'll let you catch me any day :D :D x

• Its not the day time am worried about :o :D :D xx

• Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeky :P :D x

• HUH, What av a said wrong nowwwww :o :D :D xx

• Poor Droopy will have nightmares if she reads that :D x

• I aint said note about peas n carrots :o xx

• Oh you are a one you are :D x

• Cant help it :o just me beeing me thats all :o :D :D

Well I know not to buy her any Psssss or Csssss for Christmas eh :D :D :D xx

• Maybe she'd like Nssss instead :D x

• Would they be nuts Briar :o :D :D

• Hey Briar, where's that loopy Droopy these days, do you think she's found a bloke at last :o :D :D

• If she hears that, you'll want more than a scooter for a quick get away :P :D x

• I've oiled it ready :D :D

• Errrrm toooooooo much information :D :D x

• :D :D :D

• toysnplaythings.co.uk/image...

Sorted! :D Got one for you Briar, and droopy if she turns up :)

Scooters for everyone :o :D

See you at the finish line :D

• LMAO thanks Betts, that's brilliant :D :D x

• Hey, Catherine, you do know that when you quit that we all turn into ermmmmm, nutters dont you :o :D :D

But it does help :D :D

• Yeah speak for yourself :D x

• :P :P :D :D xx

• Well I didn't want to spoil the surprise for her :O

Now you'll have to think of something else for her :P

Right I is off to ma bed coz those littlies have tired me out :)

Note note Monky, note note lovely Betts and anyone else :) x

• Notey note Briar x

• Notie Note Briar and I hope you have a lovely sleep :)

Just sending ya loads a sweet dreaming kip well, cuddly, recharge your battery huggs after alllllllllllllllllllllll those kidiewinks today :o :) :) xx

• :) :) :) :) x x x x x x x

• congratulations on your decision to quit. Sounds like you have made preparations for moments of stress and that's a good thing. I knit also and have made a few changes since I quit. I don't cough in the mornings anymore so now I can walk again. The fresh air and exercise have been great. It goes different for each of us and you will figure out what works best for you. Good luck tomorrow, it really won't be as bad as you think. Come here often and let us know how you are doing, we will be on your journey with you.

• Thank you very much for your support. Am on day one now and have been smoke free since 7pm last night as I ran out of smokes and REFUSED to buy more. So technically it's been 12 hours! YAY! I have been awake since 5am and only feel like having one now that my husband is up and smoking. But instead of lighting up I jumped on here and read all the kind messages sent by the lovely folks and I am still staying resolute!!!!!

• Hope you are doing well, you have 1st. day behind you and that's great! The third & 4th. days were the worst for me the first week, I've been 18 days now and some days are still harder than others. I have been looking up some new knitting patterns with stitches that I will have to learn to do, that is helping keep my mind occupied. Good luck, you are on your way to a life smoke free.

• Welcome to Quit support Caherine, and a big CONGRATULATIONS on your decision to quit smoking :)

It does sound like you have prepared well :) :) Make sure you read all the info on quitting as we all go through different withdrawal/detox processes. Some quit easily than others. the main thing is. you quit the way that is best for you :) :)

You will find a great bunch of people on here who are at differing stages of their own quit journey and are all more that willing to support you in any way that they can.

I can honestly say that i do not believe for one moment that I would have been so successful in my first attempt if it had not been for the wonderful support on this site. It is here to help you along your journey

you will encounter bumps along the way, but they do not last long and are all just part of cleansing process. Just ride them out and each time you do, you get stronger for the next one :) :)

All the very best on your smokefree journey

m.c.lnkd.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/...

• Thank you ALL so very much! I did not expect to find such a supportive community and I am very grateful.

• Morning Catherine :) Go easy, stay strong. We're all with you. Beat that nic. You can do it!

Have a great smoke free day, and let's be hearing from you :)

• Thanks so much - I am so used to being peaceful and loving - it's a little difficult to hate/beat the smokes - but I am now in "warrior" mode - fighting for my health lol and with all the lovely people like you backing me up - I feel confident I can win the battle

• :D :D

Time to kick ass!!!

• Good evening Catherine :)

Hows your first day gone then :o good I hope :)

Seeing as your in Warrior mode at the moment, just wandering if you would like to borough my spear, just incase you know who comes a calling :o I have cleaned and shined it up ready for you if you want it, look !! -------------->

Just one warning about it, when I post it to you with superduperwhizzzz first class post ;) you may have to watch out when you bend over :o cos I sent it to a lovely young Lady called Sue52 one evening and, well, erm, she was not a happy bunny :| she couldnt sit down for 2 days :o :D :D But it helped her in the end, cos she's over 2 Years quit now :) :)

We are always here to help you Catherine if you need it :) ask us any questions you want :)

Stay focused on your quit gal, cos you've got through your first day :) :) and I'm sooo happy for you and you feel proud of yourself too :) :)

Stay with us Catherine and we will all help you get through your quit :) :)

• Hi catherine63. And welcome to the quit support group. And well done for saying you are giving up the fags. Best thing you can do for you self. :D xx

You may also like...