PBC Foundation

Lab Results

I just got my results off of patient portal from my Hepatologist appointment in December. My ALT (Alanine Aminotransferase) is 44 (normal is 6-29) it is usually at lower end of normal. MPV (mean platelet volume) is a little elevated along with RBC 5.30 (3.80-5.10) and WBC 16.1 (3.8-10.8) and absolute neutrophils 13,444 (normal 1500-7800) I just wanted to ask if anyone knows if this is a kind of normal or if it is something else. I am still waiting for the Dr to call about results. I have read that elevated ALT can be a sign of further damage to liver. Thank you for any info you can offer.

Lisa

4 Replies
oldestnewest

I’ve had my ALT has high as 75. I’ve also had elevated Neutrophils. I’m on Ursodiol 600mg now and my ALT is back in the normal range and so is my AST, and ALP. I’ve been on since 2/17. I have a hepatologist as well as a GI doc, who I’m seeing tomorrow. I recall he said that elevated ALT / AST can be due to a fatty liver which I do have as well as early stage PBC.

2 likes

Hi claygi

I also see Gastro and Hepatologist. I have been on Urso since 2015. I will ask about fatty liver. Thank you for your response.

Take care

Lisa

1 like

Hi Lisa15

My last ALT was 42 which was above the range <7.00 - 35.00u?L>. I have to ask for print outs from the surgery but I think being able to access this data is a great idea. Have you written a list of questions for your doctor when he calls. I have to telephone the surgery if I want to know what my results are and even then I only speak to a secretary. I do not know enough to make any helpful comment on the damage to liver but hopefully the doctor can answer that for you.

Let us know what he/she says.

best wishes

Hi butterflyEi

I called again yesterday and am hoping they will call today. I am going to ask about fatty liver as claygi replied. I’ve noticed that those results have been up quite a bit over the last several labs done. Hopefully I will have an answer soon. I will post when I hear from him. Thank you for responding.

Take care

Lisa

1 like

You may also like...