My Pathology Report of My Prostate Bi... - Prostate Cancer N...

Prostate Cancer Network

2,674 members1,413 posts

My Pathology Report of My Prostate Biopsy

BobJensen
BobJensen

August 2015---Bob Jensen, age 61

PSA---0.7---Gleason score for Section B---3+4=7, 40%

Section C---Gleason score---3+4=7, 20%

The cancer is all on the left side of my prostate.

The nodule found by my urologist is on the right side.

15 Replies
oldestnewest

I am now cancer-free. I get a PSA test every 6 months.

PSA---0.7---Low score, but cancer was present. The nodule was not there in the 6 months prior.

Well, I have to give your doc a thumbs up for finding this with such a low PSA and so small an area of tumor. They just uploaded my biopsy results, and I wish they had prepared a map to make things easier to visualize. Tomorrow I talk to my surgeon and talk strategy.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to dentaltwin

I am forever grateful to him. The nodule was very small. Good luck. Surgery was my best option. I have no regrets. It has been 3 years.

BobJensen

Please share your results.

dentaltwin
dentaltwin in reply to BobJensen

I will. And yet, my biopsy on paper looks considerably more ominous than yours (though pretty typical here as I look around). The first urologist spent about a millisecond with his finger up there and pronounced "Nice small prostate, 20 gms, no lumps, no bumps".

We'll see what the Doc has to say tomorrow.

BobJensen

OK. Good luck. Please keep us posted.

dentaltwin
dentaltwin in reply to BobJensen

I have an endoscopic RP scheduled for Sept 11(!)

BobJensen

I hope it goes well. Please keep us posted.

Wow, thanks Bob. This diagram is really helpful. I hope I get one from my doc as well. I got a report but didn’t get this.

Thanks. Good luck.

I would never have suspected cancer with a 0.7 PSA. Very glad your surgery went well. Mine cut the nerves causing impotence. Keep well.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to ajkkim

Thanks. He was able to spare my nerves. I am thankful. Is there anything they can do for you?

ajkkim
ajkkim in reply to BobJensen

No, there was nothing they could do to restore my ability to get erections. Naturally this had a huge effect on our sex life. I feel fortunate that I was able to create minimal orgasms for years by using a vibrator. They were reasonably strong at the beginning but after all these years, they are weak and extremely hard to produce.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to ajkkim

I am sorry.

You may also like...