Premenstrual Madness
929 members465 posts

My symptoms of PMS - Jekyll and Hyde

PMS for me can be explained in a few sentences - I feel cranky, in a rage, zero patience, suicidal thoughts, hopelessness, violent fantasies (mostly towards strangers who might look at me the wrong way!), my OCD tendencies rear their ugly head around that time, anxiety/panic attacks, feeling fear in the mornings, sad and lonely, insecure, often sleeping issues....need I go on? And then two weeks later I'm a different person, happy and bubbly! It's mad and I feel ruled by my hormones....I know they affect your other neurotransmitters like seratonin (as reproductive hormones 'steal' from other hormones and the building blocks for seratonin etc, especially when under stress the stress hormones 'steal' from other hormones so you are no longer balanced and don't have enough amino acids to produce the happy hormones), but seriously how can I go through the next ten years or so like this, on the monthly rollercoaster??

7 Replies
oldestnewest

I feel your pain, girl. I don't usually get angry but otherwise so spot on. Especially the suicidal thoughts, sadness, loneliness. It's a hard way to live. I hope we both get relief soon.

1 like

I don't have the anger, it's more anxiety, fear and feeling very alone and depressed. I have been taking a magnesium supplement, that tastes disgusting, but I definitely think that works. I also have been taking SAME-e which is natural and the two of them together made it so that I don't have any PMDD this month. I hope that works for you.

2 likes

THANK YOU, for this suggestion, KT1970. I think I will do a post or a poll soon asking members which supplements they've found most effective.

2 likes

Honestly, I think it's so important. I hadn't had PMDD in many months and I realized the last two months my PMDD did come back was when I was traveling and did not take either of these supplements. This is the link for the magnesium: amzn.to/2wgmVwM

1 like

I see it also says there's no laxative effect--that's great!

Thanks for the tip. Do you think your MG was low to begin with? Or that a surplus is helping? I had my MG checked the other day and it was perfect.

My therapist had recommended it to me. I think a bit more couldn't hurt. I think I have enough, but this just really pushed me over the edge to feeling better. Also, SAM-e!

1 like

You may also like...