I am 26 yrs old male, 185/75 with an active/athletic lifestyle.
For the last 5-10 years I have developed the following symptoms:
- fatigue, tense muscles
- heart rhythm problems (palpitations, getting exhausted fast)
- gastric symptoms
- trouble concentrating, bad memory
- insomnia (interrupted/unrefreshing sleep
- sometimes feeling dizzy/off balance
Besides the above I am eating well (and decent amounts), have a good sex drive, have obtained 2 university degrees and a high-position job, but the mentioned symptoms are just wrecking my life.
To find some answer, around 2 years ago I visited endocrinologist which made a tons of tests on me and while some interesting bloodwork appeared - the doctor did not diagnose anything endocrine system related.
Hoever, based on the blood work done and further research, I developed a suspicion that I might have pernicious anemia. Here are the related blood work results:
Regular B12 - 500 (normal)
Active B12 (HoloTC) - 150 (normal)
Anti Parietal Cells Igg - 25 (positive)
Intrinsic Factor Antiboties - borderline (value could not be determined by the lab)
On top of all that I have Atrophic Gastritis that has been diagnosed back in 2017.
I would like to understand if the blood work results that I have noted plus the Atrophic Gastritis would mean that I have Pernicious Anemia.
1) How should it be treated if my B12 levels are OK? Don't get me wrong, I would not self-medicate, I just want to understand what is the general treatment in such case.
2) Could my described symptoms be due to PA?
Will highly appreciate your feedback on this, as I am quite desperate on how to proceed with this.