Raised AFP

Had 1st 3 month check up last week LFT's back to normal ranges after 3 months on ursodeoxycholic which they were pleased with but AFP was higher so sending me for another ultrasound. Got fibroscan tomorrow ( after waiting 6 months for appointment) hoping she will tell me results as next appointment with consultant not for 6 months. Anyone else with raised AFP?

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey Quilter1, Great news about your LFT's and only after 3 months on URSO. I'll have been on it a year in Oct and my results after 6 months had shown an improvement and my levels were coming down but not quite back in the normal ranges. I'm hoping my tests in Oct will be better. Good luck with it all I'm sure your other levels will come back down too, positive thinking all the way. Reen.

1 like

I am just seeing this, i posted something very similar the other day.. my AST and ALT are still too high but improving, but the ALK reversed. I have a fibroscan next Tuesday and a biopsy next Friday. How was your fibroscan? Good luck, O

Fibroscan was fine, she said didn't show any damage to liver which I am finding hard to understand when initial ultrasound that kicked everhing off showed cirrhosis. I have to have another ultrasound so once I have done I am going to get appointment to see consultant brought forward, not waiting till March !

1 like

You may also like...