The UK is the golden boy and girl of ... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation

9,892 members โ€ข 10,406 posts

The UK is the golden boy and girl of the EU as 50 million does of the vaccine will have been given today. ๐ŸŒˆ

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator
โ€ข21 Replies

Good morning everyone,

Well what a landmark is this as today we in the UK will have administered 50+million doses of the vaccine today and the most vulnerable 15 million will have had their second jab so its onwards and upwards but with caution as its so important to stay on top of this insidious virus.

Here's a link to the BBC about the vaccine roll out in the UK, please see:

bbc.co.uk/news/health-55274833

I have my second jab on Wednesday so we are definitely getting there. So top marks to our wonderful health workers who are making this happen!

I took this photo Friday and it shows the forest bursting into life with its vibrant new foliage which I feel symbolises a new beginning so take care folks as we are getting there literally one day and one jab at a time.

It's been tough for all of this so hang on in there folks as we are getting there and thats a fact. And the more that we work together the quicker we will beat it.

Jerry ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜Š

21 Replies
โ€ข

Lovely photo, Jerry. I love the vibrant green at this time of year.

Great news about the vaccination programme, an amazing achievement in such a short time. Good luck with your second jab on Wednesday. My second is in three weeks' time so not long to wait.

Have a good holiday Monday ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Dovedale4

Hi and thank you Dovedale4 and me too as these trees are so vibrant and look amazing with the sun shining on their tops amongst the other trees.

Thatโ€™s great about your 2nd vaccine itโ€™s unbelievable what weโ€™ve achieved. At least we donโ€™t have to water the plants today....โ˜”๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

I get my 2nd one Wednesday too! See you there ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to hypercat54

Hey nice one and wouldnโ€™t that be funny! ๐Ÿ˜€

hypercat54 profile image
hypercat54 in reply to Jerry

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃโœ”

Hidden profile image
Hidden

Hi Jerry amazing news about vaccine and lovely photo I see vibrant green on park trees too,think be about month before my 2nd jab,have you been ok with 2nd,I start meditation cd tonight I'll do after tea woke in major panic about house sinario stuff and we noticed the roof is asbestosis and covered in ivy mam said can't disturb it here's the green tree I see through window all of a sudden everything appears green have a nice day seeing green ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒณthe other trees have buds on some take longer can't see on photo ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Hidden

Hi Mandy, do you mean a shed or garage roof because lots are made with corrugated asbestos sheets and I had my asbestos roof removed from the garage at my last home and that covered in ivy and they just cut it off and removed the sheets without breaking them. It just has to be done under H&S guidance and everyone is happy.

The bees loved the creeper on my garage roof and in the late summer by the garage visitors would say whatโ€™s that as they could hear all the bees buzzing around the roof and Iโ€™d say look up and it was like wow what a lot of bees. ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to Jerry

Lol mam's still got wasbs in her loft the odd one keeps appearing her nebours had them too when I moved in here was a bees nest no need in my loft, I used to have a bird kept coming for best materiel think I told you but I blocked the gap I used to have to keep going up and letting it out ๐Ÿ™€๐Ÿ˜Šyes it's the garage roof I just hope the house has nice feel to it I've got a weird feeling it won't feel right, and remind me of mine lol I'm.just off to mams for mushroom omelette and hope to see tiny baby squirells she saw she said we can discuss everything I'm worrying about, as I type just seen big one run on my fence gone on feeder ๐Ÿ˜Štried to take photo

Yes๐Ÿ˜ŠBig thanks to the amazing scientists and NHS staff who have driven this forward๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to Alb2

Hey definitely 110% โ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒˆโ˜€๏ธ

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I had my second one last Monday. And I got a sticker๐ŸคฃYes we have reason to be optimistic. But still cautious. Yes our scientists and health workers are amazing.

Thank you for posting the beautiful , cheery photo. The new spring green is always so refreshing and welcome, but seems even more so this year ๐Ÿฐ

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to MadBunny

Hey nice one MadBunny I'm pleased that you had your second jab and got a sticker!

I'm so glad that everyone appreciates our health workers.

You have a great day now and I'm glad that you like the photo. ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ˜Š

MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I must confess I was pleased to get a sticker๐Ÿ˜I'm just a big kid at heart I guess ๐Ÿฐ

That's a great photo, thanks for sharing. Yes it is good news, I had my second just over two weeks ago. They have done a wonderful job I must say. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to springcross

Hey well done as I remember when we were speculating about a vaccine and here we are 50+ million jabs. So youโ€™re right theyโ€™ve literally saving lives and misery. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessAmbassador

I love the photo Jerry.

This country has done amazingly well with the vaccination programme and it makes me proud to be British.

Not much longer and all ages will have at least had their first vaccine.

I quote the Take That song, 'Have a Little Patience'.

youtube.com/watch?v=eMIqmSN...

Onwards and upwards to a bright future.

Take care Jerry.

Alicia

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia and we have done a top job so far, so as you say patience form a queue roll your sleeve up and get on with life. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day now, ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

crazyfitness profile image
crazyfitnessAmbassador in reply to Jerry

We really have and I'm so happy the way the scientists have worked along with the NHS, amazing.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒˆ

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator

Thank you loopy and it is good especially as so many of us have been immunised. ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ˜Š

But we left the EU โ˜น๏ธ!

Yes the Vaccines Minister and the NHS did an excellent job. Pity all the lockdowns were all too late...

Jerry profile image
JerryAdministrator in reply to MichaelJH

I meant it figuratively as weโ€™ve just left so it wasnโ€™t meant to be geographically incorrect. We did not know what hit us hindsight is always revealing at least weโ€™re getting on top of it now so letโ€™s be thankful for that. ๐Ÿ‘

You may also like...