IF YOU COULD MAKE UP YOUR OWN NATIO... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation

9,761 members โ€ข 6,646 posts

IF YOU COULD MAKE UP YOUR OWN NATIONAL HOLIDAY, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits
โ€ข84 Replies

Get the creativity flowing...๐Ÿ™‹๐ŸŒˆ

Well let me tell you I did some research on holidays.

There are some extremely funny ones that people have actually passed. Regular folk like you & me have passed holidays. You may not get the day off but it's recognized nationally. There's a pretty simple way to do it AND it gives you a years calendar on all the weird holiday's people have passed. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Google "Funny Holidays"

84 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Luna_Child

National Amusement Park Day

๐ŸŽข๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽข๐ŸŒž๐ŸŽข๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽข๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽข๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŽข

bobbybobb
bobbybobbAmbassador

Around the world Zip wire, definitely. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to bobbybobb

Love the adventure of it! So

Cool. ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ™‹

National No News is Good News Day!

Like bobbybob, I was thinking Zipwire..... in an old closed down slate mine in Wales(Uk) it has the longest zipwire in the world!๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Veteran250

That's cool. I've always wanted to zip wire!

Iโ€™m only 77, theres time yet! lol ๐Ÿ˜€

Luna_Child

Of course there's lots of time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ‘Œ

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to Veteran250

Oh no way, that and bungee jumping not for me , Im Afraid ๐Ÿ‘Ž I like to keep my feet in the ground, I donโ€™t even like flying ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to Mydexter

You wouldn't get me doing zip wire or bungee jumping!! I don't mind flying though!! Xxxx

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Mydexter

Oh gosh I don't like flying either! I have to sit by the window, take a tranquilizer and I white knuckle it the whole way. ๐Ÿ™„ I'm a nervous wreck. I Amtrak it whenever I can. I love the ๐Ÿš† train and seeing the country side. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I would assume that with zip wire, which sounds exhilarating, I understand you're hooked up as safely as possible so your feet land safely? I'll try if you try. Lol. I'd definitely try that. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š It sounds fun! I totally understand. So maybe a National Keep Your Feet on the Ground Day! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿšถโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿšถโ€โ™€๏ธ

LC

Xx

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Spinner1916

Yes!!

National Take a Break from Negativity Day

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Spinner1916

Love it ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ™‹

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to Spinner1916

Maybe, a positivity day lol ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Luna_Child

Sounds good! That's a definite need. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

National Movie Day -

Everyone has to watch as many of their favorite movies as they can ๐Ÿ˜‚

With families or groups of friends, everyone gets to pick a movie and itโ€™s just popcorn all day ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Jay1938

Love that idea! How fun is that esp after covid goes away! ๐Ÿฟ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ“บ

We'll need to be with our friends, neighbors and family and party! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ฌ๐Ÿ‘ฌ๐Ÿ‘ช

LC

Xx

Jay1938
Jay1938 in reply to Luna_Child

Oh yeah! I canโ€™t wait to finally get back to crazy sleepovers and movie marathons lol

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Jay1938

I know. They should be giving more free movie channels and having marathons

Jay1938
Jay1938 in reply to Luna_Child

Yeah! I agree

Ohhh yes please ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Sunfloweronline

Seriously because of COVID it makes good sense. We are all at wits end. Here it's so bad , because we are the smallest state the "experts" are saying by the time this ends ๐Ÿ™, the whole state would have had covid. The numbers per day that are positive far surpass the any other time during this entire nightmare. It's frightening and the numbers are staggering!! I'm terrified for my parents! Thankfully Pfizer and whoever else made Rhode Island one of the first 4 states to get the vaccine which I hear is 95% effective. I hope this all done by summer which is probably a bit too optimistic but I pray for it. Our Governor has placed some schools on virtual or just " out"because they've exhausted resources to run the classrooms. Superintendents are doing it. Schools should have never been put back in session. The experts blew it. They said it was for kids socialization and while I'm everything for kids best interest this has frustrated them beyond since they can't play or sit next to each other talk to each other even through wearing masks and social distancing they can't be with their pals. Plus a lot of teachers and kids are sick now with covid-19. The older high school kids are not cooperating because they jump in their cars as a group after school and pull their masks off. I'm not surprised! Some adults are doing the same thing so needless to say being such a small state more restrictions are put in place.

My heart, Love & Healing Prayers go out to everyone here who has lost family or friends or both through COVID or are suffering with it now. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜žโค๏ธ

LC ๐Ÿ˜ท๐ŸŒบ

Hugs

Xx

I would make a holiday that celebrates differences and unifys people of all different backgrounds ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Hb2003

Awesome idea and needed.๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ‘ฌ๐Ÿ‘ฌ๐Ÿ‘ช

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

I agree ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child

๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thatโ€™s a great one!!!

Nationโ€™s of the world ๐ŸŒŽ unite x

Thanks ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

BoomerSwimmer
BoomerSwimmer in reply to Hb2003

Hb2003, I like your holiday the best. Too much hate in this world because of differences.

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to BoomerSwimmer

Agreed and thanks ๐Ÿ˜Š

Luna_Child

There is too much hate. People don't understand life can end on a dime. Why can't their be peace? It's ashame. We are all people regardless of color, nationalities, religion,

I agree that Hb, who I've gotten to know here is an amazing young lady who carries herself with dignity and self respect. She's always thinking of other's wins the prize here a long with some others for one of the truly selfless national holiday ideas.

Peaceโ˜ฎ๏ธ๐Ÿ•‰๏ธโœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘ฌ๐Ÿ‘ช

Luna Child

Xx

Jerry
JerryModerator

I think as itโ€™s winter here and the virus itโ€™s got to be one of the remote Nicaraguan islands with a boat in the summer and just have an adventure. ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜Š

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Jerry

Oh that sounds lovely! ๐Ÿšฃโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ›ถ. Remember it's a national holiday so others may have the same idea.

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to Jerry

An island in the sun for me too Jerry , messing about on the river as the song goes ๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child

Sounds great. Remember this is a national holiday so you may not be alone.

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to Luna_Child

Well itโ€™ll be me and Jerry trying to find a quiet spot then lol

Luna_Child

Yes!๐Ÿ‘

Thatโ€™s somewhere Iโ€™d love to visit x

Luna_Child

National wear your slippers to work day.

Kainan_li
Kainan_li in reply to Luna_Child

Haha bunch of people at my work do that on the daily

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Kainan_li

Hahahaha ๐Ÿ˜†

national music day, its a day where u just listen to music allll day and u can invite ppl over and have a big music party lol ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿ™ƒid make a giant playlist of a bunch of songs , and I would play them all in a day, and I would be a dj cuz I always wanted to be a dj

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to staypositive112

Omg I thought the same thing. They can all dance in the street too! Love it! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

I play music most of the day anyway, and post some on here too

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to Veteran250

Yes I love listening to the music you put in here and it's been fab, thank you Don!!

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Oldham65

Love ๐Ÿ’— it! Music ๐ŸŽถ is the great healer! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽถ๐Ÿ‘

National Sewing Day

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to thara9643

Nice!

National phone a friend day lol

Luna_Child

Awesome ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

National have a coffee with a neighbour day

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to sunnyweek

Nice one. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Marnie22
Marnie22 in reply to sunnyweek

Tea, please! ๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒธ

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Marnie22

Yes! National Drink Tea day!!๐Ÿ˜Š

Marnie22
Marnie22 in reply to Luna_Child

๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒธ

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to Luna_Child

Actually there is a British National tea day, on April 21st ๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child

There are so many national holiday's i never knew existed there's probably one in America too. I googled and found so many ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ‘

sunnyweek
sunnyweek in reply to Marnie22

Me too xx

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to sunnyweek

๐Ÿ‘

Marnie22
Marnie22 in reply to sunnyweek

๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒธ

Luna_Child

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child

National no techno gadgets day and go hiking instead

Kainan_li
Kainan_li in reply to Luna_Child

I had this one in mind too

Luna_Child

Definitely too much!

National Quietness Day. ๐Ÿ˜Š

I have a selfish reason for this. My brain injury left me with the inability to filter out background noise. I can't concentrate on anything when there are background sounds. I get sensory overload where my brain shuts down and I become really ill for several hours. You'd be surprised at how few places are 'quiet. ' Almost every shop/cafe or anywhere else - even doctors surgeries etc . play background music. There is traffic noise, planes, (there are military helicopters around my area!) you name it, it's making a noise. None of this ever used to bother me. I have become aware that people with several different conditions find noise troublesome.

I am sure you didn't want a sermon from me as an answer, but I am glad to get it off my chest!

(I am currently working with a hearing therapist to try and reprogramme my brain!)

๐Ÿ™‚๐ŸŒธ

Luna_Child

Great idea! I thought of this too..that would be fabulous. I do need to order my coffee at the drive thru though. I like this a lot. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒˆ

Marnie22
Marnie22 in reply to Luna_Child

You get a special exemption! ๐Ÿ˜„๐ŸŒธ

Luna_Child

I'm sorry about your brain surgery and your inability to filter out back ground noise. I cannot imagine how frustrating that must be. Frustrating is putting it mildly I would assume. My cousin had Robotics surgery on a hernia and this involved the Anesthesiologist and long story lost woke up from surgery and now grieves the loss of hearing and Tinnitus in one ear. I don't know what that's like and sending prayers to you for all you've been through.

Sending you big hugs ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ™

LC

Xx

Judyspal
Judyspal in reply to Marnie22

I really feel for you,and send my love,I have totally the opposite problem,though not as serious as yours,I can't stand quiet,I have really bad tinnitus and this noise in my head is so distracting,but it does get a little better over time,with CBT and trying to reprogram the brain to accept the noise as normal, keep at it,all the best ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Judyspal

I'm sorry. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I have to tell you my cousin had Robotics surgery on a hernia and long story short was left with Tinnitus and almost total deafness in one ear. What she explained and I'm sorry I cannot understand because I haven't had Tinnitus or deafness , is so frustrating and sad. My heart goes out to you also. It's been rough when your career is listening and talking to people. It could have been worse. Much worse. Still a loss she grieves.

Big Hugs ๐Ÿค—

LC

Xx

National Covid eradication day. (Here's hoping).

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Jacksc06

We are all hoping and praying ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

National free tv licence for over 75s day.....

Luna_Child

May I ask what a TV license is as I am in the states and I have never heard the term.

Is it free cable? Maybe I appear so incredibly stupid ๐Ÿ™„ however learning new terms from another country is very educating.

Thank you! Yes National Free TV Licence for 75s a day seems like a great awesome idea! ,๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿ™‹

LC ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hidden
Hidden

Willy wonks and the chociy factory would be good ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to Hidden

National Willie Wonka Day so like eating chocolate and watching the movie all day sounds really fun! I don't think I saw the movie so that would be a treat. ๐Ÿ“บ๐Ÿซ๐Ÿฉ

Awesome ๐Ÿ˜Š idea!

LC ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—

How about "Dog Day"!

Luna_Child
Luna_ChildReading Rabbits in reply to BoomerSwimmer

BoomerSwimmer, you know I love this idea having 3 myself!!! ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿฆด๐Ÿ’“

So the National Dog Day, would be a day to be "everything dog" to your dog maybe taking your dog to work or everyone has the day off with pay to do everything with your dog spending the day together ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ• and doing doggy stuff, cuddling, walks etc..spells L.O.V.E. to me!! ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿพ

Awesome tail wagging idea! ๐Ÿฆด๐Ÿพโค๏ธ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š

LC

Xx

Luna_Child

National Day Off From Cleaning Your House ๐Ÿก๐Ÿค—

Luna_Child

National Drink From a Straw Day

Luna_Child

National Wear a Funny Hat Day