AUSTIN PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP ... - Prostate Cancer A...

Prostate Cancer And Gay Men
858 members750 posts

AUSTIN PROSTATE CANCER SUPPORT GROUP for Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Individuals

ATXGuy
ATXGuy

Our regular monthly meeting will be held from 7 to 8 pm on Tuesday. Sept. 17 (3rd Tuesday of the month) at the AIDS Services of Austin "Q" Lounge at 1023 Springdale Rd. Bldg.14, Austin, TX 78721. This will be a group forum meeting.

For more information, contact ATXGuy.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

I am trying to set up a gay prostate cancer support group, here in Denver, Colorado. However, have no idea what I should be doing. Is there some kind of outline as to how your meetings are run or any advice you may give me?

Tedd

Darryl
DarrylAdministrator
in reply to Teddski

You and I will be speaking, soon.

NashTim
NashTim
in reply to Teddski

I tried to find a support group here in Nashville and there was not one, so with Darryl's help we started one, we meet the first Thursday of the month, we have been meting for about 5 months now and our last meeting we had 6 guys....you can do it,

Teddski
Teddski
in reply to NashTim

NashTim,

Thanks for your support, I have been trying to get a gay prostate cancer group off the ground here in Denver since spring and really want to make it happen.

ATXGuy
ATXGuy
in reply to Teddski

Sure, Tedd. I can send you the meeting preamble and closing remarks that contain the protocols for our meeting. Can you send me your mailing address?

Teddski
Teddski
in reply to ATXGuy

ATX Guy,

If you could send your groups' meeting preamble and closing remarks that contain the protocols it would be much appreciated. I have been trying to get it started since spring and have contacted the Denver G&L Center where I was told I could host meetings.

My e-mail is: Teddski@aol.com

Tedd

ATXGuy
ATXGuy
in reply to Teddski

Sent today :)

Teddski
Teddski
in reply to ATXGuy

Thank-you!’

I tried to find a support group here in Nashville but there was none, so we started our own......how long have you guys been meeting ?

ATXGuy
ATXGuy
in reply to NashTim

We've only met once. (August was canceled because everyone was on vacation.) Our second meeting is next Tuesday.

NashTim
NashTim
in reply to ATXGuy

that’s great, we just had our 5th one, 6 guys came.......woohoo

BTW, here is a link to our private Facebook group:

facebook.com/groups/4310952...

Teddski
Teddski
in reply to ATXGuy

The link takes me to a Facebook page: Prostate Cancer Support Group for Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Individuals. How can I see the Austin private Facebook group so I may set one up for Denver. I will start hosting meeting in November?

Next regular meeting of Austin PCSG (Prostate Cancer Support Group) for Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Individuals will be on 10/15 from 7-8 pm at the headquarters of AIDS Services of Austin, 7215 Cameron Rd., Room #110. For more information, please contact ATXGuy on this site.

You may also like...