MY DRUGS HOLIDAY

I AM DEFINITELY GOING IN ON MODAY WEEK THE 19TH - I SHALL TAKE MY LAPTOP AND HOPE TO BE ABLE TO USE IT = OTHERWISE I SHALL GO NUTS !! CANT READ FOR LONG AND CANT SIT UP IN BED FOR LONG EITHER - I WONDER IF THEY WILL EXPECT ME TO GET UP AND DRESS -- SHOULD BE INTERESTING AS I AM NOT ABLE TO DRESS MYSELF !! .

THEN AFTER I COME OUT I AM DUE TO GO INTO A CARE HOSPITAL ON THE 2ND DEC WHILST MY DARLING FRED GETS A NEW KNEE - SO I SHALL BE PRETTY FED-UP WITH BIENG AWAY FROM FRED AND MY DAUGHTER MIMS WHO STILL LIVES AT HOME - STILL IT IIS GREAT THAT THE PROVISION IS MADE HERE TO BE ABLE TO BE LOOKED AFTER...

. WILL BE OUT FOR XMAS THOUGH XXX

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • hi SHA

you r v brave to b doing this no drugs hting

esp as they cannto give u a diagnosi sa syet

th efrench sys tem will hopeuflly takek car e fo you and fred

good luck ot both of you

lol JILL

AND HUGS AND XXXX

• thanks jill will try and keep in touch xxx

• Hi Sha :-)

Good luck, hugs and best wishes to you. You will be in my thoughts :-)

Andy xx

• hi andy ,

thanks for your thoughts and message xxxx

• i'm sorry shasha, why are you doing a drug holiday? I'm asking because I had a hernia operation and was forced to be drug free for a few days. I had NO PAIN! But couldn't stand up ! I asked my doctor if I could have a drug holiday and he said no. ???

• hi pat ,

i am having a drug holiday as since i was dx in in 2010 I Hve had little or no response to any of the many drugs i have been given - so it was suggested that i come off everything and then start again - it may be i have PSP or MSA which as you are no doubt aware means that dopamine and all the usual drugs given for PD have no effect - my neuro though is convinced i do have PD albeit a type that has a resistance to the usual drugs ... i dont know why your dr said no though !! - ps i am not looking forward to the experience though as i do get relief from pain with my modopar and sinemet ...

• hi sha

of course i hoep i tsi not MSA RO PSP

but at leas tyou would knwo 1 way o rthe other

you have got so much wor se in the last 6 months, havent you ??

lol JIll

:-)

• yes i havr got a lot worse ...

• Good luck Sha. I'll be thinking about and praying for both you and Fred.

Hugs, Terri

• thank you so much terri - love and hugs to you and tommy

• Sharon,

You brave girl!! I'm so pleased you're finally being properly assessed. Maybe France has it's advantages after all. I'm not sure whether a correct PD dx is all that I hoped it would be almost 9 yrs on. Much of that time treatment & condition as you know OK but recently almost constant pain, RLS etc & I've just started to freeze. If vets can keep animals free from pain why can't/won't doctors do this for us? Have a good rest in hospital, get a proper dx & come to visit Marilyn so I can meet you in person. Love & a host of hugs, Angela.

• thanks so much angie for your good wishes - i am sorry though to hear that you are in pain - and to freeze too - i have been doing that for a year or more but thank the vets - no real bad pain -

love and hugs sha - we have been invited to stay with marl but she lives in a house with stairs and i am not good on stairs ....

You may also like...