HAPPY HANUKKAH πŸ•Ž : Happy Hanukkah... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation

9,815 members β€’ 9,932 posts

HAPPY HANUKKAH πŸ•Ž

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child
β€’20 Replies

Happy Hanukkah to those celebrating this special day.

Admitedly I know only a little about Hanukkah and I'd love someone to take time and explain to those who follow other religions. Knowing it started yesterday, I wish you all a Happy Hanukkah πŸ•ŽπŸ˜Š

Disclaimer: I do know religion is prohibited from discussion. I'm just asking for clarification and wishing those folks Happy Hanukkah!

πŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•ŽπŸ•Ž

20 Replies
β€’

That's really thoughtful of you Luna_Child. I would like to know too. xx

Thanks for responding springcross! Yes I'm curious.,hoping someone explains. πŸ•Ž

See above. Activity 2004 explained it to me. πŸ˜ŠπŸ•Ž

Yes, I've seen it - many thanks. xx

Thank you so much for posting this Luna_Child and please don't worry about the reference to a religious festival. We are reading lots about Christmas at the moment! It's only when it becomes doctrinal or controversial that it crosses the rules border, so your post is fine.And I join you in sending Happy Hanukkah to all our Jewish members today!

Thank you for responding and clarifying. Springcross and I were chatting wondering what Hanukkah is...so if any Jewish members would take the time to explain, I'm sure springcross and I aren't the only curious members. Thank you CallendersgalπŸ˜ŠπŸŒˆπŸŒŸπŸ‘

Thank you for posting this, Luna_Child! This is a very sweet and thoughtful thing to do.

Hanukkah is the festival that you light a Menorah πŸ•Ž with 9 parts for 8 nights ( all Jewish holidays) start at sundown the night before. Shabbat starts Friday night into Saturday night each week (tonight).

Hanukkah is the festival where you eat fried foods and celebrate the oil that was supposed to last for 1 day, but a miracle happened and the oil ended up lasting 8 days! Some families give 8 gifts to the children. Other families give 1 big gift depending on the age of the children. One of the fun Jewish holidays that I celebrate with my family!πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸŒˆπŸ•Ž

Thank you my dear friend for explaining this to me. You and yours and all the Jewish members here have a Happy Hanukkah. πŸ•ŽπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ͺπŸ‘¬

Enjoy!

LC πŸŒ™

Xx

Thank you for the Hanukkah wishes! Made my day!πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸŒˆπŸ•Ž

Awww😊

That's very interesting Activity, thanks for explaining it, Happy Hanukkah. x

Thank you, springcross. I appreciate the wishes very much. Hanukkah is one of my favorite holidays.πŸ˜€πŸ‘πŸŒˆπŸ•Ž

Thanks Jerry! 😊. Happy Hanukkah to you should it apply. πŸ•ŽGlad I'm A OK. πŸ‘

Yes, I'm with you. Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate this festival. Lots of love Lynne xxxx β€οΈπŸ’œ

springcross profile image
springcross in reply to

How are you Lynne? xx

A lovely post Luna_Child , very thoughtful of you to include others.

Luna, thank you for the recognition and cheer for the holiday of Hanukah.

You're welcome my friend 😊

Thank you for your thoughtful Post...so like you!!!Having a Happy Hanukkah is not a possibility for me. Too many very, very "Happy Hanukkah!!!" childhood into young adulthood memories for me. These memories bring deep sadness now. The happy memories have been replaced with extraordinary personal horror that jolts me into the blackest of black depression.

Fighting deep depression and uncontrollable anxiety has become my daily companion. Certainly, Jewish history teaches me what deep sadness and what intolerable situations are all about. Hanukkah, however, is about a miracle.

Wishing all of our Jewish members a very happy, happy Hanukkah, and sending every member of our communities good health, tremendous joy and the wonderful gift of a happy holiday season!!!!!!!!!!!

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to sophie4

SOPHIE you're awesome. πŸ€—Sunshine.

Sorry about your childhood memories.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and story with us all.

LCπŸŒ™

Xx

You may also like...