Quit Support

Day 3

The devil on my shoulder is an ass! I'm gonna wring his bloody neck.

I now realize I am not impervious to illness - not immune from the effects of smoke, and it has hit me, hit me hard. I have been soooo stupid for far too long but the time has come. 3 days without nic and it is difficult but I know it's early days. I'm trying to keep busy - washing up, tidying up, dog walking in Central Park, eating, and going to bed early, but my wife and children are extremely supportive as are the folks on this forum.

I will be posting regularly ( very therapeutic) and appreciate the support you have all given.

14 Replies

Hi Drumkat,

For the first few days, you are mostly re-framing your habits to avoid reaching for a ciggie. You should be finding that easier now, are you?

The next challenge is what we call "cravings" that sneak up on you unawares and make you think you want a puff. Each one doesn't usually last long and then it passes but they are a pain! You need a plan to get over them - a glass of water, breathing exercises, something to eat - even chewing a cocktail stick - can all work. Find something that works for you - and, if you are tempted, post on here and people will come up with all sorts of interesting ideas!

Keep the faith and remember NOPE - Not One Puff Ever!

Great post - thanks.

I am trying to keep busy when that craving appears and that helps take my mind off the desire to smoke.

I know it will get easier and am looking forward to that time when those triggers that make me wanna smoke have gone.

I will post regularly as it is helpful to write my concerns and the support I have received so far has been immense. Thank you all. X

Well done Drumkat, you're doing brilliant keeping busy and great to hear you getting lots of support from family :)

Yes it is very therapeutic posting here, it keeps us all on track to be able to share here :)

Dog walking in Central Park sounds good to me, so enjoy :)

Stay positive, stay focused and you can do it :) x

I have a Border Collie who can't believe her luck! I was in the park last night for nearly two hours despite the heat!

Thank you for your support

Drumkat.... where in the world are you?????

An Englishman in NYC

Yeah sorry about that, having a ginger moment.... just seen the central park bit.... DOH..!!!

Hi drumkat, welcome to our lovely site. If you need any help just shout, thats what we are here for.

1 like

WHOOOHOO its our newest administrator...... come on down Jilligirl, Monkyyy needs ya :) you make sure you keep him on the straight and narrow, you here??? Well done on your new title :D :D

Thx JillyGirl.

You are doing really well. Day 3 was my worst day and from there on end it just get easier :) :)

Ohh - I remember central park was in that part of the world July/Aug last year :) :) Greatest memory of Central park was the memorial for John Lennon with "Imagine" inscribed in it. So surreal ( Big beatles fan) :) :)

Hang in there drumkat, it WILL get easier

Hi Drumkat You are doing really well. You can do this, I found drinking lots of water helped me and everyone on this Quit site are so supportive . Keep up the good work x

Hi Drumkat, If the going gets tough just think of all the lovely people on quit support, going through the very same thing, that's what I do, it really works.

Take Care, :-)

Hey Drumkat :-) How are feeling today?

Try to look at getting cravings as a positive sign that your body is just recognising that you are no longer feeding it all those 4,000 plus toxins :-) The more cravings that you overcome, the stronger you will become. I always recommend that when you hear them knocking, don't ignore them - open the front door, let them in and show them very swiftly to the back door ;-)

Remember that you can do this :-)

You may also like...