Pull ups police!!

Omg

Sorry had to post, it's about 10.30pm and district nurses just called!

Dad asleep but said yes, thx u for calling, ill wake him up and you can change him (if you don't mind) sour faces from them and then one of them said "your NOT allowed to use more than 4 pads a day'!! Pardon? My response, we'll pay if we need more!

Why am I explaining ? Are they in charge of pads?!

God I'm sooooooooo gonna put a complaint in tomorrow

Only hope they don't get treated with the same disrespect in their later years?!!!!!

X

44 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I hope they do! xx

• Lol

Me too really!! X

• Four pads a day? Cripes, that would be hilarious if it weren't so awful. Where do these people cone from?!?

• Outta space I reckon! X

• I am afraid that is the maximum permitted. Because i needed 2 at night for Brian so got he reassed and i did get my 2 night time pads but they were smaller then he had been having (reason being is he needed 2) and they then cut the day pads down to 2 from 3 because of the maximum daily allowance is 4 pads.

I now buy some big heavy duty pads and most nights he will go round till 4/5 am. And then i put a supplied night pad on him. And i use his other supplied night pad on him for his afternoon nap (wets more when laying down).

Am now seriously thinking about getting him a catherter especially now that he has got pressure sores.

Janexx

• Jane, have you tried convenes? They save a lot of trouble and you might get a full nights sleep. X

• Convenes no good because he retracts. There one minute gone the next. Janexx

• Ooh poor poor Brian!

Do the pad cause bed sores Jane?? Dad has an air mattress but is incontience both ways!

X

• Its the urine it can burn the skin. Pluse if the skin is moist all the time it can break down. Janexx

• Bloody hell I didn't know that!!

As usual have to learn from you wonderful gorgeous people

Thx u!! X

• Sorry to come in here, but my Dr prescribed Proshield, which is a miracle worker, if my husband has a pressure sore or a sore caused by wet pad and skin breaks, a thin layer of this stops the wet getting to the skin, and it usually heals itself within 24hrs

Jd

• I agree Jane, when M was at home before she was catheritised we were going through 8 to 10 pads a day. The DN told me the NHS limit was 4 a day so we arranged that NHS would supply day pads while I got night ones as they were not happy with NHS supply of those. It worked well until she was catheterised which reduced the requirement to the NHS limit and found we had to double pad the NHS night pads. Nursing home have a different policy but M seems OK.

I would encourage investigation of catheters to reduce the sores but as a guy i have no experience with them, certainly helped M, but different anatomy. I would suggest you read the stories from Heady, NannaB etc who have experience with them and convenes before letting them do the procedure.

Best wishes Tim

• Sounds like a case of "doing a job" versus having a "vocation" Where is the kindness, care and simple good manners in dealing with some one less fortunate then ourselves?

These callous individuals give a bad name to nursing.

I have seen first hand these problems and the pain caused to lovely people who deserve better.

Before going down the road of using Catheters suggest a very good read "Addressing Common Indwelling Catheter Problems" as it refers to Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) See the web page link : clinidirect.co.uk/knowledge...

It may help to prevent problems further down the road.

I do hope you and others get the extra pads that are needed.

• Thx u Tim

We have been investigating but dad is still thinking x

• Sounds like a case of "doing a job" versus having a "vocation" Where is the kindness, care and simple good manners in dealing with some one less fortunate then ourselves?

I have seen first hand these problems and the pain caused to lovely people who deserve better.

Before going down the road of using Catheters suggest a very good read "Addressing Common Indwelling Catheter Problems" as it refers to Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection (CAUTI) See the web page link : clinidirect.co.uk/knowledge...

• hi

catheter in last week due to deterioration best thing ever, dry getting more rest and happy to drink more !

love

julie

• Makes you mad doesn't it but as Jane said, they only supply 4 a day. Because I had to wait months after initially requesting them when C had colitis, I bought from the Internet and they are much better as they are shaped and didn't leak. He has a convene now but I still put a pad on for bowel movements if we go out, just in case.

I think the DN's comments were insensitive. She could have said, I'm sorry but the NHS only provide 4 a day. I was also told that they wouldn't provide any if you needed less than 4 a day. So remember folks, you mustn't do more or less wees in 24 hours, 4 times exactly please.

X

• It's just wrong NannaB x

• I know. So many things are wrong that we don't know about until it effects us.

I hope you have as good a day as possible.

X

• Thx u darling

You too x

• It does seem ridiculous. Sorry you have had aggravation piled onto stress.

• Don't think these people realise the stress, idiots x

• I have also been told that my husband is not allowed more than 4 products in 24 hours! He will go through 3 to 4 in one night, let alone daytime pads!! I was told that I would have to pay for more myself. I buy, dry wipes, wet wipes, extra pads, disposable bed pads and washable bed pads amongst other things that I need each month.

Being double incontinent is no joke and keeping my husband comfortable day and night is a priority and the least I can do!

DenB x

• Agree DenB

We have the same problems and equally buy everything too!!

And quite right too, we HAVE to keep our loved ones as comfortable as possible X

• Well done you! Keep strong,( and keep punching!) X

• sorry bout the insensitive comnents satt

keep hanging on in there as i know you do

th e carer who came yesterday eve. thought i had broken my nose but I'm sure i haven't and wwlll livee 2 fight another dy

opticians the 2 tai chi iso will enjoy the a.a,m

lol jili

xxxxx

• Bless you Jill

Big big hugs x

• Oh, Jill! I'm glad your nose isn't broken, but you must have taken quite the hit for the carer to think it was! I hope it isn't too painful. I wish we had a good tai chi program here. My own teacher retired a little while ago and I miss it terribly! I am rotten about practicing on my own...I should work on that. Enjoy your tai chi a bit extra for me, please. Love, Ecb

• Wow thx u speed bird x

• Hi Satt, like the others have already said! I REALLY hope they do and I would love to train (oh sorry, forgot, I already am, according to them!!!!!) to be a DN, I would ONLY work for these poor hard done people and makes their lives as miserable as is humanly (sorry again, there is nothing human about them!!!) possible!!!!!!! Do you think it part of their training, to be as rude and unpleasant as possible?

Lots of love

Heady

• Sorry heady you made me lol

They really are total tossers and the minority's do give the good ones a bad name!! X

• Hey, that's not fair, are you seriously telling me you have found a good one??????

Lots of love

Heady

• Lol yes heady a couple of lovely ones but mostly horrid!!

X

• That is the case , we are only allowed four each day , explained that from the start .

Because I wasn't getting the best size for him I started to buy my own .

If I remember rightly I think they sent out a three months supply .i had boxes all over the house .

I also buy puppy pads .to place on the bed and armchair .

When you think about it there are so many people messing them it is so costly and I am more than happy to buy them myself after all we have so much on loan now . Bed hoists wheelie commodes , previously toilet raisers grab rails rails outside . Etc etc . I have been so very grateful for it all .

I know we have mostly all paid into national insurance during working life and I don't feel guilty , but I am grateful .

Are you all receiving the bags for bodily waste from your local council . We receive one bag each week ..

• Bodily waste bags?!! Nope never heard of them?!!

I'll investigate thank you X

• They yellow sacks to put the pads in. Just watch the dustmans face when he is confronted with them

• Lol

Sorry but that's very funny

Thx u X

• We just put our used pads in a bag then in the black sack we've had no problems.

• Lol

That's what we been doing along with the pooh!!

Wrong no doubt but what else you supposed to do with it?! X

• I was using the black bags and thn going into the normal bin when I thought about when my mother was in the nursing home I watch a huge council Lorry collect lots and lots and lots !!, of yellow bags and realised what would be in them .I rang the council and asked if there was a system for home card .

The answer was yes I had to let them know why I asked and they have sent the bags ape ver since .

They collect them fortnightly . I keep th yellow bag in a separate bin and don't put the bags out until Utd days . If first thing in the morning .

They do actually collect them quite early

• So sorry to hear that you`ve met another `jobsworth`. Until P`s illness I thought the medical profession was caring - some are but there are plenty that make you wonder why they are doing such a job.

No doubt if ever they need such care in later years they will have forgotten how they behaved !

xx

• Lol so true

Will serve them right though!!

X

• I can to be a bitch but I can only hope and pray that the medical staff that took care of my Aunt Bev get at least a good week of the same way they treated here. I dont wish it on anyone but for them at least a good weeks works of care just like she got at their hospital.

Lots of hugs Kryste

You may also like...