Premenstrual Madness

Chasteberry/Agnis castus anyone?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time writing anything but am really hoping someone might share my experience and be able to give me some advice.

I’ve been a long time sufferer of anxiety and horrible endometriosis. I was lucky enough to get pregnant and have a beautiful daughter who’s 8 months.

I’ve noticed that my periods have become shorter since having her and my anxiety is shooting sky high the week or so before my period. I cry on and off all day and feel terrible, I have no sex drive which is killing my relationship and I just feel desperate for something to help. I feel guilty to my daughter because I feel this is affecting how I look after her and feel she’s missing out on life as I feel so bad I barely go out or I just cry to her.

Doctors have said to take antidepressants but I am scared to death of them and don’t really want to go down that route.

Sorry for the long post but has anyone used Agnus castus or anything that has helped ? X

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there Amber.

Having babies can certainly mess with our hormones.

I haven't taken chaste berry myself but I know quite a few women who have with great success. Others have tried bio identical progesterone cream too or wild yam which balances out oestrogen. High levels of oestrogen are usually behind endo and premenstrual tension which it sounds like you may have. It's very common. Please know that you're not alone and there are a lot of things you can take to help your anxiety, depression and stress.

Hope this helps

Lee

1 like

Hi Lee,

Yep they certainly do, I was told my hormones would level out after about 6 months but I’m still waiting. Ur right about the Endo having a big influence on my hormones, this adds to frustrated feeling because there’s little to nothing I can do about it. I’ll have a look into the progesterone cream, I’d not heard of it before.

Thank you for writing bk to me, it’s so nice to know there’s people out there that care enough to spare a few minutes trying to help, it’s does help with feeling alone. Xxxx

2 likes

Yes just started Chaste berry. Take it every day. It helps regulate mood. It saved my friend’s marriage. There’s so much good info you will find here. Hang in there! Research ppmd! Exercise, nutrition, talk therapy, hormone replacement and more are helpful with this. Get to an obgyn who knows about ppmd. There are also hormone balancing docs who will tell you what hormones you are missing after taking blood. It’s a 360 degree issue this thing. It forces you to face it and forces you to get healthy. There’s no hiding because it will just get worse. The best thing is knowing you’re not nuts and you’re not alone and there is help lots of help out there. I found purpose in pmdd too because I want to help other women who are suffering like me. I want to hug them all and give them all the advice I can that I know of. I’m a guinea pig now since I just figured this out and am trying many therapies and am determined to get through this!!! It’s terrible, it wants to destroy me. It’s got another thing coming!!!

2 likes

What time of day do you take it and are u taking the tablets or tincture. I’ve got myself some tincture. I’ve done a little bit of research on pmdd and thinking of going to see a nutritionist aswell. Nice to read ur positivity about pmdd xxx

1 like

I take one capsule in morning and one at night. It’s called Vitex plus. Chaste berry extract. Tinctures are great too but have only had flower essence tinctures under tongue from homeopathic doc for pmdd. She gave me lavender, rose and “bleeding heart” flower essences and I cried and cried cathartic sobs... cleansing but emotionally draining! Take potassium supplements too they help with fluid regulation in the body which may help with pmdd. Green tea has a calming effect with a bit of caffeine too. Take calcium-magnesium-zinc it helps tons with calming the mind and with pmdd. Inform and educate your partner about pmdd as a discovery that you’ve found. And now that you know what you’re battling, you can fight it with the right tools. Peer support and doctor support and therapy even (cbt and dbt) cognitive behavioral therapy teaches you to untwist the twisted negative thinking. Our minds trick us with ppmd. Dialectal behavioral therapy was recommended to me by a cbt therapist. He said it’s about “emotion regulation”. Pmdd makes me feel nuts. False emotions and extra sensitivity bounce off the walls. But now with my new meds, exercise and nutrition as well as better understanding and compassion from my partner are making things get better every day. The key is to harness your energy and direct it toward activities and goals that will put YOU in control of your life. Xoxo

Loving the supportive responses, ladies.

What brand and/or dosage of the chasteberry are you using, Strongheartforever?

Welcome to the community, Amber83. Glad to have you.❤

Red

1 like

Thank you Red, it is nice to get some support xxxx

1 like

Absolutely, Amber -- we are here for you. ❤

650 mgs (1 capsule) morning and another in the evening Vitex Plus

Just started this and feeling good so far

1 like

I'm glad you're feeling good :-)

You may also like...