Exercise Video

Right now I am doing LSVT therapy. Before that I used to go to an exercise class where they used a video by Leslie Sansone called Walk Away The Pounds. In the morning before my meds kick in I have trouble walking. This morning decided to try my video and was surprised to see that even tho I had trouble walking I could do the exercises..I think this could be helpful for some of us.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have my first LSVT therapy scheduled for next week.

I started using Leslie's Walk Away the Pounds 1 1/2 years ago. I am currently using Walk Away the Waist alternating with my XBox Connect. I started to feel much better since beginning to exercise.

• i am commpletely ignroant or x boxes and wii

how do thye work;

what exercises do u do wiht them?

plz enlighten me

lol JIll

:-)

• The Xbox Connect does not require any extra equipment.

I put the "Your Shape" disk into the Xbox. I just move my hand to tell it what exercise, game I want to play. It follows my movements and tells me when I am not doing the exercise correctly or how well I did or didn't do on the game.

You do not sit with a controller, you have to move your body to play the games.

It is fun to do with friends and family or alone.

The games I do, help me strengthen my arms and coordination. I like it because I can see progress I am making. There are exercises I can now do that I couldn't do before.

I end with Tie Chi for a cool down.

Exercise with some fun. :)

• DiCan

Prepare to work hard at LSVT it is quite intensive but it helps,By some miracle I could walk well this morning before my meds. I believe exercise is one of the keys to keeping us moving.Keep it up. I'm off to line dancing class this morning.

• If you can do these exercises, it's likely that you can cycle. One hour, three times/ week at 80-90 rpm has been shown through research to lessen PD symptoms by 35%. More hours = more percent from my experience. check out pedalingforparkinsons.org

• I just got a theracycle and I use it in the mornings for a few minutes.I am doing LSVT 4x a week. As soon as I am finished with that I am going to hit the cycle hard. Thanks for your advice I will have to work up to that time and speed.