COVID19 phase 2, now the lockdown is... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation
9,454 members3,159 posts

COVID19 phase 2, now the lockdown is being eased.

Jerry
JerryModerator

Hi everyone, this COVID19 virus has hit us and hard and fast and now we are starting to unlock the lockdown with lots of fear and trepidation as the virus is still virulent but life must go on, so when people talk about getting back to normal, this means when we stop fearing this virus, that's normal.

I have been feeling uneasy since we were told the peak was over so we were going to get the country back to work and children back to school. Now what bothers everyone is nothing has changed except we’ve avoided getting the virus but it’s still out there so suddenly the need to be alert instead is challenging and this is what we have to overcome is staying safe whilst getting things up and running again.

It's strange because at first I felt very isolated but lucky compared to many and the irony is with walking to my local shop and my neighbours wanting to be friendly and community spirited I feel I’ve made new friends. I gave a neighbour a small tree and she gave me some vegetable plants then she told her neighbour and they gave me some vegetable plants and it’s very heartwarming this sense of wanting to be part of the community.

Today I went for a walk into the forest via the ponds and sat on a fallen tree just watching everything around me and I realised that like everyone else I have to be patient and just as importantly we must have hope as vaccines are being developed and tested.

The photo is one of my favourite spots as it’s minutes from my home and then I go into the forest where I can sit down on a fallen tree and enjoy just being there as we are allowed to sit down outside now and it felt good.

Enjoy your day folks stay safe as we can and will beat this because hope and patience is more powerful than this virus...🌈🌞

81 Replies
oldestnewest
Callendersgal
CallendersgalModerator

What a beautiful spot to have in your locality Jerry. You are very fortunate. It's also so good that you've made new friends. It might have taken years without the pandemic! We British really are so reserved and fear making nuisances of ourselves or of being thought 'nosy'.

Yes, lockdown was easy compared to what comes next. Now we have to take more responsibility ourselves. To use public transport? Go to a popular beauty spot? Wear a mask? The list is endless and will become more complex as more restrictions are lifted. There is no 'safe'. There are choices to be made for most people, and others will have to return to work, but whilst I don't have to take too many big risks, I don't really want to live the rest of my life, now limited by age, in fear and trepidation.

What is coming requires some courage and some personal decisions on limits.

I think we all have to find our own way through this.

Thanks for a really thought provoking post and on a topic we are all going to have to address sooner or later.🙏

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Callendersgal

Hi Callendersgal now you are so right and you said: I don't really want to live the rest of my life, now limited by age, in fear and trepidation.

None of us do and this is why we have to live under a new and unnatural regime to stay safe and keep everyone else safe until we have a vaccine. So we have to live in hope and patiently so when that day comes we will have come out of a dark tunnel and have a new normal...

If we can believe this we can live our lives easier now so we constantly live in hope rather than in fear, well thats the plan...🌈😊

Hi, Callendersgal, what you said in your post leads me to think I must be British at heart - "We British really are so reserved and fear making nuisances of ourselves or of being thought 'nosy'."

My angst in all this is because we aren't, at least in the US, getting validated information about this virus. It has a political link to an ignorant idiot that lives in the White House. Now, I do listen to Dr. Fauci - he has a long resume when it comes to infectious disease - but he is being limited in what he says.

Because testing over here is not universal, it skews the data on the rate of infection and the case fatality rate, and it makes us that much more fearful because we are isolated, and have little contact with others outside our inner circle. I think this POTUS wants us to be scared, give up rights, etc. I hate political agendas.

I just want to hear what the experts are doing - I know the scientists have had to deal with political interference before, and the scientists eventually were able to do what they do best - research. Knowledge is power. But what this administration has done is anti-intellectual, and really isn't being consistent, and that just scares people more. Uncertainty makes things scary, and that has a negative effect on everyone.

Having read a lot on previous pandemics, the truth eventually is found, but right now, I wish I wasn't living in the US.

daveh121
daveh121
in reply to Mickey1953

Well said.

Craftyperson
CraftypersonReading Rabbits
in reply to Mickey1953

Yes I'm so glad not in USA a friend of mine in USA said are things bad over hear as trump saying ok and everything will be over by Easter etc and I said no according to our news you've got highest rate of infection at moment!!!! Can't believe some of things he's come out with.

LeeKitty
LeeKitty
in reply to Mickey1953

I love living in the USA. I’m sad that you can’t be where you want to be.

Craftyperson
in reply to Callendersgal

Yes and driving 280 mile round trip to come to beach for day not a good decision in my mind especially as toilets still locked

What a wonderful spot to ponder.

With so many people being reckless i fear there could well be another wave of corona.

i live on the coast and i am appalled at the hundreds of people milling around,and very few keeping a distance. The coastal road i live in is crowded with vehicles,and people going around without a care in the world.Myself i stay in our garden and only pop out once a week.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to secrets22

Well we all fear that and I'm sorry that people are being careless near you, you just stay safe now. 🌈😊

We decided not to visit places unless we really need to be there and save bus and train spaces for those who need them with no other options if we don't need to be anywhere or travel.

Craftyperson
in reply to secrets22

Yes it's same here they had reopened car parks but that many people came they've shut them hoping to stop people coming but it hasn't worked. Oh and because toilets closed still men peeing up beach huts!!!!

Bee-bop
Bee-bop
in reply to secrets22

Hi Secrets,

That was my worry when it was announced that people could travel anywhere to exercise and sunbathe. I don't live near the coast but close to hills that people were using until the announcement. Now loads have flocked to the coast 😕

Lovely pic, so peaceful, it’s still much the same for us here in Wales as yet, they have put the fines up to £1.920 from £120 I think, quite a jump but they are trying to stop people coming into Wales And spreading the virus as the rules are different here.

I think we all have to take responsibility for our actions, the Government can only do so much , it’s up to us then

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Mydexter

Hi Mydexter I live just over the border from you and I agree we have to keep each other safe to stay safe regardless of them lifting restrictions. 🌈😊

MadBunny
MadBunny
in reply to Mydexter

Absolutely.What worries me though is will people take responsibility?Judging by the behaviour of some during lockdown I fear not.

Wow wow wow, picture is breathtaking and on the money 💰👍

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Painny

Hey thanks Painny 🌈😊

Firstly, Jerry, you have put my feelings into words. Nothing has changed, that Virus is still as deadly and still around! People are mingling everywhere once again now that lockdown is easing and Ifeel there will be a second wave of Corona 19within the next few months, which is very worrying. In fact, I dont feel we are prepared well enough. I'm still very uncomfortable about venturing out and worried that people will forget to be cautious and go back to their Norma habits. I will be watching very carefully what happens next in other countries.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to RoadRunner44

Exactly Chris, we all fear another peak or a rise in the R factor. R is for risk and I don’t want to be an R number...but I have hope that we will overcome this. 🌈😊

Me too roadrunner,

Feel I can't go out due to the "forgetfulness" of others. The kids on my street aren't social distancing and playing together 😕

Ghounds
GhoundsReading Rabbits

What a lovely peaceful place Jerry, I hope it brings you joy for many years to come. You mentioned age in one of your replies, I've always pictured you as in your late forties or maybe your fifties! You have such energy and cheery positivity you give the impression of youth.

I'm afraid there may well be a second wave of infection and pray it doesn't coincide with flu season. I feel especially for those in cities who find social distancing such a challenge. All we can do is take precautions and hope others will be sensible....not always a given sadly.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Ghounds

Awe thanks I do have a cheery attitude but I’m still spooked by this virus and know that we have to be patient. I do have worries about the coming months as well so am just staying safe and hoping a vaccine comes soon. 🌈😊

Craftyperson
in reply to Ghounds

They are saying will be another surge but that hopefully now had time to get prepared and that early lifting will mean get it in summer and not flu season. Let's hope that's case and not too high a rise

Ghounds
GhoundsReading Rabbits
in reply to Craftyperson

Let's hope so. I will certainly be much more cautious once people start mixing again, I've been grocery shopping every ten days or so feeling relatively safe but not that keen going forward!

Craftyperson
in reply to Ghounds

Yes let's hope and I've been going out just once a week shopping and took one look at queue outside Lidl and went to co-op instead costs a bit more but only 4 people in front of me in queue

On Wednesday when I was coming back from my interview in Newport I had got off the bus a stop earlier and had walked home from there past the supermarkets and it was 11am and there was a massive queue outside Iceland and I had thought to myself that one thing was certain was I wasn't joining them there and had used the co op instead nearby for some bits and pieces.

Craftyperson
in reply to catgirl1976

Yes same with me Lidl queue went down front of store round side and across car park so would have been an hour in queue easily

MadBunny
MadBunny
in reply to Ghounds

I dont feel safe just going out for a walk at the moment as so few people keep their distance.I find now I always move over just to be sure...

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessAmbassador

That's such a beautiful spot Jerry and I can imagine how you sit and enjoy what's around you. Hearing water, the birds singing and noises in the distance like sheep and cows.

We are far from over this and a lot of people seem to have relaxed whereas I'm very alert as we are a long way off from going back to any new kind of normal.

I totally agree, patience pays off and it certainly in the end, I just hope those people crowding the beaches realise what they are doing.

Your neighbourhood sounds so lovely and I'm so pleased you've made some new friends.

Take care and stay safe Jerry.

Alicia😊🌈

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to crazyfitness

Thanks Alicia I feed the birds and the ducks so it’s all very amicable, I love sitting quietly amongst nature.

I think it’s very difficult as some people /families must have felt cooped up so want some fresh air but could go about it in a safer and easier manner.

I’m pleased the neighbours are friendly and giving me veggie plants all good.

Enjoy the rest of your evening now Alicia and take care now. 🌈😊

crazyfitness
crazyfitnessAmbassador
in reply to Jerry

Oh how lovely Jerry, someone just like me, nature is beautiful.

It is difficult for people but they behave like they are being released from a cage and our lockdown wasn't even severe as in Spain they were housebound.

Well some friendly neighbours to another friendly neighbour and that's you.

You take care Jerry and enjoy the lovely forest.😊🌈🙏

Craftyperson
in reply to Jerry

I feel sorry for people in high rise flats especially with children and nowhere to play

bobbybobb
bobbybobbAmbassador

To sit on a fallen tree, in the forest and look out over the pond, in solitude of thought and forget the maddening crowd, is a moment well spent. You are right that we need to continue to stay safe as the restrictions get lifted as the virus hasn't gone anywhere. I will continue to wear face coverings and gloves in any closed environments. Hope is powerful and keeps us going. I am confident a vaccine or treatment will be found, everyone is working so hard. You live in a wonderful place with wonderful neighbors, enjoy your environment as much as you are able. xx

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to bobbybobb

Thanks bobbybobb its wonderful getting away from it all as the news is never ending more of the same. Where as we need to get to grips with this to beat it. Enjoy your evening now. 🌈😊

I think it hasn’t dawned on people that this is our lives for the foreseeable but that doesn’t mean life will be dreadful, life is what you make it.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Happyme123

This is very true its up to us now 🌈😊

HiddenThis reply has been deleted
Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Hidden

Thank you Karen 🌈😊

What a lovely spot Jerry. We h

have no intention of going anywhere where there are crowds, travelling on public transport, flying or sailing until there is a vaccine. Even then the vaccine may not be suitable for those of us with underlying health issues such as CLL and therefore I may still be grounded!!

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to kitchengardener2

I'd look on the bright side that we will beat this virus 🌈😊

Ghounds
GhoundsReading Rabbits
in reply to kitchengardener2

Me too!

Nice spot.

I agree with what you are feeling and hope people do not forget the virus is still out there and become complacent.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to daveh121

Thank you 🌈😊

Hi Jerry. I agree with everything you said. I used to think it will be great when we move into the next stage because our chances of catching covid are reduced but that isn't the case. Firstly it depends on where you live. Still pockets of high rate in the north. Secondly the restrictions are based on the fact that the NHS is not now overwhelmed and they will have a bed for you in ICU if necessary. I am not being negative just realistic. I worry that a lot of people think that when the restrictions are reduced they can just go back to life before covid. This will just bring another spike. We will never be able to go back but we will make a new life which will be good but with caution. I love the beautiful photo. X

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Sheila_G

Thanks and we have to stop the virus spreading 🌈😊

Sheila_G
Sheila_G
in reply to Sheila_G

Absolutely. Stay safe x

MadBunny
MadBunny
in reply to Sheila_G

Its reasduring tbat there will be a bed in ICU if needed.But to be honest,I'd rather not need it in the first place.

Sheila_G
Sheila_G
in reply to MadBunny

Absolutely. I would rather be in a total lockdown for the next few months and destroy the virus. I don't understand how anyone could want otherwise. x

Hi Jerry

That looks familiar are you in the Forest of Dean? I live right at the top a 1000 feet up. Experiencing lockdown personally has been a wonderful experience in many ways with the wonderful community and fabulous nature ( the weather being so kind).

The down sides are missing closeness with family and friends. I am usually always positive. Keep safe.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Elizabethhampson

Hello Elizabeth I am indeed in the Forset of Dean so you must have some fantastic views beibng 1000ft up. 🌈😊

It’s beautiful & just what you need to relax your brain out at the moment. Take care

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Spring1

Too true 🌈😊

That was kind to give the neighbour a tree and to receive vegetables back. Sounds like you have made some good friends in your neighbourhood and that’s down to you as you have to be a good friend to get good friends. I love the reflections in your photo 🙂🌈

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Agoodenough

Hey thanks Ali thats what being neighbourly is all about and it's made me feel part of the community. 🌈😊

All this fear stuff though, is a bit like psychological brainwashing exactly how dictatorships like North Korea, Cambodia, Angola, Cameroon, Honduras, etc... etc... operate and indoctrinate all the fear propaganda into its people constantly whether it’s through hunger, war, forced labour and so on; though we only hear more about NK because that’s how the media and western governments’ spins it to us and we naturally believe it, because our over-riding concerns are our own well being, family and friends and the immediate material environment we’ve created for ourselves .

So the west is doing exactly the same as the dictatorships albeit more subtle and under a different title called a virus. Understandably, it is causing unfortunate deaths to family members, loved ones and friends but the way the governments and worse still, the media, have spun this whole thing to suit its own objective so it has been nothing short of dictatorships pumping out fear propaganda to the people of so called civilised western countries. What the objective to all this is, is that nobody really knows only the few!

By religiously allowing ourselves to constantly watch tv news and politically motivated print media, we’re subconsciously authorising ourselves to be brainwashed subtly, so overtime, it eventually makes us fear more, doubt more, gossiping about others to others, and being more reserved a British trait) and so on...

fibrofoggy
fibrofoggy
in reply to Dickydon

I agree. I avoid the news, only ever watched C4 but that's been really bad too. You'd think only UK and US existed in this world.

Dickydon
Dickydon
in reply to fibrofoggy

Exactly, and that is why I feel we are also in a dictatorship albeit a subtle one, and the fact of our mentality would let us believe that what you rightly say: “you’d think only UK and US existed in this world” is so true!

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Dickydon

Hi Dickydon I used to like watching world news but not anymore it’s all the same because for once we have a global pandemic. India Brazil Japan the EU it’s the same COVID19 rules the world news.

In the Philippines anyone who breaks the lockdown risks being shot! Now that’s what I call a dictatorship.

Politically the world is polarised in a way I’ve never seen before for example Brexit completely broke all political boundaries.

I think that we in the Western nations could be a lot worse off freedom wise if we moved to some other continents.

Hi, how lucky you are to have this beautiful pond so close to your home, I survive in my garden, all my flowers are blooming , the butterflies and occasionally the bumble bees are visiting my garden, I have made a sanctuary for the small birds so they can enjoy there food in peace without it being stolen by the pigeons, but alas the medium size birds have spotted it so they now steal it😢 hope you carry on with your strolls and enjoy what mother nature has bestowed on , stay safe 😷😷

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Willowrabbit

Thank you Willowrabbit your garden sounds charming and an oasis for you and wildlife to live harmoniously together so you enjoy your lovely garden. 🌈🌻😷

Hello Jerry

I attended a webinar put on by Leukemia & Lymphoma Society yesterday from CCL doctor at Ohio State University. Seminar was titled CLL: What are my treatment options. One of the questions asked was about CV-19 vaccine. Doctor stated because of the type of virus that CV-19 is, vaccine will not be a live virus. As you know CLLers can not have live virus. How ever the same thing applies as with all vaccine and antibodies, our bodies may not obtain the level of response required to ward off the sickness. That being said our normal is going to be the same as in the past. Wash hands often, wear masks and avoid people coughing. So not much is going to change other than with pandemic we were getting some help from the rest of the world. Blessings.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Big_Dee

Hello Big_Dee now I know not everyone can have a live vaccine but once there is one who will be carrying CODID19? That’s how I’d try and see the future as we will beat this insidious virus. 🌈😊

Big_Dee
Big_Dee
in reply to Jerry

Hello Jerry

I suspect any CV-19 "vaccine", as flu vaccine is not true vaccine, will give limited resistance to CV-19. Very similar to what through with type A or B flu. The CV-19 virus is mutating. But anything helps. Blessings.

Thank you, Jerry, for sharing your thoughts. You have a beautiful place to stop & meditate. It is great to have time to just 'stop & stare' and watch the clouds float by. Time to re-evaluate our lives.

I agree with all you say. I have decided to self isolate to end of June - then wait & see what the situation is then!

Good luck .

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to mrtiggs

Thank you mrtiggs... the clouds should know me by know...🌈🌤

mrtiggs
mrtiggs
in reply to Jerry

Thank you, Jerry. Just thought I would share this with you, written by a lady in my village:

Thinking today that something's missing

Family bear hugs and also kissing

It's times like this we realise

What really is the treasured prize

It's not the having lots of stuff

Of that we've really had enough

To hold a hand that means the most

And salt air trips out to the coast

And family meals with talk and laughter

It's missing times like this we're after

Holding tight an adult child

Until their fears are reconciled

We are really missing being closer

Today I almost hugged our local grocer!

We have 2 meters separate

For more closeness we will have to wait

We're missing friends and family

Lock down means we can't be free

To wander to a far off place

And disappear without trace

The lapping waves upon a hull

The far off calling of a gull

Gritty sands between your toes

And picnics on soft warm throws

Comfort from sitting in an old friend's room

Now we have to do through Zoom.

Thinking today that something's missing

Family bear hugs and also kissing.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to mrtiggs

This is so moving as it sums things up in a great poem. 🌈😊

Craftyperson

One of the good things to come out of this is the community spirit, let's hope it stays. Anyone been watching Ross kemps volunteer army on BBC at 10 am? It's been good seeing what people are doing for each other. Glad you're reaping benefits of it and giving also enjoying your walks. Lovely pic and looks a lovely spot

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Craftyperson

Thank you it is touching as it makes us feel part of something. 🌈😊

Craftyperson
in reply to Jerry

Exactly

Love the picture, so beautiful and peaceful a bit of heaven on earth! Enjoy it.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to nivana

Thank you I do appreciate my surroundings 🌈😊

People are still dying. There are still new infections daily in my city. I live in the U.S. I think it's careless to rush back into things as if the virus is gone. There is still a need for more testing and a vaccine.

I don't think being cautious is living in fear. I think it is called living in the reality that 98,000 people in the U.S. have died. A 15 year old just died last week in Baltimore, Maryland.

#Stayingsafe #Usingwisdom.

Hi Jerry, firstly what a lovely picture . Yes you are quite right when will normality be ever the same again I fear not as I feel people will be on edge if no vaccine is found I hope I'm wrong . One thing which I picked on what you said is how people have come together and helped each other which I hope will continue across the country . We can only pray for the sick to recover from this awful virus.

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Longsider

Thank you and we don't live in fear of the SARS virus so lets live in hope as hope is more contagious than any virus...🌈😀

Another beautiful image; you are lucky to live in such a gorgeous green area and I always love it when the trees change the color of their leaves. I will continue my daily routine and obey the rules whatever they might be in the future. I will do my grocery shopping with social distancing as required but am grateful I don't have children to think about when it comes to schooling. This must be a big worry at this time for parents; hoping the correct decisions will be made!

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to lgd333

Thank you and I love it here, I love it when the trees have the new spring leaves and then in the autumn when they change colour they are magic.

I shop locally and my son is grown up so again I can do my best to stay safe and keep everyone else safe so don't have to make any of those dificult decisions.

You enjoy your day now. 🌈😀

Beautiful spot, lucky you. Was hoping we could omit political slurs!

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Unglorious

We do avoid political slurs Unglorious!

Hello Jerry

The photo is lovely what an amazing spot !! I feel the same worried about having friends round just in case I get the virus but cannot not see anyone so review at end of June !

Jerry
JerryModerator
in reply to Mia898

Hello Mia898 and thank you it is a nice spot and it’s the same for all of us as it’s a brave new world at the moment so good luck with the review at the end of June. 🌈😊

Mia898
Mia898
in reply to Jerry

Might risk it until July meeting people as want to show off the house !!! As long as they wash there hands and take shoes off my new wooden floors I am happy . Love them to wear a mask but that over the top !! I will of course have windows open :)

You may also like...