PSP Association
5,558 members7,579 posts

Meet up?

I’ve suggested a meet up and Jean (Doglington) is happy to come along

So who else would like to meet up in London in March?

I’ll try and find a decent pub close to Victoria or London Bridge, anyone else up for it?

I’ll suggest a date now of Tuesday 6th March at say 12pm

Do I have any more takers?

Love Amanda x

71 Replies
oldestnewest

Please count me in Amanda. A brilliant idea. I was hoping to have met up with Jean during the last couple of weeks but I haven’t been well. It will be great if others can be there as well.

Hope to see you then.

Bev

XxxX

1 like

Fabulous Bev!!

Can’t wait to actually meet you!! X

Ps hope your feeling better now darling x

Can’t wait to meet you either. Better but still not 100%. Only me to think of now. 2016 and I would probably have carried on as normal as would have had to but now if I want to have a duvet day, I can. Water colour painting today and I’m not sneezing or coughing now so will make the effort as I seem to have been out of action for ages.

I hope more can join us in March.

XxxX

1 like

Well here’s wishing you a speedy recovery Bev! It’s looking good for a big crowd of us! Enjoy your painting x

Brilliant!!! But only in my dreams at present...Too far - but I will be looking for a post from the pub at that date.

Great idea Amanda :-)

3 likes

Aww thank you! It’s a difficult one because we are literally all over the world but I’m hoping we can get a few of us together, equally if it’s just 3 or 4 of us, that’ll be fabadooka! X

Can I come?

:)

3 likes

Lol, YES Siree!!!!!!!! X

2 likes

Oh brilliant!

XxxX

2 likes

I will check the work rota tomorrow and check back. I would love to be there...

Aww fabulous Ratcliffe!! Let us know if you can make it! X

Great!

1 like

A bridge too far for me! But if I get Skype set up, we might be able to see each other.

Will check my diary and see if I can arrange it. Know I have things booked that day, but should not interfere with UK hours!

It was also my husband's birthday!

Bugs

Jen xxx

2 likes

Bugs indeed!

HUGS TO ALL!

Jen xxx

1 like

Awe Jen, yes be lovely to at least Skype or do you have what’s app or FaceTime? X

No!! Looks like I have some researching to do! My Skype died when I didn't upgrade, so slowly getting to grips with newer tech! Must make sure I have right timing too, as will no doubt need to burn some 'midnight oil' - no problem! And will wear a silly hat so you recognise me!

Hugs

Jen xxx

2 likes

If I may suggest a pub close to Victoria railway station?

There is a Wetherspoons pub, which at lunchtime shouldn't be rowdy, does meals, and plenty of types of drinks, at sensible to us non London types prices 😀

I think it's called The Willow Walk.

There is another one upstairs in the newer area of the station itself but I would imagine it would be a lot noisier.

2 likes

Well done Ratcliffe!! I’m googling away trying to find a QUIET pub within walking distance of either station and have seen that, yes let’s aim for the Willow Walk at Victoria! We should all wear the same colour too or something stupid for a laugh and then we will be recognisable to each other too!!

1 like

Yes, lovely idea. Count me in too. I've been ill for weeks but surely must be better by then! Sorry to hear you've been unwell too Bev. 😰

Vicki x

2 likes

Hope you start to feel better soon Vicki and can’t wait to meet you!! X

Oh Vicki, it will be great to see you again. I hope you soon feel better. This flu thing has really hit me hard but I am feeling more human today thank goodness. I hope you’ll soon be fighting fit.

Lots of love

XxxX

1 like

Yes it will be great to meet up. I have had two separate goes at flu this winter which sort of morphed into each other - presumably two different viruses. Beginning to feel a bit better now though. Hope you'll soon be back to your best.

V x

2 likes

Count me in! May be a bit late as I am coming from Bristol.

Lots of love

Anne

3 likes

Aww darling I’ll save a seat for you!! Wow! Bless you Anne for making the journey, your so wonderful x

Even going to cancel a hair appointment! Wouldn't miss this for the world.

1 like

Bless you Anne! Like your style, never one to miss a glass of 🍷! 😁 x

Finally meeting Anne. Yeh!

XxxX

2 likes

Great to finally meet up !!!

xx

2 likes

Would love to join but will have to confirm nearer the time as I don’t know what’s the care plan and schedules for T yet.

He’s still in hospital.

Hope you feel better Bev and Vicky.

PS

Btw the Kent Group is meeting on the 14th, I’ll see if I can get away from the hospital to attend

2 likes

Bless you, don’t worry, we will try to make this a twice yearly arrangement and then different people can get together at different times. X

Just found this as been too busy to read lately! I'd love to come but not sure about sorting out care for a whole day. We'll ee. I'd love to meet some of you.

What a great idea. We feel we know each other fairly well from the forum. Now to match up virtual friends to reality.

Rosemary

3 likes

I totally understand Rosemary, maybe next time or the time after! Agree it’s a very exciting time and something positive to do too x

Very jealous that I won't be there as too difficult to get cover and don't like to be too far away from Ben in his present state of health. The Skype idea would be great if it is possible. Please raise a glass for us here in Crowborough, my heart will be with you all on the day.

Love Kate xxx

2 likes

Hi Kate,

I’ll give you a ring next week and hope to pop over and see you finally. Today is the best I’ve felt for ages and I wouldn’t call if I still had something nasty. Hope to see you very soon.

XxxX

2 likes

Glad to hear you’re feeling better Bev!😘

Looks like T will be in the hospital till end of next week yet, so lmk when you feel up to a cuppa at the garden centre😘

I’ve been out today and feel fine. How about Monday? Do you fancy lunch at the garden centre? I’ve got my bogof voucher. I’ll quite understand if you don’t want to be so long but it may save you cooking later.

Let me know what time you want to meet. Anytime is fine for me.

XxxX

Glad to hear you’re out and about Bev. How about 2 or 3pm? Any good for you?

Anytime will be fine for me. If I get there at 2.30 and wait if you aren’t there. I usually wait near the butchers. Text me if you want a different time when Monday comes, things can change can’t they. I’ll message you my mobile.

Looking forward to seeing you.

XxxX

Seems an age since we had a cuppa Bev, still haven't heard about your travels properly. Glad you're feeling a bit brighter, these winter flu things really take hold don't they! Xxxxx

Are you in on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday next week Kate? I met a friend today who I haven’t seen since last year and she only lives a 10 minute walk away. Maybe I needed a reminder of what it was like not to be able to get out when I wanted.

Let me know when and I’ll pop over........if it doesn’t snow ⛄️

Looking forward to catching up.

XxxX

Tuesday I'm in all day Bev, also OK Thursday this week as my friends who normally come aren't around. Totally up to you lovely. xxx

Tuesday, then Kate. What time is best for you and Ben? Will be great to see you both.

Lots of love

XxxX

Hi Kate, totally understand and I know Crowborough very well! X

Hi Amanda, how come you know Crowborough? By the way a great idea to meet up and put faces to names, wish I could be with you all. Xxx

1 like

Really great idea! Not able to get there I'm afraid but will be thinking of you

2 likes

No problem Linda, we will raise a glass to you x

Yes going to try and make it would love to meet up with you all xxxxx

2 likes

Oh my god Yvonne, that’s amazing! Just been thinking about you, would absolutely love to meet you! X

Amazing Yvonne - would so love to meet you!

V x

1 like

Hope you can make it !!!

xx

1 like

I've just called Willow Walk.

They don't reserve tables, but its fairly quiet at 12.00 - it get's busy at 1300 on a Wednesday.

However the manager said that if one of us arrived a little before 12.00 they would push some tables together in a quiet corner and mark them off for us.

I would be happy to get there a little earlier.

2 likes

Bless you K! I have actually just found another place Brass Monkey, it’s a pub 2 minutes walk from Victoria station, reasonable, wouldn’t be too busy and better reviews than willow walk, I’ve left a message, awaiting call back. What do you think? I’m happy to do either and also happy to arrive earlier to organise things x

Ps perhaps we should just stick with willow walk.....I don’t want to start a lengthy discussion on where we go (no offence meant) otherwise it can all become confusing so rather than me rattle on let’s stick with willow walk and we can get there earlier, probably need 10 to 15 seats x

1 like

Well the Brass Monkey reviews very well indeed.

I have no strong preferences.

:)

1 like

Ha ha well Kevin I’m gonna let you decide because you are better than me at deciding and at researching lol!! 😆 x

You must be kidding - It took me ages to find it on Trip Advisor even with you giving us the name!

See what they say when they call you.

(Ducking)

1 like

Ha ha ok honey x

1 like

What a wonderful idea, I wish I could be there, but I live in France,near Paris, and it so happens that we are in London the weekend of 10-11Marchu, because our son is getting married! But as it is a double wedding,we will be In Texas , the weekend before andflying back on the 6 th to Paris, before taking off by car to London again on the 9th....

It is quite a programme, but that is what happens if your son meets a beautiful Texan girl!

So if someone has an iPhone or iPad, I would love to see you all, and if ever there is going’s to be a next time,I will certainly do my utmost to be there, I think it’s a wonderful initiative,

Bravo! And have a wonderful lunch and chat together.

Anne Baer

2 likes

Aww bless you Anne

We will definitely try and now arrange more regular meet ups so hopefully you can make the next one? Your schedule sounds busy but wonderful too! And yes I have an iPhone so we can skype or FaceTime on the day x

Would love to come but doubt I will make it this time - but I`ll be there in spirit !!

xx

2 likes

We will raise a glass to you to NanBabs x

I would love to come and meet you all , keep the information comeing, you never know I might make too. Long journey from south wales. Any way have a nice time , take photos .love Brenda xxx

1 like

Very very long journey Brenda! X

What a good idea.I'll try to make it but depends on carer cover. PSPA do some little flags we could wave if we're not recognised.

Bryan

1 like

Be fabulous if you can make it Bryan! X

Aaaah, I'm so happy so many of you are meeting up. And absolutely green with envy that I can't be part of it. Have an awesome day. Please see if someone can set up a Skype conference call on the day? Would be amazing to virtually pop in and see you all!

1 like

We will try and sort something, soooo much to think about yet soooo exciting x

Some day when I come to the UK, I hope to meet up with you and others. Until then,

Cuttercat

1 like

We will raise a glass to you Cuttercat x

Second mortgage taken out. Booked train tickets. I will arrive after 12.00, as I don't get into Paddington until 11.37. Couldn't be bothered to mess around with Off Peak and worry about getting a certain train, so I can leave at any time. Now I really am excited, going to meet you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lots of love

Anne

1 like

Bless you Anne, I’m really sorry if it cost you a fortune, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it!! X

Worth every penny to put faces to names.

1 like

You may also like...