Mums gone

My mum sadly passed away after around 5 years with psp. She was getting a lot worse in the end and struggling to communicate and to eat.

She died of a heart attack which I haven't really heard of being one of the causes of death for this terrible illness?

But then knowing some of the ways people can go I think she went in one of the more peaceful.

We've set up a tribute fund for her and so hoping to raise some money for PSP and also some awareness. What a horrid illness and 66 is certainly no age to go either

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My condolences to you and your family. I am glad for your mother that her suffering is over from this terrible decease. God bless you for the support you have been to her.

• So sorry to hear you mum has passed away, she was too young to go, but she is in a much better place away from this horrible illness, think of you and all your family at this sad time. Big hug. Yvonne xxxx

• My condolences to you all. She was certainly young to go. It is good that you will remember her by raising money for others.

Love, Jean x

• So sorry to hear that your Mum has died, may she rest in peace, finally free from this evil disease.

Sending very large hug and much love

Lots of love

Heady

• Condolences to you and your family .

Sophie xx

• So sorry that yet another family has lost a loved one to PSP. Atleast she is now free from PSP. You are so right the disease is so awful as it progresses. give yourself time to grieve. Xx

• Miss W so sorry to hear your Mum has passed on. However she went as you say in a way which was not as horrible as it might have been. I hope that happens to my husband. In fact I am sure we all hope that.

God bless you and your family.

Matie_14

• Sending you massive love.

I have at times wished for my Mum to leave this earth with a big heart attack so she doesn't suffer anymore. May your Mum now be at peace and free of all her suffering.

Take it at your own pace now. Xx

• Sincere condolences to you and your family on the death of your mum. I hope your tribute fund gets great support and thank you for thinking of others.

Love, Nanny857 xx

• Many condolences as you say 66 is no age (my wife has just reached this milestone). At least she is now in peace and though you are grieving at present it also allows you to progress with your own and your family's life.

Virtual hugs and support at this time and best wishes for the future clear of PSP. Tim

• Thanks all

• This disease is so horrible that all we can pray for is a gentle death. I am so sorry for the loss of your mom but know she is being hugged in Heaven and smiling again. Kylie 4951

• I am so sorry to hear of your mums passing. She is now pain free and at peace. Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time. Xxx