Finally!! Mum enjoyed respite!!

Had to share this with you all!

Today there was a lot of umming and arrring as mum didn't really want to leave dad whilst the carer came in for 4 hours respite

Eventually she spoke to dad and explained that we do now have respite twice a week for 4 hours and I'd like to pop out, mum cried and told dad she wished he could come too, dad cried too but said mum should go n he understood, progress in itself!!

So mum and I ventured out locally to the shops where mum bought some new clothes, with massive smiles on her face and saying she was enjoying herself I said lets do lunch so we did!

We came back, me with a much happier mummy 😀 with 2 hours to spare!

Next week we will aim for 3 hours and eventually up to 4 hours!

I feel very emotional knowing that mum is happier as am I, done us both the world of good!

So thank you, all of you for your sound advice, because finally mum is understanding the 'need' for time out and I loved it!!

💋

16 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done both of you. Soon you will be looking at your watch and thinking how fast the 4 hours is going and how you wish you didn't have to rush back. Where to next time?

X

• Glad you had a good time, as NannaB says, you will be surprised how fast 4 hours go, enjoy it, your dad will see you both refreshed and you will have more patients with him. Sending you both a big hug xxxxx

• Thx u Yvonne it's heartbreaking leaving dad but it's soooo necessary

X

• Lol NannaB

Is absolutely love to nip to Brighton, 50 minutes from us, sir by the sea, eat fish n chips, oh the imagination runs wild lol

But for next week, maybe clothes shopping again a lil further a field followed by lunch, I gotta do this slowly but I feel soooo emotional now in a good way!

Just wish dad could come too, but I have to accept he can't and equally mum n I must have some very precious time!

Think it's called getting a life back.... X

• It takes me 75 minutes to Brighton. Our son lives there. I want to go up the new viewing tower one day but think I'll let them test it out for a bit longer first.

Clothes shopping sounds good.

X

• You are right. You need practice at being with your mum without all the focus being on dad.

love, Jean x

• Agree jean thank you

• Oh happy day....Good for the two of you!!!! JOY JOY JOY.....and I like how you were ok with just two hours.....you established a happy fun day and did not force the idea.....good job! Ijust read NannB's post and so agree pretty soon you'll wonder where the day went ...

AVB

• Exactly AVB! X

• Ive just had my all day today and that went quick lol xx

• Bless you, how lovely x

• agree

loljill

xxxx

• GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗 It's amazing how such a little time can do so much, isn't it? Also, it took me such a long time to admit I needed the time away. I felt quilty leaving my sis and my dad with someone that they really didn't know. But, they were happier and I was happier afterwards. It was a win-win for all.⛤⛥⛦⛧ As I have been told, don't wait so long for the next one.

• Agreed

Here's to next Monday x

• Well done! I'm sure you both enjoyed some normal time together, it'll do you both the world of good!

Love and hugs....Pat xx

• Thx you pat, it does is wonders! X

You may also like...