CBD but with an AD pathology

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about CBD but with a AD patholgy?My husbands symptoms are classic from what I read here but his PET scan did not show what the consultant expected so....now he is having a lumbar puncture to measure CSF Tau and A Beta for Alzheimer's disease pathology, does anyone know anything about this?It would be so helpful. Thank you all so much as this site helps alot in supporting me.

4 Replies

• Hi - I am sorry I give concrete info but reading your post led to me remembering 2 things:

1. In PSP, there is (maybe anecdotal) evidence that any surgery or serious infection or anesthesia can lead to a stage-down - it happened with my dad, at least once after his first lumbar-puncture - I am not sure if it will happen with your husband but your neuro may know better

2. There is something called NPH - it's extra-pressure in the brain due to excess fluids, doctors do a lumbar-puncture, take out fluid and see if there is improvement in the patient - if there is, they put a shunt in the skull which lets the fluid out regularly - and the patient is almost back to normal - I am assuming the neuro already confirmed it's not NPH?

• Hi Sammy

Agreeing, but adding the I saw somewhere in the PSP association material that full anaesthetics should be avoided unless essential because of their propensity to cause large step downs on the condition.

• thank you for this, Kevin - I was thinking of making a list of symptoms or things-to-expect for PSP or CBD patients - it could help dementia patients in general too

• Sounds good :)

Just adding. It appears that there is a cross over PSP/CBD for some patients. The conditions need not be that discreett for some.

You may also like...