Pelvic Pain Support Network

Severe lower abdominal pain in the left side

Hi im 28 years old and im currently suffering from severe lower left abdominal pain and I am not comfortable when I stand it feels like something is being pulled down by gravity its un comfortable I cant sit or stand or lye down and I cant sleep ive been seeking help for a long time can someone please tell me what's going on with my body.

Already a member? Log in

21 replies

PPSN_JudyB
    PPSN_JudyB Pelvic Pain Support Netwo

Have you had an ultrasound scan ?

stlouise
    stlouise

Ive had several in the last few months the pain and discomfort just wont go away .my doctor has asked for a stool sample which I take in tomorrow. Do hou think I need another scan

PPSN_JudyB
    PPSN_JudyB Pelvic Pain Support Netwo

Have you got copies of the ultrasound reports ?

stlouise
    stlouise

No my doctor has them he said they are all normal

purpledragonfly
    purpledragonfly

I have had similar problems - normal scans etc - have you had any abdominal surgery??

stlouise
    stlouise

No I havent appart from having my appendix taken out im suffering alot of pain everywhere in body now as well as my lower abdominal pain which is non stop

zanna
    zanna

Pulled down sounds like a prolapse, but thats usually vaginal. The location sound like ovaries, but could be bowel.

Any temperatures, sweats etc?

beks169
    beks169

Hi i'm going through the same, i also have lower back pain and sometimes pain in my vagina like electric shocks. At this very moment i'm sat here wv 2 hot water bottles. Have u had a internal scan ? I had one and was told i had a tube blocked, so i went in for a laproscopy, for it to be removed but it was clear. I am now having Zoladex hormone injections, as my consultant wants to rule out endometrisis. Are you on any medication ?. Did you have a stool sample tested ? what were the outcomes

GemHou10
    GemHou10

Hi I am currently experiencing these symptoms and was wondering how u are now and did u find a cause and a resolution to this pain

stlouise
    stlouise

Hi im worse now than I was before and no I still don't know what is causing it . I am yet to have a colonoscopy and a endoscopy in the next month or so.

stlouise
    stlouise

Hi I have had all those rulled out. No im not on any meds except pain killers and I am yet to have a colonoscopy and a endoscopy in the next month or so ive had all sorts of tests done and nothing found its so frustrating .

stlouise
    stlouise

Hi I'm still waiting for my stool test to come back . Ive been tested for endometriosis and it was clear . I feel the doctors aren't listening as ive been going threw this for a long time now and it is now at the point where I'm getting no sleep and the pain is constant and moves from side to side . When I stand up it feels heavy like gravity is pulling it to the ground, at times I get to a stage where im almost screaming or want to scream as it gets so excruciatingly painfull.

Hecky
    Hecky

My symptoms were very similar, I'd had appendectomy & an ectopic & various abdominal procedures in the past...anyway after a moaning constantly it turned out the right sided pain was adhesions on the left side (adhered to the bowel) but being pulled to the left by adhesions on the right! However it was the other developing symptoms (bleeding etc) that finally convinced them to remove the womb where this was all found out...although it was very traumatic, as I've not had children, I will say it's the best decision I've ever made...

stlouise
    stlouise

As the days go by im getting worse it hurts when I breath even just normally , my glands are now sore I'm getting severe pain in my stomach and on the side ive been crying to my partner as I cant handle it im tears even now I also get pains in my chest and back the docs arent helping I feel like im fighting for my life back. it really hurts I just want it to go away.im still asking for help and getting no answer.

poppydoo
    poppydoo

hi it sounds to me like this could be a classic case for adhesions and they cause a lot of pain and pulling sensations also not always detected on a scan !! i had stool tests and came back to me as microscopic colitis i would suggest a laprascopic procedure to see if you have adhesions and they will free them it carries the risk of causing more but when you get to the point you cant take the pain no more then you have to do whats right for you im waiting for bowel adhesion surgery currently on codeine phosphate and ora morph the pain is that bad i have a lot of sickly moments and my bowel movements are always lose i have chronic pain right and left side also false symptoms of water infection but this again is due to adhesions as my last surgery the adhesions was connected to the bowel the bladder and vaginal vault xx hope this helps you xxx

stlouise
    stlouise

Thanks for that but ive been tested for that and nothing found . I just got back my blood test results and it seems that my white blood cell count is really high which indicates infection or inflammation the doctor doesn't know exactly where or what it is , but it is really painful even pain killers aren't working for me.

XHelp
    XHelp

Hi stlouise, just caught up with your post I have been experiencing severe painon the lhs for 8 plus months this week my gp has realised that he has missed the possibility of me havinga rupture hernia in femoral area he is sending me for an urgent scan of the groin....I didnt realize it was a different scan to the other one I had done if you havent hadyour groin checked ask gp. I cant sit at all unless reclining like cleopatra, painkillers donot work nothing does. Good luck Karen xx

meredithclark
    meredithclark

I have been tested for endometriosis, but it was clear now. But after the problem was solved, i am still having some pain in the lower back. I don't know why, but sometimes it still hurts a lot. I have undergone the diagnosis at the aok emergency room in Houston Texas, and the reports are normal. Then also, there is some severe pain. Can anybody having the same problem and suggest me some solutions for that?

kmmls
    kmmls

hi i have been experiencing simillar pains for the past 3 years and finaly 5 days ago i had a diagnostic laparoscopy and have a condition called pelvic congestion syndrome they found 3 varicose vain inside the left side of my pelvis, i have read up about it and it states that the majority of the time it can go undetected coz when u lay down to be examinde they go in hope this helps u and ur pain gets sorted very soon

MerGirl18
    MerGirl18

Hey! I just came across your post and your posting kind of reminded me of myself. I had severe stomach distention, loss of appetite, constipation,horrific pressure and abdominal pain, pelvic pain, a pulling feeling in my pelvis, and if I ate, worked out, stood up I felt like something in my lower abdomen was falling down! I had extensive tests run, ultrasounds, x rays, ct scans, bloodwork, pelvic exams, allergy testing, and I even got to the conclusion it was adhesions because I've had abdominal surgeries before. I had expoloratory laparotomy to check for endometrises and adhesions and they didn't find anything! I knew something was not right with my body and I eventually headed to a motility clinic and they gave me a test called a defecograpghy. It showed that I had a sigmoidocele - which is a prolapse of redundant sigmoid colon which is on the left side! So basically my sigmoid colon fell down into my pelvis! All if these x rays and expoloratory surgery couldn't find it because when you are laying down for these procedures - everything goes into place. When your positioned upright for the defecography - since it's gravity they can see with barium when organs fall down. I may not be right but if you haven't had the defecograpghy please get it done! I saw 5 GI's, 3 primary care drs, 1 colorectal surgeon and 8 ER visits, and 2 obgyns and they all missed it!!!!

I hope this helps!!!! Heather!

cupcake_21
    cupcake_21

Hi, just came across this post. I've had a rocky road myself. Started about a year sago and not had a pain free day since. After having to bouts of Pelvic Inflammatory Disease through no fault of my own, I developed Salpingitis.
    Long story short I'm going for a HSG (dye test) tomorrow to see if both tubes are blocked.
    Hope you get some answers
    X

Already a member? Log in