CONQUERING THE BLUE'S DURING THE HOLI... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation

9,804 members9,932 posts

CONQUERING THE BLUE'S DURING THE HOLIDAY'S AND WINTER.

Luna_Child profile image

It would be really kind of everyone to share at least 1 way you are coping this holiday//Winter season.

You will definitely be helping someone else out and yourself as you may pick up a new idea.

Holidays are not always "happy" so I'm sending these sentments :

"Let's get through the holidays as best as we can and remember you come first".

83 Replies

Chasing the blue's away

Self Care

Music music music!

That's one of my favorites! I love to YouTube. 😊Yesterday had a little fun with my dogs singing Rudolph and I have a Rudolph plush that is animated and he dances and prances and their tails wagged like crazy. It was lots of fun! 🐾❤️🤗

Hi Luna I go walking in park and take photos I get as much day light as possible I recently got a s a d lamp but only used twice I just try and connect with friends and have a giggle I'm low on phone charge so have to keep this short how are you today xx

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

Hi Sweetie, I'm doing well. Today is my solitude/ peace day. My "ME" day. I have my hairdresser every Friday, other than that I schedule myself.

I am also nerved up because I had a lump removed Monday and am still waiting for Biopsy results. I'm on the edge of my seat. I don't handle these things well.

I hope you have a super fabulous day girl! ❤️👍🤗🌈⭐🌻😊🌟🧘💜🍕🐾

Balancing busy and peace/solitude times. I also never ever schedule a telehealth or any appt on Fridays. One exception. My Hairdresser I see on Fridays. It's my treat.

I find keeping 1 day free, same day every week for me, if you are able does wonders to the psyche.

🌈🌺👍🤗🧘⚓🐾❤️☃️

Thank you!!

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Musicever

You're very welcome!💜❤️🤗🌈👍⚓🙋🌞⭐🧘

Musicever profile image
Musicever in reply to Luna_Child

😊😊😊😊❤️🌈❤️🌈🌥️😊💕💕💕🌈😊⛄⛄❄️❄️🎄

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Musicever

Yes!

Musicever profile image
Musicever in reply to Luna_Child

😊😊👍💕💕🎶❤️❤️🌈🌈🌼

Wise words Luna! The holidays are always difficult for me and these suggestions are ways I can counter the depression I usually encounter at this time of year. It really helps to have this site. Everyone cares about everyone else.

Yes this site is amazing and turned my life around. We are here for you anytime you want or need to chat. 🙋🌞⭐🌈🤗❤️🌟☃️⚓🧘

Ideas

You're worth it👍❤️

Luna I just saw these. I have to switch to my laptop to see pictures. They are great! Thank you so much. I'm going to try and make copies to post on my bulletin board.

😎 cool. They are tough to see but I'm sure on a computer you can clear it up or make it bigger. I'm on a cell so it's tough.

It worked Luna. Came out very clear!

Coping Ideas written small but if you zoom in you can see them and they are so worth looking at. 👍💜

You're awesome ⭐

Take a walk through the woods. Guaranteed to give you a boost.

Nature is untouched beauty

Treat your feet. Both great for women and men. 👣

Relaxing

Actually I try very hard to count my blessings, a lovely warm home, plenty of food and family if I need them, I want to cry when I think of all the homeless people who will be sleeping out over Xmas and think how can I be sad when my life is so blessed, take Care everyone, keep safe

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

I feel bad for the homeless too. I'm gathering clothes etc..together for shelter's and give dog food and toys to the animal shelter in my city every year. I don't understand why someone doesn't help the homeless people access what resources they have. They are available.

I wish social workers would be assigned to the streets.

Distraction

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to thara9643

Yes for sure. Anything that helps the most come to mind?

Clear the clutter 😃

My husband is a heavyweight hoarder. He keeps everything !!!

I have spent years trying to convince him that if he hasn't used it in the last twenty years he really doesn't need it so getting rid of a few boxes of clutter is my aim for Christmas.

I doubt it will happen but I live in hope 😉

🎄☃️❄️⛄🏡🎅🤞

Ellie

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to ellj

Yes good kind idea. So many people need clothing to keep warm 👍🌈✌️

I agree with Don, makes me feel so good. Also for me exercise is the biggest boost and generally keep moving. Also talking to friends on the phone.

I also feel really good if I've done a good deed like helping someone, makes you feel wonderful.

An excellent post, thank you. 💜

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

Thank you crazyfitness. Let me add one important fact, that you folks are the post. You make it what it is, not me. I just throw out ideas. I graciously thank all of you for your wonderful ideas. Thanks crazyfitness. You're pretty awesome, just like everyone else here. I do like when lots of people participate because it helps give others ideas. ❤️💜🤗🌈👍😊🎨⚓👣🌷🌟

in reply to Luna_Child

Isn't it fantastic, we are all here for each other. There are brilliant ideas.

You put out a great post.

Positivity for all 💜💜

Great Post Luna, thank you 🙏 ❤️

Thank all of you for sharing your thoughts and ideas. 💜❤️

I have friends now which is huge

Secondly they know they are my gifts

Third I don't want any giftsexcept maybe to give a piece of chocolate or listen to their favorite music or movies or do something nice for them

Found a charity clinic with very different doctors that I might make a card for dkubt they will get mad

Know my friends never laugh at my art or sensitivity

Know my frirnds are the gifts

Dont spend money as I'm concerned about the economy dint go into debt itd just a day and thec26 is back so I ride it through

And ahain rather my friendsxdid somrtging forvthemmor their animaks

Big expectatiins lead to big crashes just one mamnopiniin

Home made is best even one cokkie

FearIsALiar profile image
FearIsALiar in reply to Brig57

Chocolate is a great gift 🎁

I agree FearIsALiar! 💜❤️

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Brig57

Nice thoughts Brig. I'm sure they'd enjoy a card from you. I agree homemade cookies are the best. 🍪💜🍪❤️

Journaling and going to therapy

Good ideas & thank you for sharing. 🌟👍🌈 I like to write letters to people and crumple them up to get my feelings out. That's my journal source. They are so many ways to journal. When I write it this way I feel like I'm talking to them.

Very helpful and thoughtful Post, Luna-Child. There is a program of semi-independent living apartments for individuals with developmental disabilities throughout the community where I live. Two women live on the second floor of my 4 apartment corner. I check to see how they're doing and if they need anything on a 3 to 4 time a week basis. To help celebrate Christmas, I've made special Christmas Stockings for them, stuffing them with things I know they love. Every Christmas Eve, I bring them lots of ice-cream and Christmas sweets!!!!

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to sophie4

Dear Sophie, you never cease to amaze me. I would expect that from such a kind lady. That's a great idea to pass on for kindness to others. A stocking full of yummies ❤️💜🌈🤗🍪🍕Great idea!

sophie4 profile image
sophie4 in reply to Luna_Child

Aww, thanks Luna-Child, but I think you may be too easily amazed!!! Do you have any idea of how many, many people in our community that you've helped so much, in so many ways this holiday season??? YOU, dear Luna, are the amazing...as in, AMAZING...person!!!

Luna_Child profile image

No I actually do not to be honest. I'm hoping I helped 1 person & that will make my year. ✌️This is an amazing community and everyone except two members who just refuse to remove themselves from my personal list of backstabbers. Knock yourselves out you should be kind to everyone, However, I don't care about these type of folks, however they are very supportive and helpful to so many others. This is is the place to come for help.

Sophie you're pretty amazing yourself.

Everyone here is a 🌈 rainbow wrapped in hugs! 🤗

sophie4 profile image

HealthUnlocked won let me in saying to reset my password but then won't let me. Hope you get this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sophie4 profile image
sophie4 in reply to sophie4

I want to tell you..."everyone here is a rainbow wrapped in hugs" is so beautiful...perfect...creative...an expression that is ALL YOU!! HealthUnlocked is driving me nuts...

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to sophie4

A lot of people are having an issue with this HU is working on it

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Dolphin14

I have to log in each time I reply

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to Luna_Child

Yes it seems for me if I leave one page to the next I have to log back in. I belong to another site where the admin actually posted an explanation

Something to do with google... over my head ... but he said HU support knows and is working on it

Luna_Child profile image

Yes me too. It's annoying.

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to Luna_Child

I just sent support another message.

Luna_Child profile image

Thank you

My preferred way is always through cheerful music and dancing foolishly around in my apartment.

Oh very fun💃It's creative not foolish. I sing loud in my car using my fist as a microphone 🎙️.

sophie4 profile image

I can't get that fist-image out of my head!!!LOL😅😅😅 (AHA!!!! That's how you make those...I clicked on an emoji...💙💙👍👍👍🦋🦋🦋🦋

Luna_Child profile image

Hahahaha 🤣

sophie4 profile image

The word "foolish" isn't in my vocabulary!!!!Hey, did you hear about yet another NEW virus that has begun in England?

Guess this is the year of the BIG TEST.

HUGS

sophie4 profile image
sophie4 in reply to sophie4

I was able to read your message but when I tried to reply HEALTHUNLOCKED popped up on the my screen asking for to log in...it keeps popping up...just again when I tried to reply to your message....now I forget what you asked me...if I drink coffee??? Would love to but have a tummy that so sensitive I can't. I can't remember the other questions...I have to find a post of yours to be able to reply to you in any way at all. Yeah...Christmas gifts...a lot, haven't yet arrived.How do you feel???

Hugs and licks

Luna_Child profile image

Yes I found out there's a glitch and they're working on it.

Luna_Child profile image

Check your private messages and reply private

sophie4 profile image

No...No...I didn't write clear at all...I think it's FABULOUS that you use your fist as a microphone!!!!! It's wonderful and your usual creativity. You know what, BESTIE? Today was a HORRIBLE day...everything went to complete shit. And the depression is beyond most depressions. I woke up so happy with all my plans for today...and then WHAM... I give up.

Luna_Child profile image

That's how Depression works

Indeed many people had many great ideas! 👍🌈🤗💃🎙️🧘☃️💅🖼️🎨🚶‍♀️🚶🗑️

I’m just keeping my contacts with family and friends frequent and joining online services- the Pope Francis, St. John Boscos in the Philippines, local church ⛪️ services and I’ve found Elkhart Tolle? He’s so very positive about the way to find inner peace and contentment by changing negativity in to life enhancement 💕I’m smitten! Anyone else found him? X

Hi,I remember reading Elkhart Tolle a long time ago. Thanks so much for bringing him back to my mind as I want to re-read his books!!

Luna_Child profile image

That's super awesome Sophie Dearest. Definitely start re reading. 📚💜❤️⚓🌈

I’m hoping that you seek this guy out Luna Child💕😊

You are speaking of Elkhart Tolle?

He’s so very special and I have just clicked with him 💕

That's Wonderful!

historically - i bury my head in the sand, and hold my breath until Jan. fetal position.

i do NOT recommend this. luna's suggestions seem alot healthier.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to 13ga

Yes please maybe we can come up with something healthier than burying your head for a month. I too bury my head when I'm super depressed only a few days at a time. Hobbies Hobbies..what do you enjoy doing? Example, I like art, reading, watching TV or movies, maybe a magazine on a topic that interests you, hit the library and check out some books, volunteer at a soup kitchen,

What are you into and it can be anything👍✌️😎

Let's all help please...✌️

LC⚓🌈🌛

13ga profile image
13ga in reply to Luna_Child

you are soo right, luna!

trouble is - when i'm like this... hard for me to do anything - even stuff i like.

lmao - what do i enjoy doing? heh - what don't i enjoy! i do volunteer at an animal shelter.

i like: art, music, dance, documentaries, well written tv shows & movies, scifi, high tech anything, astronomy, photography, videography, amateur radio, remote control anything, racing (doing not watching), skiing, skating, hang gliding, flying, road trips, hiking, tai chi and other martial arts, archery, target shooting... collecting: antique cameras, interesting knives.... i could go on and on....

applying creativity to anything i like doing. thinking outside the box.

i even started learning to play the keyboard last year!

i think that may be part of my problem - there's not alot of stuff i don't have some level of interest in... i'm an information hound - love learning, and challenging myself.

so with all that - i can be easily distracted! (did i need to tell you that) ;o)

but even with all those options - when i feel like hiding out...

about all i can muster - is sometimes practicing on the keyboard, and watching something on tv.

💜

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to 13ga

It is okay to hide out. We need those times for ourselves. It's important to listen to what our brain and body tell us to do.

13ga profile image
13ga in reply to Luna_Child

well - not sure you always wanna listen to what your brain tells ya.... not if it's warped like mine anyway! :-)

I used to get the blues - blue foot disease or peripheral cyanosis... but it is much better since they turned up my pacemaker from 50 to 60 bpm.In these dreadful time, there is much over which we have no control - but we can have the self-control and discipline to get to and maintain our ideal weight - and chocolate does not help.

I was buying chocolate or toffee every week - but avocado is a treat that is good for you!

Yes I agree we do have the control over the choices we make. This "dreadful" time will end. I actually heard it is the beginning of the decline of cases which of course will take time but there's our hope⚓. There's a 🕯️ light at the end of the tunnel.

Read a good book - my 'go to' is crime fiction.

If you feel that way inclined - go to the good book - a favourite passage or open anywhere and read the two pages facing you. What positive message do you find?

And thanks heavens for the phone - use the 'phone a friend' option.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to G1llHa1n

One of my favorite things to do. Great ideas thank you! 🌈🤗💜🌞

Midori profile image
MidoriVisually impaired

Well, I'm in a new home, and so I'll be working out a new tradition with my son.

Next year, I'll be hoping to find a soup kitchen or something like that I can help with.

I still have to find my way around the place, Got here and straight into lockdown!

Cheers, Midori

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Midori

That's wonderful. You can now design your very own tradition with your son.

Reaching out in love, to those dear to you, in safe ways, during these unusual times, is a gift, in itself, to treasure!

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to ddmagee1

💜❤️👍

Hi!!!!Having big problems with HealthUnlocked website. Can't reply..can't PM...

Frustrated sophie4

Luna_Child profile image

I know. I've not been on a lot today because I keep getting pushed off to sign in again. No worries.

I used to be creative and make cards but had to give up as it got too painful so I stupidly gave away most of my crafting items. Now my illness is more under control, I am seriously regretting doing this as a dear friend commented that she would absolutely love a handmade Christmas card from me this year as we were discussing gifts. So, a trip to the local craft store was in order and my creative skills made an appearance! I can honestly say that I may need to restock my craft boxes now!

Wishing you a merry Christmas xxx

You may also like...