Some of you may remember I have been waiting for the x-ray results of my hip. I saw the rheumatolgy nurse specialist yesterday and she was able to access the results on her computer! It shows nothing significant that would cause the pain I am in so the rheumatologist is arranging for me to have an MRI scan. Another waiting game I'm afraid.
I am now concerned that it could be osteonecrosis, one of the causes of which can be long term steroid use. Does seven months count as long term do you think? I am wondering if I should try and taper my pred a bit quicker. I have been reducing from 10 mg to 9.5 mg over a month with 2 weeks to go. Maybe I should make that 9 mg for the next 2 weeks. ( I am using Dorset Ladies plan).
I know I am panicking a bit but the type of pain I am experiencing fits the symptoms of Osteonecrosis and when they move my hip joins around in examination I have no pain, just fairly bad to really bad pain when I walk.
Does anyone have oteonecrosis? How did you manage it?