When the sun comes out.: One of the... - Positive Wellbein...

Positive Wellbeing During Self-Isolation

9,781 members9,926 posts

When the sun comes out.

john6 profile image

One of the views that we are lucky to have. Just to sit on patio bench seating and while away the time when people are in work, the silence can be deafening, something I like.

33 Replies

This is a beautiful scenic view. Thank you for showing this to us.😀👍🌈

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to Activity2004

Thank you, you are welcome.

You live in a beautiful place

It is a time such as this that helps us to get through it.

Looks like a beautiful day 😍👒🌞🍄🍃

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to

Oh, It can do grey as well lol, and when It snows it can be like a slalom 😨😉Not quite California😀

How beautiful💚

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to 4Laur

Thank you.

bobbybobb profile image
bobbybobbAmbassador

It's a very pretty view you have. 😊

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to bobbybobb

We live on one side of a Valley, luckily it is South facing which means we have the sun in the front most of the day, the bedrooms at the back (it is a bungalow) stay cool.

Painfully pretty. That is what I miss bout the UK.

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to daveh121

Something that always hit us when coming into land/looking out of a plane window was, how green our grass is in the UK. Silly things that make it home.

Beautiful photo. I love the sound of silence too 🙂

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to Agoodenough

We are lucky in that sense re silence, you can lay in bed at night and ((I swear lol) you could hear a pin drop 100 metres away. Just far away from the madding crowd- not too far.

Agoodenough profile image
Agoodenough in reply to john6

That’s sounds lovely and I don’t think there are many people that could say that. I certainly can’t. It’s beautiful where I live but it’s not particularly quiet!

john6 profile image

When I think of that it makes me smile re something I said to my wife some years back. First of all my humour covers most things and can lean a bit to the dark side.

We were laying in bed at night, I said to my wife "can you hear it"? She said can I hear what - the silence I said (you could practically hear the air quietly hissing), I then said........this is how quiet it must be when we are dead 😱😄 it cannot be repeated what she called me😂

Lol you’re a one! 😁

john6 profile image

Your scenery is stunning, what part of the country are you in?

We are in Kent. (Near Canterbury).

john6 profile image

That is great, you also have warmer weather than us. We normally like (in better times) to take time out in Bournemouth, travelling through Dorset is lovely and also to Devon where a cousin of mine lives - beautiful countryside with nice eating places to stop at en route.

That sounds lovely. Devon and Dorset are beautiful. I camped near Swanage last May. We have family in Somerset too. My favourite place is The Lake District. Have you been there? We tend to stay at Ambleside 🙂

john6 profile image

No, we have never been to the Lake District and have never heard a bad word about the area. It has to go onto the must go to list. I guess we have never gone there because Bournemouth offers us what we enjoy.

I think its good to stick to what you know you will like. I haven't been to as many places once I discovered the lakes as I always want to go there. Bournemouth is lovely too. Would be nice to go anywhere at the moment but we all have to sit tight 🙂

Hi John, another beautiful photo of Wales , aren’t we lucky to live among such wonderful scenery, , gorgeous 👍😃

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to

I think so, it is nice that people want to visit a country that has a bit of everything - a little bit more Sun would not go amiss😊

in reply to john6

Too true 👍

We have our days. Unfortunately, when lock down started our next door neighbour decided to replace his garden fence = 5 days of banging. Then a little bit further down they are having an extension built (loads of banging), also the builder thought he was going to turn the area into a disco with his radio = sorted. Not quite shangrila at the moment but generally it is good.

So pretty john6. You are indeed very lucky to have such a view. And I too 🌈love deafening silence!

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to Callendersgal

Tbh if it is one thing that does get to me.....it's noise. I seem to pick up on the slightest of noise, TV adverts are the thing at the moment, they cut into whatever we are watching and ramp up the volume when the ads come on by quite a few decibils 🤯

Callendersgal profile image
Callendersgal in reply to john6

With you all the way on that john6! It's infuriating and irritating! 😊 I cannot bear people attempting to 'talk over' TV either! Just call me grumpy around noise! 😁

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to Callendersgal

It is definitely an age thing with me. I can remember going to the Top Rank in Cardiff with my wife, the music was so loud we could not understand each other even when talking directly into each others ear, as such we stopped until the music finished with a total indifference to the actual loudness. We still like to get out and lateness is never a problem, however noise is a different ball game these days.

Yes, I would like that too. Lovely view, thanks for sharing.

john6 profile image
john6 in reply to springcross

Thank you, the weather today makes it as per pic.

You may also like...