Depo-provera changed my life. PMDD sy... - Premenstrual Madness

Premenstrual Madness
1,172 members632 posts

Depo-provera changed my life. PMDD symptoms are gone

Luckiebird
Luckiebird
4 Replies

I have been on Depo-provera for about 6 months now and my PMDD is completely under control. It is a shot every three months. It feels like someone punched you in the injection spot (I prefer the leg) but it is obviously so worth it. I don't get suicidal anymore. Now I just have mild cramps and sometimes get weepy. I tried to other birth controls but they had estrogen in them that triggered severe depression for me. Just make sure you take calcium while on depo-provera so that your bones stay nice and strong. My life is so much better now. I still have mental health problems but my life doesn't fall apart every month. I think I will be able to live independently some time in the next year. Praise God.

4 Replies
oldestnewest
red85
red85Administrator

Oh my goodness! Congratulations, Luckiebird! It makes me so happy to hear a woman is living a full and satisfying life. ❤ Enjoy every moment.

Best,

Red

1 like
Strongheartforever

What a triumphant story! You balanced your hormones somehow. You may have been estrogen-dominant which is so common and causes deep depression and despair. Blessings! The key is to know it’s hormonal. And needs continuous tweaking. When you go off balance, try to get back and oppose that estrogen. Don’t let it take over. Detox your liver so estrogen metabolizes easily and doesn’t back up and recycle through your body. Get fiber and saunas and cut toxins and junk food. Just some ideas to maintain balance!! Congrats!!!!

1 like
Luckiebird

Thank you so much for your response! I never even considered detoxing my liver, I can’t wait to look in to that! I am so grateful for finally getting the balance right! It is also so encouraging to finally find other women with PMDD. I have never met anyone with PMDD face to face. I had been looking for a recommendation and support group and I found it!

1 like
Strongheartforever

I’m truly happy for you. To come back from the edge feels sooooo good. I hope others can be helped by your story. I considered that treatment too before I got BHRT. If it fails me, I’ll consider using depo. I think it keeps you from ovulating right? Will you please keep us posted about your progress?? I’d appreciate any feedback about your journey!!!

You may also like...