Tubo ovarian abscess

Hey everyone I'm so glad I have found this group. I had quite a bit of pelvic pain got bloods done and my white count was way up. I then had a CT scan and they found I had a tubo ovarian abscess in my right fallopian tube. They treated me in hospital on iv antibiotics my cell count was going down they then sent me home with oral still my white cell count was going down it all looked so good. I went back 2 weeks later for another ultrasound only to find out it had gotten bigger!! Final result was laprascopic surgery to drain the abscess! They left drain in overnight and pulled it out the following morning before discharging me. When they pulled the drain out it was honestly the worst pain I have ever felt in my life!! Not even exaggerating!! It was aweful! I am now 5 days post op and the pressure to urinate is sore and also to poo! I understand this could be due to internal bruising? Aside from that I'm still getting a acheypain where the abscess was. Is this normal? Is it coming back? I'm so scared!! Has anyone else felt this? I go for a follow up ultra sound in 2 weeks. I'm praying it has gone?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Try not to worry, your insides will be sore for a few weeks I would think. Are you still on antibiotics? They would have sent a sample to the pathology lab to determine which are the right antibiotics for your infection (I work in a lab). So hopefully your treatment will be successful. Your follow up scan will show what is happening. Just try and rest and let your body heal. It will take a few weeks. Take care.

• To begin with I was kept in hospital on 3 different types of antibiotics my white blood count was going down I then got sent home on oral. My follow up scan showed that abscess had grown so they decided to drain it laprascopy way. I'm home now and quite sore I'm just so scared its coming back? Or woukd pain where the abscess was be normal from all the prodding around? What's ur thoughts?

• I would say that some pain is normal after any surgery. It causes bruising and inflammation that can take a few weeks to settle. But if it becomes unbearable then contact the hospital or your gp. Try and stay calm as worrying can make the pain worse.

• Hello, I hope I am not too late to this thread. I had the same thing. I have been looking all over the web for anyone who has been through this. I had an ovarian abscess last month (July) and the drained it by putting in a tube connected to a drain bag. I had the drain in me for 2 weeks and 3 days until they felt it was all clear. I have always had pressure while the drain was there and now almost 3 weeks after the drain was removed. Scans showed all clear 3 weeks ago. I am in a silent panic that there is something wrong. How was your experience with scans after, you said you also had pain. Any help will be most appreciated.

You may also like...