Parkinson's Movement
12,724 members11,306 posts

strange but true

hello all - it us very odd but i am now back on modoar and it seems to be having some effect- for thise who dont know me -i was on tons of drugs for PD and then told i had PSP IN NOVEMBER

SO WAS OFF ALL MEDS UNTIL I WENT BACK TO SEE MY NEURO LAST WEEK - I TOLD HIM MY NECK WAS HURTING AND HE SAID TAKE YOUR MODOPAR AGAIN - WELL I HAVE AND NOT ONLY DOES IT HELP WITH THE NECK PAIN - I THINK IT IS HELPING WITH THE WALKING AGAIN !!!!

21 Replies
oldestnewest

Great news stick with and good luck x

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR MESSAGE

LOVE SHA XXX

hi sha

good news

keep it up if you can

lol JIll

:-)

will do jill

xxxx

Sharon,

You are star! I'm thrilled to hear this news - you deserve all the good things life has to offer.

Love & hugs,

Angela

this is the 3rd time i have tried to reply but it keeps disappearing !! thanks for your kind words

love sha

Hi Sharon

So pleased for you. I was wondering how you were getting on. Please keep us posted. Good luck/ You deserve it.

Sue xx

thanks sue - will do

That is nice news to hear wishing you all the best

thanks oldtyke

Sharon

That's really good news. How much madopar are you taking?

Viv

i am taking about 2 per every time i have neck pain - which is twice a day maybe 3 times if i get it again

in france it is MODOPAR AND NOT MADOPAR - STRANGE EH ?

That's wonderful Sha. :-). :-) What area of the neck hurts? Mine just kills me in the back at the base. :-(

I'm so happy to hear positive news on your walking. :-) How is Fred coming along?

Hugs and love, Terri

hi terri - yes it sounds the same for me too - the neck i mean - pain at the back and down low -

fred is doing very well thank you though he still has pain and stiffness from time to time

i am sorry to say the walking is stillnot good but i feel it is a little better

love to you and tommy xxxx

Ya just got to laugh Shasha. That is why they call medicine a practice. Glad you are walking better.

Nice to hear good news!

do they have this medication in the states ?I also have a stiff neck? what is it called?

hello i take modopar or madopar - but dont kniow if it is available in the states

Madopar contains Levodopa and Benserazide.

Benserazide is not (last time I heard) licensed for use n the US.

This chemical does the same job as Carbidopa in Sinemet so functionally Madopar and Sinemet are the same thing

thanks pete - i had forgotten all about this comment .....

You may also like...