going crazy

hello...

Right now i am feeling rough, my hair is just falling out like there is no tomorrow, my legs are so sore i can barely walk the length of me. I have had a headache for about a week now and just want to sleep all the time.

I was on b12 tablets but i came off them as I felt them wear off and really only raised my level up and wasnt sorting out my neurological problems , i have tried to ask my doctor for injections but he just stated i am not going to stick a needle in your arse to make you feel better.

Am i crazy booking a GP appointment with a private doctor, its going to cost me £110 i am just worried they will just say what my doctor's are saying to me

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Cazzie91 I'm saddened to read that you "came off" the supplements as with a B12 deficiency there is no quick fix where neurological symptoms are concerned and it is not uncommon for some symptoms to appear to get worse before they get better as the B12 starts repairing the damage.

Do you know what your B12 and Folate levels were when you started supplementing the B12?

Do you know why you became deficient in the first place?

As to your "private" appointment I can only suggest that you list of all of your symptoms, any blood test results you may have, and write down what it is you want to say to the doctor. It is so easy to forget vital bits of information when face to face, so stick to the script.

I am not a medically trained person but there are others on here who will give you good advice.

• unfortunately there is no guarantee that a private doctor will be any more knowledgeable about B12 deficiency than your current GP.

Have you considered trying to find another GP that might be more patient centred than your current GP appears to be.

• Just to agree that a private consultation won't necessarily be any more informative and that it might help people to comment if you can supply your previous blood test results (prior to supplementation).

If it's going to cost you so much to see someone, is it practical for you to consider some other options such as self-treatment to assess whether there's some improvement?

You may also like...