The Fast 800 recipe book - on offer for Kindle fr... - PMRGCAuk

PMRGCAuk

13,384 members24,360 posts

The Fast 800 recipe book - on offer for Kindle from Amazon just for today

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador

If anyone is interested - the recipe book to go with the Fast 800 diet is available for 99p on the daily offer:

amazon.co.uk/Kindle-Daily-D...

It is just for 24 hours - no time to think about it!!!

48 Replies

Is this how you keep slim?

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to whitefishbay

What - me personally? I wish!! Hoping to get somewhere during Lent though ...

There has been some discussion about the Fast 800 diet recently with someone reporting superb results. She joined the scheme which provides meal plans, recipes and support but it isn't cheap. The book is usually about £17 - I'm happy to investigate its worth at 99p!

whitefishbay
whitefishbay in reply to PMRpro

After a trip last summer my daughter (furloughed at home) got the cooking bug. I hate cooking. So of course I am nice and round. She joined weight watchers and is trying to get us to eat less. We do eat healthy - just too much. What else is there during lockdown?

PMRpro

I find it quite difficult to find enough hours in the day to be honest!!!

The joy of the low carb approach to eating is you get to eat a lot - just not carbs! In 2 years of very restricted exercise (OH was in and out of hospital and our daily half hour walks went by the board, I was ill and then we had a dreadful winter followed by Covid restrictions and more illhealth on OH's part, walking alone is no fun) and at the same time being back to 15mg pred I have only put on 3kg! Bad enough but I can still wear what I was wearing BC! But it is Lent - so I decided time to do something!!!

whitefishbay

Given up bread for lent (not pasta). Good luck. Xx

PMRpro

I gave up carbs for PMR and pred ...

whitefishbay

I'd marry a loaf of bread if I wasn't already married. Two of my siblings have Coeliac's Disease so I am lucky I can eat gluten but I shouldn't.

Thanks got it x

Oh my goodness, 800 cals.....I'd be starving. Got to say that since being on Pred since Dec 2019 I've only gained 7lbs. It's come on my face and tops of legs and that's it. Just cutting back on my chocolate that I was having every day, (I don't drink or smoke and never have) but really couldn't do without my goodies. Watching the carbs though. good luck to all those that try it though.

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Staplehurst

You would be surprised how satisfied you can feel on 800 calories - and nothing wrong with a bit of that old-fashioned commodity: discipline.

Staplehurst
Staplehurst in reply to PMRpro

1,500 will do for me ! I just want to get to my normal weight of 9st 7lbs shouldn't be too hard once off Pred

Thanks bought one.

Thanks PMRpro I’ve just bought it . What a bargain. x

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Greensleeves

That's what I thought!!! I have a few cookery books n Kindle, don't really like them on Kindle but at the price, beggars can't be choosers ...

Thanks, Pro - just bought it - then got enticed to buy a Val McDermid and a Phil Rickman on offer!

Thanks, I have not gained any weight over the 5 years with GCA. Now- since November I have put on 15 pounds (around 7 kg) and they are stuck to me. I am going to try this since nothing else is working.

I was lucky enough to pick this book up as new from a charity shop for 25p, its got some lovely recipes. Must admit I prefer a book to my kindle for cook books and the like. Trouble is at the moment I can read the book but just can't put it in to practice, its like something has taken over my desire for the wrong foods but this has prompted me to behave myself from tomorrow. Stupid really because I feel so much better low carb. Hope you all enjoy your new purchase.

What about if you don’t need to lose weight? Already have toothpick legs and arms. Are the recipes still useful?

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Mstiles

Mmm - toothpick arms and legs are Cushing-y. Have you got the apple/lemon body though? And what about blood sugar and pred-induced diabetes?

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to PMRpro

Can't edit! I suppose it depends how you like to eat. There's a lot I fancy, it gives calorie counts for the 800 cal period but adaptations to make them more normal for non-fast days and the rest of the household. It is basically low-ish carb Mediterranean diet

Mstiles
Mstiles in reply to PMRpro

More lemony than before! have lost a cup size in my bra, added some around the waist, not too bad ....yet.

I need to get my AiC tested, it’s been months and I’m not following low carb very well.

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Mstiles

How did you manage that? I'd LOVE to lose a cup size. Or two ...

Mstiles
Mstiles in reply to PMRpro

Ha! I wasn’t trying! If like to have it back.

I'm fascinated by all you wonderful people who manage to fast.....I used to fast for 24 hours once a week, but if I try this now after a while I almost pass out.

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to humlies

Fasting does not mean stopping eating - it means a change in eating patterns, The Fast 800 approach is 800 calories per day, either as part of the 5:2 diet or every day for a couple of months for speedier weight loss and reversal of Type 2 diabetes. Some people also add in intermittent fasting - eating in a limited time window within a period of 24 hours which can vary.

Longtimer
Longtimer in reply to PMRpro

I was 11st 3...when I put on pred weight and became pre-diabetic, I cut the carbs, but what really has worked for me, even with eating some carbs, is not eating, (only sipping water in the evening) for 12 hours from my evening meal, I now weigh about 9st12...happy with that....Dr Mosely advocates it, and he`s right, it only takes a couple of weeks to get used to it...well it works for me.....I really look forward to my breakfast, but then I always have!

humlies
humlies in reply to PMRpro

Yes, thank you. I realise that in this case fasting is not really fasting; nevertheless I think there are some diets that do recommend a complete fast for 24 hours twice a week. I used to feel really good on a 24 hour fast, and wish I could still do it!

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to humlies

The 5:2 diet certainly doesn't - and I would class any that suggested a total fast for 24 hours a fad diet. There is a place for such fasting but only under supervision unless you know exactly what you are doing. It is very popular here in mainland Europe, especially at this time of year during Lent.

Got it -thanks

Bought it.

I already bought the book when it first came out, it has some really fab easy recipes.

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Swim2swim

Yes, I'm quite impressed, especially the veggie section (I'm not veggie but eat a LOT of veg!!). Not sure I'd have been as happy had I paid the full price though!!

Pollyanna16
Pollyanna16 in reply to PMRpro

I have never eaten SO much spinach in my life 🤣

Hi, yes go for it! I’m actually doing the Fast 800 diet with online support. Into my 6th week. Needed to loose about a stone though I’m not obese am large around the waist & bmi was gradually going up towards the unhealthy. My husband can’t believe how large the portions are & I eat 3 good meals a day. But ... no bad carbs. I have 70-85% dark choc after supper .. no pudding & the odd small glass of wine. Have lost 10 lbs & my jeans are baggy 👍 Need to be more disciplined about exercising though! Once I reach my goal I’ll use the Fast 800 recipes to help keep the weight down.

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Pollyanna16

I like the idea that my late lunchtime bowl of salad doesn't count at all except for the olive oil!

Did you lose steadily from the start or did the weight loss register in fits and starts?

Pollyanna16
Pollyanna16 in reply to PMRpro

Slow & steady from the start,even the preparation week (just getting the right food ordered & trying some recipes) I noticed a difference. I plateaued a couple weeks, that seems common, but if I keep to the recipes strictly & get out for a walk or cycle I lose weight gradually. What I need to do is fit in the short sharp workouts which are highly effective. Partly because when the weather’s bad I still get some exercise.

I have done the Fast 800/Micheal Mosley diet 3 times. I did lose a few pounds but not a vast amount. I am vegetarian and ate quite low carb anyway cause of pre-PMR diabetes .

Just checked. It's £7.99. Are you checking through .co.uk?

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to Singr

It was posted yesterday - I did say it was just for the day.

Singr
Singr in reply to PMRpro

Serves me right for not keeping up to data. :-)

I’d bought it but silly me just realised kindle doesn’t do colour! So dishes look bland & unappetising. Returned it & now splashing out on the book🙄

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to 123mossie

I am never convinced by the pictures in a cookery book - I know how they are created!!!!

123mossie
123mossie in reply to PMRpro

I'm a sucker for glossy mouth-watering pictures of food🐖

MrsNails
MrsNails in reply to 123mossie

The Kindle App on my phone is in colour 🥘 🥗 🍎

123mossie
123mossie in reply to MrsNails

Oh I didn't know that

PMRpro
PMRproAmbassador in reply to MrsNails

Thining about it - maybe OH's kindle is in colour. Mine is basic and ancient - I only read on it and that is in black and white ...

MrsNails
MrsNails in reply to PMRpro

I need to look on my new one - as l don’t know if that’s coloured or not but the phones handy in the kitchen!

It appears to be free at the moment!!

You may also like...