Let the journey begin!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Nikkie. I'm 38, and I wish it was under better circumstances, but I am just thrilled that you are here! I have suffered remarkably from PMDD, or premenstrual dysphoric disorder*, and the shame and confusion that comes with it. Like pre-menstrual difficulties themselves aren't bad enough, right? Like, "I'll give you the tip off my left pinkie if you can take these cramps, depression, even self-hatred away." Believe me, I've been there. Worst. Feeling. Ever. (Side note: this forum is not exclusively for those diagnosed with PMDD, as premenstrual difficulties occur in all different shapes, and sizes...and moods and Ben and Jerry's flavors.)

HealthUnlocked's Premenstrual Madness was recommended to me by Gabrielle Lichterman, founder of the unique, incomparable Hormonology Hormone Horoscope blog and app**. I am thrilled to be helping Red85 (administrator) pioneer the Premenstrual Madness forum: to serve people who follow behind me on the path of coping with premenstrual difficulties; and to learn from those who have traveled ahead of me. This forum is POWERFUL because talking about--or "outing" as I call it--the effects pre-menstrual difficulties have on my life, especially the emotional ones, can take away their secrecy, therefore removing THEIR power. If you want to reclaim YOUR power and start experiencing freedom like this, jump on the forum with us and start sharing! Let your journey begin!

Your friend,

Nikkie RN-BSN

New Orleans, LA

*What is PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder)?

womensmentalhealth.org/wp-c...

**Hormonology Hormone Horoscope blog and app:

myhormonology.com

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Beautiful. Thank you. :-)

• Thank you so much!! I just found this site this morning and am thrilled to connect :)

I believe strongly in circles of women and though my own beautiful circles support me, it has become apparent that a group of women with personal experience of PMDD would be amazing.

I'm working to move past the anger, self-loathing, and shame and i get a little "better" all the time.

Lisa

• Hi Lisa,

It sounds like you're in a really good place! Welcome!