How to access support for people in self-isolatio... - PMRGCAuk

PMRGCAuk
10,696 members19,380 posts

How to access support for people in self-isolation and shielding

PMRpro
PMRproModerator

I have borrowed this from LupusUK - obviously the lupus-related links are not applicable to us but the other information is relevant: for example, how to access Extremely Vulnerable Person Support, Food Banks and Local Council Information and Financial Support.

lupusuk.org.uk/coronavirus-...

(Not to mention how to pause your Sky Sports subscription with there being no sport and all ;) )

(With grateful thanks to LupusUK and Paul Howard)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

The letter to my OH has come from our surgery.

This is such a great tool Pro thanks so much for sharing it.

Helped me get through to my local services and Covid information as well as the National info so much easier .

I even got to find the local delivery services available via my Local Council website which gives me a feeling of security in my choices .

I could even add a donation to the Local Food Bank via my Council link to help do my small part as I know that this facility will be in much more demand in the coming weeks but couldn't do my usual grocery donations.

I do miss the Sports but I am enjoying all the box sets of Documentaries from Sky Arts and the Films. I'm planning a marathon session of Travel Docs , so I can still feel like I'm getting to explore the outside world while sat on my botty!xxx

PMRpro
PMRproModerator
in reply to Blearyeyed

Paul Howard has brilliant links on LupusUK - always worth a wander around their resources.

Poopadoopy
PoopadoopyModerator

Thanks for this. I am learning what's going on where at last! I have registered as needing help with food delivery and meds. It ok asking my neighbour for a weeks help...she got me some cheese yesterday. But 3 months of doing my running around might be too much when she also has a child with severe asthma.

Thanks for this- have forwarded on.

You may also like...