madopar patches

B's condition is deteriorating at the moment and swallowing has become very difficult for him.

He has a feeding PEG and I am going to ask for his medication to be in some other form than tablets. But I keep getting conflicting advice from his doctors regarding Madopar patches. Can anyone tell me how well they have worked for them. B needs his night time Madopar to be slow release. He also has Rivastigmine; anyone know if this can be delivered via patches?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So sorry to read this Mattiesmum.

As to meds i didn't know you could get Madopar as a patch. I have never heard of one. Maybe you are thinking of the dopamine agonist patch which is a different type of drug.

I do know that medication is often crushed and given via a peg. However you cannot crush slow release medication. Hope you get it sorted.

• There is a Madopar dispersible, but cannot find a patch perhaps you mean a Neupro patch often given in conjunction with the Madopar to make it more effective

• MODOPAR DISPERSBLE IS GREAT - I WAS ON THE NEUPRO PATCHES FOR ABOUT 5/6 MONTHS BUT CAME OFF THEM AS THEY DIDNT MAKE A LOT OF DIFFERENCE - MIND YOU I AM NOT THE BEST PESON TO ASK AS NOT MANY OF THE DRUGS HAVE WORKED FOR ME - SO I SHOULD ASK YOUR PD NEURO OR NURSE ABOUT THEM -

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS

• My mum had Peg feed and some of her meds were va the peg . I have only heared of Neuro patch (Rotigotine)

• Yes you can get riverstigmine in patch form. Can i ask what a peg is.my mother takes madopar dispersible in water but is now refusing to take it.thinking of crushing in her ice cream!

You may also like...