PMRGCAuk
7,675 members12,832 posts

Ow. Hurty. Not acceptable!

Ow. Hurty. Not acceptable!

I’ve been good. I’ve been sensible. Yes it was a lovely day on Saturday and I went out but only a waddle up and down the shopping strip. Today I am so hurty I could cry. All the muscles I own are shrieking. No idea why other than humidity. I’ve reduced from 15 to 14 but that was a week ago and no problems til today. On the plus side my eyelashes don’t hurt!

This is a giant painting me and my mate liked in an art shop. It was massive and so cheerful.

93 Replies
oldestnewest

It must be a hurty kind of day...I'm hurty too.

2 likes

I wish I were here we could watch tele together xxxxx

1 like

Oh Linda l am sorry you are hurting,l hope you feel better soon.l love the painting ,it certainly would brighten up a room and it has cheered me up ,thanks for sharing it take care xxxx.

2 likes

It’s lovely isn’t it! Thank you so much for the love. I do feel a bit soppy today. The fatigue is a really horrible part of it isn’t it. Hope you are ok darling xxx

So sorry you are having a hurty day but really good that at least your eyelashes are not supporting the rest. Love the picture it would brighten any day. Hope you are feeling better very soon, look after those eye lashes. 😊

2 likes

You know what, it’s great cause I realised my fingernails don’t hurt either!!!🤸🏼‍♀️🤸🏼‍♀️🤸🏼‍♀️🤸🏼‍♀️Thank you sweetheart xxx

Hurty is a very good word for how I feel too. We don’t like humidity or rain.

2 likes

Oh Jane the humidity makes all the veins and stuff swell xxxx

That is a lovely painting. It makes me want to get my paints out. I want to paint a golden carp half in and half out of a green pool, with peach blossom hanging down. The water must look wet. I have had this in my head for ages.

3 likes

Do that SJ - it sounds wonderful and now I am 'waiting' for it ....

Rimmy

X

2 likes

It will be my distraction when they all go back to Sawtell. It is calling to me - in Japanese.

3 likes

Yes. But can you get the stuff now? You might feel too sad when they leave to get to the shops. Sorry to put it like that I feel awful but I’m thinking how I would be xxxxxxxxx

Oh dear did I say too much. Sorry 😭😭😭😭😭😭

I have not an inch for more stuff. I am storing half their UK life as it is. Decisions will have to be made!

1 like

Jane I too have a queue of paintings in my head all waiting for me to put them on canvas. My arms get so tired though. Is that your problem too? The picture you describe is utterly beautiful. I so hope you can execute it. Xxxxx

I only have child’s paints, paper and easel. I will invest in some for me in the New Year. I was always drawing, painting and writing as a child. I am only troubled with my knees apart from toxic symptoms and fatigue these days.

The tools don’t matter. It’s getting it out on paper that is so good for you. Xxxx. I beg you to do it. It’s wonderful xxxx

I do need thicker paper. They descend on me in 3 days. Like I can sit there daubing away. 😂 New Year! What about your queue of paintings?

2 likes

Well mainly thoughts and emotions that feel too big to keep inside. If I can get them out, it’s less painful. Images and colours that feel visceral. Oh I am sooooo excited for you Jane!!!!!

Now that does sound interesting. We must start a Hurty Art Club and share our efforts. There are quite a few creatives on here.

1 like

Yes that’s so true. I wish the site ‘s software let us post photos.

It does. I fully intend to post my beautiful 6 foot Christmas Tree when it’s up. You just posted your blue fairy wren.

These are therapeutic posts for the down hearted amongst us. Chronic illness sucks.

2 likes

Yes but it needs a new post for every photo I think xxx

Yes new post!

You should do it Jane. Post it on here when you’ve finished. 🐟🐟🐟

1 like

The water must look wet. I have no idea how to do that, so bear with me.

1 like

What paint is it? Oil or acrylic? Watercolour? You can use glossy mediums....

I fancy water colour. Have you ever seen those pictures of rainy streets that look really wet?

I once got shouted at in an Amsterdam Art Gallery for touching a Van Gough that looked wet - that was oil.

1 like

Yes but no idea how to do it but YouTube will have tutorials!! Naughty you touching up old Van Gogh!! 🤣

Hi

What a lovely painting. Sorry you feel so hurty, I do too. Pity we do t live near each other, we could all get together. This forum is fantastic.

Love and hugs Lynne xxxx

1 like

Lynne darling the forum is a lifeline isn’t it. I’m here and you’re there. We have each other xxxxx

That's so true xxxx

1 like

Sorry you feel rough ,rest today and take care ,Sit by the window and bat flirty eyelashes at people with the bits that don't hurt .Its excersise no matter how small ;-) .I hope you are feeling better soon . Son't let it get you down.take it easy today .

3 likes

Patricia what a darling you are. You made me laugh. Imagine in my shabby old nightie hair standing on end, batting my eyes at people hahaha!!! Much love. Linda xxxxx

1 like

How long did you wander around? I find walking slowly, dawdling along, is worse than a proper walk - and add in the weather...

2 likes

Oh really PMRpro? Is dawdling worse? I would have thought it would be harmless. I did dawdle a long way. I felt happy and got carried away. Is that it, do you think? Xxxxxx

1 like

It is for me - don't really know why, just I notice that walking on my own or with someone else at a decent speed is fine but my husband can't walk fast as soon as there is any upwards slope and I have to slow right down. I can feel it in my back much more.

3 likes

We are the other way round, he has his arthritic knee and races ahead, I do the waddling

🥂🥂

1 like

Oh Edith. I am sorry. I am going to confess though that the way you wrote that made me giggle xxx

Hmmm. Tough one xx

I wonder whether it might be something to do with blood supply? More vigorous (not extreme, of course) exercise for a shorter time might be healthier for your tissues? Just guessing, mind you.

And I love that picture. What size is it?

1 like

That would fit.

1 like

It’s about four feet wide and five tall. You need a nice big house!! Xxxxx

1 like

Talent in the painting......Yours?

I got to a point when I mentally needed to go out but physically was not able. I bought a mobility scooter which has given me such independence, a small one that fits in boot of car.......I can go for a pint of milk. It is smallest available, a bright colour and does not look too disabled. I park up if I feel like walking.

We are going to London for weekend to partake in an Italian cheese and wine tasting afternoon....a 50th wedding anniversary gift. I have booked a 50% off package at one of the posh hotels, we’ll visit the V&A museum, a rather posh Indian nosh and a drive past the Christmas lights of Harrods.......great.....but knew I couldn’t do the walking.....so we’ll take the mobility scooter. It’s a big step to get up to accept you are disabled, but people are very helpful when you smile.

I know it depends on your finances, but remember that you only have this day once.....and your kids will only waste your money....ha ha!

🛴🛵🤩. Valerie

6 likes

Perfect!

1 like

Valerie you’re so inspirational. I just ordered a wheelchair. I can’t believe it. Part of me is crying and part of me can’t wait for it to arrive. Leon was aghast when I finally admitted I needed one. It was so hard for him. He wants to make it go away and spends hours on line researching. I tell him he is wasting his time but he won’t hear me. If I have the chair I can see places I haven’t seen for years. Thank you. Xxxxxxxxx

2 likes

Go girl!!!😀

1 like

When my husband broke his back in the fire service he used a wheelchair for a few years until he regained some movement in his legs after some major Neuro surgery. We didn't think he was ever going to get out if it but luckily that wasn't the case. He worried about what other people thought and felt guilty about having to be pushed by us sometimes but I just said "up yours" to the public in general. Leon will accept it eventually but it does take time. It's sometimes worse for the men who think there should be something they can do to resolve your pain. Give him time.Debbyxx

1 like

Your poor husband. Is he ok now? Did they look after your family financially? The strain would have been horrendous. How brave you are darling xx. Thank you so much for the wonderful advice xxx

Big hugs Linda !

XX

1 like

A hug from Rimmy is always a tonic xxxxxx

I get achy and hurty if I walk too far (which is not really very far). Its like the muscles tire really quickly and a shortish walk feels like you have overdone it on a treadmill :) I find I need a day to recover after walking even if it only around the supermarket!

Lovely painting! xxx

1 like

Sandy that is how I feel. Why is a short walk so painful? What is the mechanism? I’m sad and sorry for you my dear. I send you my love xxx

1 like

I think its to do with the blood supply to our muscles and inflammation but not sure of the exact science.

Its all about pacing yourself only sometimes I forget or want to do something so much that I inevitably over do it :)

Hope you recover and can get about again soon xxx

1 like

Thank you so much. Yes I think PMRpro explained it somewhere xxxxx

1 like

Wonderful picture. We can always use cheery on here. My legs are sore also. Too much housework. I'm flattened. ( but I love to clean 😀) Also finding myself quite emotional.😢

2 likes

'Love to clean'!!!! You're 1 of a kind!

1 like

My thoughts exactly! Can you find your way to Massachusetts, bunnymom? I could use some help 😄

2 likes

And then pop over to Norfolk UK to do mine...............?

3 likes

Via the Dolomites...

3 likes

Ok. I’m willing to share 👍

4 likes

Make it a round trip and stop off at Gosford NSW.

2 likes

Sounds like a great trip, except for the cleaning 😄

:) :) :)

I would love to visit you all and clean if I had the money and energy. But if I had both I wouldn't know you because I would have PMR!

2 likes

I'd love to visit Massachusetts. I'm in Illinois. It does take me a long time to get much done. I might have to say for quite a while 😀

1 like

Jeez, bunnymom, you’re a trooper! 😇. It’s pretty chilly in Massachusetts today. Probably the same in Illinois? Good day for the sofa and a bit of tv, hot chocolate ....mmmm!

1 like

Also, I hope you’re feeling physically and emotionally stronger today. I have been pretty stable for quite a while and have almost forgotten ( thanks to my little white pill ) the horrors of pmr. I do still get tired though and then it’s nap time!!😴

2 likes

I think I am a walking physical manifestation of NAP. XXXX

1 like

Oh I wish I loved to clean. I used to. What do you think is making you emotional? Time of year? Christmas is tough for so many people xxxxxxx

I'm not sure. I am finishing a cold. I'm at 40 percent instead of my usual 50. Maybe I'm sick of being sick? I am forever wondering what's going on with me. Better today so far.

1 like

Cleaning and emotional - sounds like Pred induced - unless you always clean! I used to clean the house from top to bottom when on high doses, what dose are you on?

1 like

I'm at 8 and I did clean like crazy on high doses but I find cleaning relaxing. I'm retired now so I putter along cleaning. Especially decorating and getting ready for daughter and her boyfriend for Xmas. Now cooking is another thing 😒

1 like

You should start to slow down soon but I still get spurts on 4.5mg.

Me too, family coming from Oz a week today so I thought I'd paint the bathroom doors, only one in each bathroom no skirtings etc so easy peasy - once I'd started it showed the rest up and ended up doing the whole landing, I even complained to myself for starting such a job - it was the spindles...so tedious...but they do look nice and at least I could sit on the stairs to do them! I do love to cook though. This is the first in 50 + years I haven't made a Christmas cake, I usually bake and ice minimum x 5 for family and friends don't know why but I just told them I wasn't doing them this year....suppose I thought I'd paint instead! Are we mad or what?

1 like

I think your spoons went to the stairs. When I look at my house thru the eyes of a guest I always see a few fixer upper spots but isn't the result lovely? I have a few doors that need the edges painted after we had some sanding done so they'd fit better. Today my face feels all puffy and I'm sore. Hope I am not moving backwards. Ebbs and flows pmr

1 like

Don’t panic I often get a burning face then it goes away xxx ( the burning not the face lol)

I love my flat here in Italy - all walls plain white (I admit they do need doing but not by me!) and all doors are solid wood so nothing to paint. The wooden floors could do with a sanding...

1 like

Probably......There was a bit of method in my madness, we're moving next year...I have come to my senses though just had a quote to do some other jobs - will pay - have had a chap doing all our DIY for years but he retired this year - when my son gets here from Oz next week he'll go mad if he knows what I've been doing so no more - need to let the paint smell go! Sorry to hear your uncomfortable with your face its that something you always get? I too hope you're not moving backwards - as you say it comes and goes. xx

Are you doing up your house to impress buyers?

Where are you moving to Telian ( or have I missed a post)?

Like to think they'll be impressed anyway!!! I decided we'd have some pleasure out it too. I haven't said too much but yes we plan to move back to Yorkshire next year, when there's a big enough gap in our health calendar.......It's been on the cards for a while - we have found somewhere and the seller says she will wait for us!!! She's taken it off the market and said to me 'we'll not go through the estate agents'. It's been such a stressful year that I cannot worry about anything else - if it happens it happens. Supposed to be stressful moving I never even looked for this one....suppose it will be when selling. We have a ton of stuff. Making steps to de-clutter while no pressure...

We’ve moved 18 times - the last one in Feb this year. It does get stressful as one gets older, but it didn’t kill us. Although I had only been out of the hospital a few days when the actual move took place. I “disappeared” into the hotel opposite for a few days - husband joined me in the evenings/night.

Start clearing out asap - it’s so difficult to do, so slowly, slowly.

All the best and have a wonderful family Christmas.🎄🍀🍾🍸💐💐💐

Constance.

You're an old hand at it then! Did work keep you on the move in the past?

Thanks for the tip, there is only one speed I'm afraid.

You too have a lovely Christmas - we sure will - just placed an M&S food order, feels like cheating but I don't feel guilty one bit!

Terri X

I don't even do that - we go out as many times as is reasonable!!!! I do make 8 mincepies and appropriate volumes of brandy butter - got some extra silicon pie cases as the family are coming (I'm assuming they eat them, must check, wouldn't do to waste good mincemeat and time...)

It's the first time, I usually do all the catering but this year she said no....Hope the silicone cases are as tasty as the mincemeat!!! :) :)

1 like

Early days I would get the inflamed feeling face. Haven't had it for awhile. I am wondering if maybe it's fluid retention? Feels better today. I am getting a steroid shot next week for a bulging disc in my neck so that is in play also. Once my neck calms down I think I will feel better. I am always hoping for tomorrow to be better. Good for you that you are chipping away on your home. Ours looks better than ever because now since I can't do it my husband says the same and we hire people. The benefit of illness! Who knew???

1 like

Sounds really uncomfortable, hope the injection has good effect....that's all we can do hope for a better day tomorrow. Just been to doctors and got a throat infection now which he says is viral - good thing is the extra tablet has helped my high BP so result there, will be rattling next. I'm happy with the house just a few cosmetic bits - I'm like that second best won't do for me. Who knew exactly, have to make the best of our situation. I think we do well considering.

Indeed 😀

I you have gone sane not mad!!! Only a week to go!! I’m so excited for you I need incontinence pads lol

Oh Daisy - I hopy you starty to feely better muchly soon....xxxx

2 likes

Thank you Telian. I’m a tough old boiler!! May I ask you about your name? How did you get it? It’s pretty cxxxxx

Do you mean my pseudonym? or the surname on the girls' photos?

1 like

The Telian

Half and half - my nickname (only hubby calls me) and hubby's name - glad you like it...xxxxx

You may also like...