PC Research Institute Conference in Los Angeles

I've been participating in a local PC support group here in the San Francisco East Bay and yesterday learned of an annual conference of the Prostate Cancer Research Institute being held in Los Angeles September 9-11, 2016. Several of the guys had been to one of these before and said they were very informative with some of the best doctors/researchers making presentations and participating in forums.

I'm considering attending this and curious if any others on this forum have been or are also planning to attend. If any have been, what was your experience?

Registration for the weekend is only $60 for early registration, but that jumps to $120 after July 30th (tomorrow!). If anyone wants to check into this further, the link to the conference info is pcri.org/2016-conference/ .

I had my RP in Mid-May and had good pathology report that the two small tumors were deep inside (Gleason 3+4). Surgical margins, lymph nodes and seminal vesicles were all negative so all indications are that my PC was fully contained. Even though I don't appear to be at significant risk for recurrence, I'm very interested in learning more about this stuff and hopefully, be able to help others.

So, anybody else on here also going? It would be good to meet and chat!

5 Replies

• I will be leading two support groups there, including one just for gay men. Hope to see you there. Malecare also will have an advanced Pca group at pcri conference

• Hi Darryl, thanks for getting back and I'm now registered. I'll fly in Friday afternoon and back out Sunday afternoon. I'm sure we'll connect up and look forward to meeting you.

What and when are the support groups you'll be leading? The agenda I have doesn't get into any detail on what those (support groups) are or when they might occur. Obviously, some topics I'm more interested in than others.

Finally, a wardrobe question: What is the dress code for the "Gala Banquet" on Saturday evening? I'm assuming the general attire for the event is business casual or something like that.

Thanks again!

• I have been going to this conference for many years and find it vary valuable. There also is a Gay Men's support group lead by Darryl who is the administrator for this online blog. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it to the conference this year as my husband and I will be on vacation in Europe.

• Thanks for your note and I'm now registered to go...and looking forward to it. I'm sure I'll meet Darryl while there as well.

Are you also in the SF Bay Area? I'm out in Concord.

I hope you both have a great trip to Europe!

• We live in Dallas, TX. However I lived in San Francisco for almost 20 years before moving to Dallas in 1998. I lived in Noe Valley. I just returned from a short visit to SF to see friends. The fog felt so good!!

You will enjoy the conference.

You may also like...