Blood in urine : Hi everyone. Still... - PKD Charity for A...

PKD Charity for Autosomal Dominant PKD
865 members210 posts

Blood in urine

Fif200
Fif200

Hi everyone.

Still new to all this. Just wondering if it is common to have white blood cells and blood present in urine without bacteria? 🤔. Also is there pkders out there without aneurysms?

5 Replies
oldestnewest
Susan_101
Susan_101Moderator

Hello you find the following links to the PKD Charitys, UK based website useful. Yes, the majority of PKDers do not have aneurysms.

pkdcharity.org.uk/about-adp...

pkdcharity.org.uk/about-adp...

L0uis3
L0uis3
in reply to Susan_101

Before starting tolvatpan i always had blood in urine, sometimes with protein somestimes without. I also have pld and 4 aneurysms, 3 of which are unpredictable, i suffered a Sub-arachnoid haemorrhage in july of 2013 age 34. In November 2013 i under went open surgery to clip an aneurysm behind my right eye i had a bleed during this operation, which resulted in stroke. I struggle with everday 'simple' tasks but im here and have great support from family xxx

Fif200
Fif200
in reply to L0uis3

Hi L0uis3

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about the aneurysms. I hope things are a bit better now for you with Tolvaptan. I'm getting nearer to starting it I think.

Xx

I have PKD, but no problems wirh white blood cells or aneurysms.

Thank ye both for the replies and info. Luckily I got the all clear from my mri. 😁.

You may also like...