Choose Wisely: I wanted to share. I... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation

9,750 members6,386 posts

Choose Wisely

BobJensen
BobJensen

I wanted to share. I have been married 41 years.

74 Replies
oldestnewest
Activity2004
Activity2004Moderator

This is a very good saying and good advice.😀👍🌈

Thanks

Wise words, I've been married 45 years. x

Great. Congratulations.

Thank you, you too. x

So true Bob , we’ll be celebrating our 48th in November , you know what they say, Happy wife, happy life 👍😃

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Mydexter

Thanks. Yes. It is true. Congratulations.

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to BobJensen

Thank you Bob 😃 you too

springcross
springcross in reply to Mydexter

Congratulations to you too Md. x

Thanks.

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to springcross

Thanks and congratulations to you too springcross it’s a long time these days , where have all the years gone 🤔

BobJensen

Right.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to BobJensen

I have 2 older brothers and a younger sister. All divorced. I hold the family record.

BobJensen

41 years married to the same person. Not multiple.

BobJensen

My brother Bill was married and divorced 5 times. 6 children.

BobJensen

He was 10 years older. He died at age 70.

BobJensen

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to BobJensen

Bob, don’t know if you know that you can edit your post to add to it 🤔👍

Wow!

I am Facebook friends with 2 ex wives and his 5 sons.

springcross

That's what we keep thinking! xx

Great.

Mydexter
Mydexter in reply to springcross

I know , springcross t’s flown by hasn’t it 😃

BobJensen

Yes.

springcross

It certainly had Md. xx

san_ray70
san_ray70 in reply to Mydexter

I am in my second marriage, if I knew how happy you can be with the right man, I do not think my first would have lasted 18yrs. The only thing is we are both getting old, but still enjoying life. We have been married for 15 years and we hope to make our silver wedding.

Isabel64
Isabel64 in reply to san_ray70

Many congratulation and happy life together!

This is spot on!

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to thara9643

Thanks.

Congratulations, to you Both, Bob and your Lovely Lady. Here's to another Fifty🤗. Incidentally I've Copied Your'Post'... I'm going to make it A4... if I can.

AndrewT

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to AndrewT

Great.

Congratulations Bob, to you and your wife! Choose Wisely is the Gold Standard of choosing partners! Thanks for sharing! My wife and I are celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary, this year, 2020! We’ve had 50 great years of wedded bliss, thanks to choosing wisely, back when we were first dating each other. We are both musicians, and we are both somewhat eccentric. Had we not chosen each other, where we respect each other’s freedom to pursue their musical and artistic interests, we would probably never of had the fulfilling marriage, that we have today, and have had for 50 years! Marriage is a partnership, that can grow, as the years go by, to be the wondrous, happy, exciting, experience that it should be! There is a lot of give and take, in a long lasting marriage, with unbridled, loyal, love, as the glue, so to speak, that binds the partnership together, through all the ups and downs, that come along with being married!

MadBunny
MadBunny in reply to ddmagee1

Congratulations on your 50 years together xx

ddmagee1
ddmagee1 in reply to MadBunny

Thank you!!

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to ddmagee1

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing. Wow. 50 years.

So very true.

You are all beginners! We are 55 years

ddmagee1
ddmagee1 in reply to Hylda

Congratulations!

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Hylda

Congratulations.

Can even top that at 56!

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to JayceeW

Congratulations.

49...it’s a bit late to choose wisely 😁

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Bridge31

Congratulations.

I would have made 56 yrs now if first one had worked out. But 41 yrs 2nd time round and chose more carefully being more mature. 2 lovely sons from 1st, lived in Brazil and Spain, so no regrets at all!!

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to diana1998

Congratulations.

Very good. We have been happily married for 34 years.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to MadBunny

Congratulations.

MadBunny
MadBunny in reply to BobJensen

Thank you x

bobbybobb
bobbybobbAmbassador

Great advice. 👍😊

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to bobbybobb

Thanks.

How does this make innocent dumped partners feel? People do choose wisely but then the 'good' partner let's them down. Life is difficult enough without these sayings. I might make 50 years marriage next year and it will reflect the fact that my mother, and all us kids, were dumped by my father. We all do our best but life often deals some poor cards.

MaggieSylvie
MaggieSylvie in reply to kablea

The saying itself may be true but we cannot always trust that that prince charming will stay that way.

ddmagee1
ddmagee1 in reply to kablea

So very sorry to hear that fate brought you a different story to tell, that doesn’t seem good! Just for the record, being married 50 years takes a lot of work! Sorry you were dealt a cruel blow, like that!

Congratulations to you both Bob. I love those words you chose to use too. They are also very true. I, like you was lucky to have a partner who fitted those words but lost him to cancer some years ago. You obviously appreciate your chosen partner and I wish you nothing but another 40 years of happiness.

Cheers.xxx 💕💕💕

Thanks.

Thank you for that Bob. I certainly did.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Sheila_G

Great.

No argument here. 46 and counting.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Dahlia7

Thanks. Congratulations.

Hello BobJensen

Sounds like your wife made a very good choice!

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Big_Dee

Thanks. That is sweet. Yes. I think she did.

We had celebrated our 51 st anniversary and we're planning

all the things we still wanted to do during the next 50 yrs together .

.Was not to be .....I lost him 17 days later .........that was 2 years ago ......

So congratulations and many more anniversary's. 💐

Jo. 😊

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Buzzytruk

Thanks for sharing. I am sorry for your loss. God bless.

Its an excellent saying combined with excellent advice I have a girlfriend who lives in an equestrian college down south & communcate regularly via zoom & skype

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Sara_2611

Great.

True words. Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately my other half , decided to break “the golden rule” After 17 years of marriage. So sometimes even if you choose wisely, Life Happens!!!

Thanks for sharing. I am sorry.

38 years here

Great. Congratulations.

Hi Bob, my Wife and I just celebrated 54 years and you are so right! A wonderful statement indeed. All good wishes to you and yours.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Dockdog

Thanks. Congratulations.

Craftyperson
CraftypersonReading Rabbits

That's so true

You can choose wisely on the day ,But I lost my wife to psp brain disease,but you can only control some of it , today would have been our 48 wedding anniversary .I looked after her for 5 year's 24/7 for better or worse I took care of her to the end ,I know through happy and sad times

I did choose wisely ,take care . Peter

That is great advice and so right you are.

I was partnered with my other half for 25yrs but she sadly passed away 18 months ago, aged 58 from ovarian cancer. We were everything together; there’s not a day goes by when she is on my mind. I know she’s pain free now wherever she rests in the heavens, but slowly, I am accepting she’s is no longer around physically but still remains painful when something triggers an emotional response.

You may also like...