Fire warning issued over electronic cigarettes
The potential fire hazards of electronic cigarettes have been flagged-up by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.
According to the fire service, there are two main causes of electronic cigarette fire – using incorrect chargers and over-tightening of connections to the rechargeable battery.
There have been a number of fires nationally caused by E-cigarettes – including in Batley where one exploded after being charged in a laptop, as per the instructions, and carpet was burned and scorch marks left on the settee and wall.
The original article can be viewed here: