Pudendal nerve entrapment

Hi iv just had to find out if there were any group or groups for this area , in Glasgow or any where near. I feel I am not get taking seriously, I have to wait till April to see a gynaecologist! And don't know if I can handle this till then, I would like to speak to anyone who is going through this or has, I'm 57 years old and this started over 7 months, but getting steadily worse, . If there's a group can anyone help, Thankyou. Caroline

5 Replies

  • Dear Carol, there is a facebookgroup called " pudendal neuralgia hope". There you might find some people near to you and more information. Wishing you all the best.

  • Hi if you have a confirmed diagnosis I would check with NHS Scotland to see if they can advise you where to go for surgery i.e. Decompression of the PN. If you do not have a confirmed diagnosis I would ask for a referral to pain management to discuss your symptoms. You could try pain management injections under CT guidance. Ask if there is a pain management Doctor who has experience with PN symptoms that you could go to. There is a surgeon in Southmead Hospital, Bristol, Consultant, MR. Anthony Dixon. First of all you must have a pelvic assessment by the Pain Management Consultant, Gareth Greenslade who is also the anaesthetist for Surgeon Anthony Dixon. Gareth Greenslade will do the referral for surgery if he thinks it is necessary. You must be referred by your GP to Gareth Greenslade.This may help while you are looking around for PN surgeon in your area. If not discuss with NHS Scotland about the referral to Bristol. I hope this helps. All the best.

  • Hi,

    There is a very well known pelvic physiotherapist in Edinburgh called Bill Taylor. He would be able to evaluate your pelvic floor to see if you find any stretches to start you off. Unfortunately this is a woefully underfunded condition and many of us have had to dig deep into our own pockets to get any help, very unfair when we have paid tax all our lives.

    A gynaecologist may or may not be able to help many of them have never heard of this condition, but hopefully they would be able to rule out other pathology.

    Hope this is helpful.


  • Hi there, I am in Glasgow and belong to part of a group called Scottish Mesh Survivors. If your pain is caused by mesh/tape for SUI or POP we can offer you support and friendship.

  • Thankyou, I emailed my gynaecologist and meet up next week , so glad for your information and will asking lots of questions. Thanks X

You may also like...